• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Leinster thread

• Thread starter snoopy snoopy dog dog
  • Start date
Not sure where to post this but from the inside and confirmed via the trip to South Africa here (with Munster not the evil side) but there is a reform coming from next year for all Irish provinces regards A team games between the provinces.
They will be a bit more meaningful with strong teams being fielded on both sides and only sanctioned if both head coaches agree on that. If not then the game won't be given go ahead as they caused losses for all provinces last year.
Losses as in injuries or as in financial losses? I'm surprised that there is a move towards less game time, given the URC is already much less games.

Losses as in injuries or as in financial losses? I'm surprised that there is a move towards less game time, given the URC is already much less games.
Losses as in financially. Like I suppose travel etc. It's not as such a case of them wanting to eliminate these games more they want stronger teams and it to be taken more serious. They are still proactive towards them but alot of time last year coaches were pulling players etc and it descended in to training games really.

Jordie barrett, Tyler bleyendaal, you are destroying my hurricanes. I'm going to be extra gutted if we don't win the comp this year.

Not Leinster's fault but seems that Croker will do well to sell 40-45k tickets. Top tier won't be open at moment and patches of stadium not open.

It a bad stadium if not 60k+ in terms of atmosphere for GAA. It harder for rugby as pitch dimensions mean the fans are that bit away from European Rugby should have lowered ticket prices massively and more tried to fill the place out like to generate atmosphere. It was always going to be tough as it a Bank Holiday weekend and you have things like Charity runs and communions/confirmations etc on.

Not Leinster's fault but seems that Croker will do well to sell 40-45k tickets. Top tier won't be open at moment and patches of stadium not open.

It a bad stadium if not 60k+ in terms of atmosphere for GAA. It harder for rugby as pitch dimensions mean the fans are that bit away from European Rugby should have lowered ticket prices massively and more tried to fill the place out like to generate atmosphere. It was always going to be tough as it a Bank Holiday weekend and you have things like Charity runs and communions/confirmations etc on.
Ticket pricing is weird.

Premium siphoned off for GAA season ticket holders.

Hogan and Cusack lower for 75, standard enough.

Davin where you'll be miles from the pitch behind the goal 60, no one's buying those.

Hill 16 for 18, great deal.

If the upper stand gets opened it'll be good going, EPRC couldn't sell out Lansdowne last year with mad pricing.

Between these tickets (very hard to get 5 together like I need (for a mix of Leinster and Saints fans)) and Leinster not having signed anyone or got given a CC it's been a bad day.

Ticket pricing is weird.

Premium siphoned off for GAA season ticket holders.

Hogan and Cusack lower for 75, standard enough.

Davin where you'll be miles from the pitch behind the goal 60, no one's buying those.

Hill 16 for 18, great deal.

If the upper stand gets opened it'll be good going, EPRC couldn't sell out Lansdowne last year with mad pricing.
Did I see no U18s allowed in hill somewhere too. Madness if true. Davin is miles from pitch but I'd rather be up high between 22 and halfway than stuck in corner on lower.

EPRC didn't think it true. Like the focus should have been lower prices and packing place as much as possible. It'd be good advert.
Leo Cullen even said as much during week.

If it a sellout it great for the competition. Croker is horrible if it isn't massively filled.

70k on the first full day of sales (not even midday yet). Did not expect this at all.
On a bank holiday you'd hope it helps. Will be great spectacle. The other semi sold out in less than 30mins.

If you get 2 sold out semifinals and final it is super for the tournament

Croker is set to sell out which is great to see.

Also crazy that Northampton Saints will earn more financially from this game than a sold out SF in Stadium MK.

82,300 for a Heineken cup match between two teams with no major rivalry (one match in 2011 aside) is insane. Selling out in a day too.

Of everything that's happened in Leinster this week this one is the most unexpected. Know a bunch of people without tickets because they thought they'd be fine to get them closer the time.

Latest posts