• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Skyrim

Interesting you say that, when playing Fallout I never used real-time shooting and always opted for the Vats combat (I configured my upgrades so 1-hit kills with Vats replenishment became the norm). Is there something similar or is combat now to cover the crosshair on the target and mash the right trigger?

I didn't use VATS much(which is maybe why I didn't feel comfortable with the combat) in Skyrim a mouse button controls a hand, dual wielding has been added though I am mostly a sword and shield player along with archery to start off. Hold down for power attacks and swings relate to the direction your character is moving.

Bows are like operating guns in Fallout although you can acquire skill perks that slow down bith melee and archery combat. Other perks allow you to expand your moves, I just added a perk that was a backhanded beheading move.

Finally got this on saturday after it was out of stock in the entire country for at least a month. It is going to be hard to do anything non-skyrim related.

On the DLC front nothing has been announced but I found a video of some ideas Bethesda have thrown out there. It's interesting but none of this might not go in the game

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, this is the best mod...

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U48uDLQ2_fs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mounted Combat and spears are two things I think the game is desperately lacking, especially considering that some sort of war with the elves seems like the most natural place to go with the plot.

:rolleyes:
Bethesda have announced that Skyrim is now going to be Kinnect compatible.

This seems stupid to me. Firstly its XBOX exclusive for now. I have an Xbox but not a kinect because I don't see the point of spending a load of money on something that a microphone costing 10 euro can do. So many of the things "enhanced" by Kinect in this are dumb. Why should I shout FUS DO RAH when I can press a button and not look an eejit at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just imagine what your neighbors would think. Then again you live in Ireland so isn't shouting, half naked, wearing a helmet kinda the norm there?

;)

Just imagine what your neighbors would think. Then again you live in Ireland so isn't shouting, half naked, wearing a helmet kinda the norm there?

;)

Only in Munster and Connacht. Muck savages.

Rented it the other week good game. Didn't get as immersed in it as I didin Oblivion.

You only have cows as your neighbors?

I need to move to Ireland, I've always wanted to shout loudly at my tv screen, wearing nothing but a nordic helmet.

Anyway, I've always had a problem with immersion with the Elder Scrolls games. I found Skyrim to be a little more immersive than Oblivion though, but I still think Morrowind beats all three for story.

Can't comment on Morrowind as I only played a bit of it (I still have it around somewhere) but I got very immersed in Oblivion and probably preferred it to Skyrim

I liked skulking around in Oblivion, breaking into people's houses. Guess that's what I missed in Skyrim, the civilized towns and cities. More fun to cause crap.

After being so excited about Skyrim and after getting it playing it for hours on end i have decided that there are several major flaws that stop me properly immersing in this rpg:

I don't fast travel to immerse properly and go on horse back BUT my horse always gets attacked and it takes an age to then climb off the horse and then watch the enemy attack the horse not me! I want horse combat or just remove horses altogether! They are usless!

All the armour as you get higher up in the levels looks sh!te, people running round i the snow with barely anything on!
No cloaks! How should my character stay warm without it! I want medieval looking armour that looks like you'd actually fight in it rather than spikes everywhere or armour that doesn't cover arms or legs?

The combat hasn't improved as much as i hoped it would - i thought when fighting sword and shield you'd be able to do combo attacks like normal fighting games which just make combat less stale. i brought the first Templar to keep me occupied before skyrim and the combat was way more fun than skyrim!

I wasn't expecting miracles but i also found myself less immersed than i did in Oblivion which had very similar faults. Is it just me or did anyone else find those things annoying?

Latest posts