• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super League to be cut to 12 teams from 2015 season

I'm confused too. I've been told this season bottom 2 of Super league relegated.Top championship automatic promoted a winner grand final promoted. Then following season half way through season Super league teams play championship teams. It confusing old way better 1 up 1 down

Nobody is coming up this season because the Super League is going down to 12 teams. Two teams are going down, nobody is coming up. That I do know for certain.

And another season of the humiliating "club call."

Thats one of the lamest things I've seen is sports. It's really hard on the team that makes the call as well as it inevitably seems like they are taking the **** out of whoever they chose when they have to go with someone.

Everyone keeps saying it, the RFL keep ignoring them. Truly one of the worst ideas ever.

Yea it a joke. Made me laugh other day bulls coach said shouldn't let championship clubs In cause not good enough. A no money 1 get more money going up. A they can't talk about money problems they should been kicked out. A 2 if someone went up u have a different team. I blame a lot on Niger wood holding championship clubs back. Even when can go up won't be fair cause if say fax end up 4 th we probably have play likes saints Wigan away, surely full time team against part time not fair

Bradford should be in the championship after going into administration yet again.

Presume they get reprieve because of their past / history?

That all can be cause there stadium nowt special. Or a rugby league making money off it seen as own odsal

Presume they get reprieve because of their past / history?

Bradford are a huge name in the sport. Not that that should equate to preferential treatment which they are undoubtedly getting. The RFL actually bought their stadium to prevent it falling into the wrong hands. I think they still own it, don't think it was ever resold to them.

That was the reason. They took it on. But when khan got in had good intentions. A rugby league wouldn't sign to him? It is a risk. But all business men wouldn't be happy with that

With this new system in place I am also wondering if Sky Sports will be looking to pick up the Championship once it's agreement with Premier Sports ends. Not having both the Super League and Championship broadcast on the same network would to me make the whole promotion and relegation system seem disjointed and any casual fans will just see two new teams in the League every season without having any idea about them.

As things stand championship clubs this year have no TV at all. A next year sky sports are showing championship. I prefer that way no night matches, a TV games affect attendances

Sky have moved Super League games to Thursday nights - that squashes the Championship on Premier Sports. I can't believe that the RFL have allowed that to happen to be honest.

They done super league tour cause premier sport aren't showing any rugby. Weird why done it

Sky have moved Super League games to Thursday nights - that squashes the Championship on Premier Sports. I can't believe that the RFL have allowed that to happen to be honest.

I can't imagine that the RFL will ever argue with Sky over a stupid decision like this in the risk of being put on the naughty step. You know its a problem when a sports governing body is cutting the throat of one of its own leagues just to stay in a broadcasters good books.

Yeah totally agree. But I don't think rugby league give a toss about championship clubs. I think only brought relagation promotion back cause sky probably told them. A think that joke way doing it

I had no idea Premier Sports didn't have Championship RL this season.

Latest posts