RWC 11 or Sidhe Rugby Challenge ?

• RWC 2011 HB

Votes: 80 10.3%
  • Sidhe Rugby Challenge

Votes: 418 53.8%
  • Both

Votes: 279 35.9%

• Total voters
I'll be downloading the RWC Demo, and then maybe think about buying it depending on how good it is. But I am definitely getting RC.

read a great post yesterday, something like; "I'm going to go play the demo now, where is my copy of Rugby 08..."

except Rugby 08 had club teams/comps, world league, lions etc...

From the vids RC is definitely getting my hard earned ££, RWC11 not so much.

read a great post yesterday, something like; "I'm going to go play the demo now, where is my copy of Rugby 08..."

except Rugby 08 had club teams/comps, world league, lions etc...

From the vids RC is definitely getting my hard earned ££, RWC11 not so much.

you really haven't looked at anything anyone who has played the game has said, have you?

you really haven't looked at anything anyone who has played the game has said, have you?

Why, am I obligated to do so in order to post my reaction to the videos? Unfortunately I have other things to do than trawl TRF. I was commenting on the videos.

Why, am I obligated to do so in order to post my reaction to the videos? Unfortunately I have other things to do than trawl TRF. I was commenting on the videos.

Okay, point taken. But you should do a bit of reading and don't just rely on the videos. I think RC looks brilliant, but if you look around TRF, people who player RWC say it plays much better then the trailer suggests :)

Okay, point taken. But you should do a bit of reading and don't just rely on the videos. I think RC looks brilliant, but if you look around TRF, people who player RWC say it plays much better then the trailer suggests :)
Well it couldnt play any worse ... Maybe unless the gamepad had been broken. ;)

Thought the gameplay on RC looked good, couple of points though, dont think I saw any penalties being given away at all in the whole match. That was a big problem I had with 06/08, just didnt feel like it would come out with a realistic scoreline as you wouldn't really get the chance to have a couple of penalty kicks at goal. This is something that RWC2011 has addressed, and apparently the ref pings both the player and the ai lots for offsides and ruck infringements.
Anyone who's played RC have any comments on this? Also did you get a chance to have a long range kick at goal?

Thought the gameplay on RC looked good, couple of points though, dont think I saw any penalties being given away at all in the whole match. That was a big problem I had with 06/08, just didnt feel like it would come out with a realistic scoreline as you wouldn't really get the chance to have a couple of penalty kicks at goal. This is something that RWC2011 has addressed, and apparently the ref pings both the player and the ai lots for offsides and ruck infringements.
Anyone who's played RC have any comments on this? Also did you get a chance to have a long range kick at goal?

i was at the preview and as far as i remember there were kicks at goal in pretty much every other game! Can't recall seeing a long one, but i did see a big drop goal in the pre-game practice arena.

For me its going to be interesting to see what Getofmeland says about the game, guaranteed if he finds something at fault with the game, people will come down on him like a sack of spuds.

People have already judged RWC'11 and to be honest RC for these people can do no wrong. So as I said be interesting to see what Getofmeland.

For me its going to be interesting to see what Getofmeland says about the game, guaranteed if he finds something at fault with the game, people will come down on him like a sack of spuds.

People have already judged RWC'11 and to be honest RC for these people can do no wrong. So as I said be interesting to see what Getofmeland.

He is a wee bit damned if he does damned if he doesn't.. I tought the TRF guys were really honest in picking out a few faults with the RWC game after you played it, which definitely makes me take the good things you all had to say more seriously. If he does pick up on a few issues (of which there is bound to be a few) people will criticise him for being biased or whatever regardless though. Oh well all he can do is give us his opinion.

He is a wee bit damned if he does damned if he doesn't.. I tought the TRF guys were really honest in picking out a few faults with the RWC game after you played it, which definitely makes me take the good things you all had to say more seriously. If he does pick up on a few issues (of which there is bound to be a few) people will criticise him for being biased or whatever regardless though. Oh well all he can do is give us his opinion.

Very much so, to be honest last night we were honest at what we liked and disliked and were quite frank about it also.

any idea when getofmelands review will be published?

All I can say ... how long is piece of string? :lol:

I am writing this as we speak and its not the easiest task I have had...

You could give a bit of a fill in on these forums, as people only bash RWC and then hype RC without having played either. So, if you have played RC, talking a bit about it would be good to hear.

Latest posts