• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

SuperRugby: Hurricanes v Sharks. 06/04/2012

Sharks need four scores now with twenty to go... Wouldn't surprise me if they get two bonus points ;)

Jackson hasn't been great, but to blame him solely for this would be to ignore the problem.

Try Bateman. Match over.
Where to go from here?

I don't like the two questions for the TMO. Just yes or no I say. Too influential depending on call. If he asked yes/no, it would be no try (with regards to the first TMO call today).

I get what you're saying. I guess it's like cricket where they only want to remove the shocking calls and if it is close let the referees original choice stand.

Try for Burden. 35-18.
How is McLeod a professional player? We have a penalty near our 22, he taps it then kicks it straight to the Canes on halfway.

Last edited:
What do 'Canes fans think of Bent as he's coming to Leinster next season?

Do you reckon Savea will get an All Blacks cap in the mid-season tests? He's in great form. Looking better than Cory Jane so far anyway.

Do you reckon Savea will get an All Blacks cap in the mid-season tests? He's in great form. Looking better than Cory Jane so far anyway.

No. You should watch the Hurricanes game last week. His defence was absolutely dreadful. Sure he is a weapon but if you want to be an All Black you have to be a good all round player. He's a weapon on attack and he will be an All Black but not yet. He needs at least another full season in super rugby first. Mind you Hansen could have other ideas.

Wouldn't give Savea a shot at making the All Blacks, honestly...

Hmm Bloemfontein not looking like such a bad destination eh?
Heh, got me there bru.
Can Frans play tighthead?

Try for some Cane. Match over.
Not sure what to think of that. Sure Jackson was poor and killed our momentum at times, but we just looked poor. Same mistakes again and again.
Need a new coach? Captain? I don't know.

Last edited:
Bent's average, don't think he even made a Super Rugby squad till this year -thought he was still a youngin!

True. Hopefully he picks up on extra skills (defence, kicking) in the next few seasons.

Try for some Cane. Match over.
Not sure what to think of that. Sure Jackson was poor and killed our momentum at times, but we just looked poor. Same mistakes again and again.
Need a new coach? Captain? I don't know.

Both.

brilliant from the canes, man barrett is good. comintary were talking about how he wasn't taking on the line and I thought - that's because he's not an idiot - he's not going to go barrelling into the defence of a South african team in the first 30-35min of the game. he picks his time and usally waits till late in a half or until the ideal opportunity arrises and sure enough it did. and what a run it was.

Much smarter game from the canes in the 2nd half, holding posession and they defended well. Lowe did have a good game, he and Lam are a menace and tireless on defence.

Great win for the canes, as long as things are not to bad on the injury front I think this will give them a great shot in the arm

I think I have to adopt the Canes, blues (mostly their lack of coaching) are driving me insane

for sure Savea is in awesome form but it's true he does have some issues on defence, but IMO so does Hosea gear. I think I'd pick savea for an All Blacks squad over gear simply because Gears only going to be injury cover anyway and Savea is an ideal candidate to devalop for 2015

I dont think Jackson was too bad, I think the sharks looked a bit sour after the first half but they actually adjusted their game and weren't getting nailed so much. And the Canes were getting pinged for the same stuff too.

Not sure about that conrad smith try. on another day it chould very well have been called no try. But that wasn't Jackson that was the TMO.

Latest posts