• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs British and Irish Lions - Test 2

I'm still confused - you'd swap Williams in for Daly, (so, to play outside centre) in order to keep Daly in the 23?

I can only think I'm missing something trying to follow a conversation and who's talking to whom
I think it's the arrows confusing things,
He's saying Daly > Harris (as in Daly turns into Harris) then Williams > Daly (Daly on the bench instead of Williams)

Rather than Williams "greater than" Daly etc

I think it's the arrows confusing things,
He's saying Daly > Harris (as in Daly turns into Harris) then Williams > Daly (Daly on the bench instead of Williams)

Rather than Williams "greater than" Daly etc

Correct. These arrows are commonly used to list fantasy football transfers.

The arrows are 'turns into' rather than 'greater than'.

Yeah, I wasn't taking it as "greater than" but that you were bringing Williams in for Daly - so playing Williams at outside centre for some bizarre reason (I'd missed the Daly >Harris bit, which... would probably have confused me further if I had noticed it; but I'd have had a much better chance of working it out).

For those who don't play fantasy leagues <=> is the standard symbol for "swaps with"; but in rugby terms; 13. Harris, 22. Farrell, 23. Daly would be the orthodox way of putting all that.

With the fitness and injury news about Russell and Wyn Jones I feel the loosehead pick should stay the same, Sutherland start Vunipola bench.

Sutherland didn't have the best game and there will be calls to swap them around, but Mako's strength has been his coming on as an impact replacement, which he has been superb at, no question.

Changing that dynamic could well backfire.

With the fitness and injury news about Russell and Wyn Jones I feel the loosehead pick should stay the same, Sutherland start Vunipola bench.

Sutherland didn't have the best game and there will be calls to swap them around, but Mako's strength has been his coming on as an impact replacement, which he has been superb at, no question.

Changing that dynamic could well backfire.
As much as Mako had a good game I still wouldn't trust him one swallow doesn't make a summer and all that.

Apparently Russell back in training today and the final team selection meeting is tonight (announcement tomorrow) - would suggest they've made their mind up on whether to include him, or not, already - otherwise they could just announce later in the week to see how he goes after three weeks out

Turns out Rassie Erasmus used a fake Twitter account to complain about ref decisions and now is tweeting it from his own account. I understand minds games etc but how he is acting atm just seems pathetic. Couple this with the waterboy antics and the farce of South Africa A basically being South Africa, South Africa aren't exactly painting themselves in glory here.

I don't see what's wrong with the Waterboy stuff - coaches are always waterboys/tee carriers, and they've always got radios so it's just cutting out the extra step of head coach tells kicking coach to tell kicker XYZ

Turns out Rassie Erasmus used a fake Twitter account to complain about ref decisions and now is tweeting it from his own account. I understand minds games etc but how he is acting atm just seems pathetic. Couple this with the waterboy antics and the farce of South Africa A basically being South Africa, South Africa aren't exactly painting themselves in glory here.
I love the fake Twitter. He did not try to hide it even. The Bio of the Fake Twitter is a non-subtle hint.

Waterboy is great. Gatland is pressuring the refs to a much larger degree so I would expect the bok coaches to try and balance it out a bit. Look how Jonker tried to compensate over the weekend.

Yeah, this tour is stacked against Rassie, can't really blame him trying to have an external influence on the game. Not like he's doing anything drastically bad either like.

Has Biggar even been tried at 12? He's a solid defender (compared to Farrell anyway), can do a bit of crash ball and like to play deep. He seems a more natural choice at 12 than Farrell. I'd be really risky for the centres:

10 Smith
12 Biggar
13 Henshaw

Stick Farrell and Daly on the bench to cover all the backs. Daly could double up as scrum half

Graham Price in Wales Online reckons Liam Williams would make a better starting fullback than Hogg.
Everyone writing in walesonline or ex Welsh player trying to drop the Scots or Irish for the Welsh.

Warburton is still trying to justify his non Scottish team and touting Faletau as the second coming, whilst Conan would have been a serious contender for MOTM but for Itoje

Everyone writing in walesonline or ex Welsh player trying to drop the Scots or Irish for the Welsh.

Warburton is still trying to justify his non Scottish team and touting Faletau as the second coming, whilst Conan would have been a serious contender for MOTM but for Itoje

The problem with Scotland is you used to be dog**** in absence of a better word. The last couple of years has seen a vast improvement to become really good and competitive but the pundits can't look at form. They base everything on the past so Scotland never gets a fair look in

Has Biggar even been tried at 12? He's a solid defender (compared to Farrell anyway), can do a bit of crash ball and like to play deep. He seems a more natural choice at 12 than Farrell. I'd be really risky for the centres:

10 Smith
12 Biggar
13 Henshaw

Stick Farrell and Daly on the bench to cover all the backs. Daly could double up as scrum half
And if Russell is fit?

The only major change (assuming everyone is fit) change Daly for Harris\Bundee (terrible game, 6 carries for 0 metres, 5/8 tackles, 1 pass, 3 points gifted)

Personal preference, change Curry for Mish (too expensive in points given away)

I'm assuming Biggar will be chosen with any change being last minute.

Bench forwards made great impact, although like to see Beirne given more minutes if not started so still a tossup between him and Lawes, who was great although took a while to warm up

Put Williams/Adams on the bench, with Murray (also great impact from bench)

Latest posts