• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Skyrim

I wish I could afford it :(

Far too many games out all at the same time

I feel your pain. I'm not much of a gamer. Though I do really enjoy a good game here and there, I normally spend what little money I have on other things for the most part.

I'm a big fan of the Elder Scrolls series though, so I made sure I had enough money for this game in particular.

Admittedly, sometimes if I can't afford a game I manage to get my hands on a cracked copy, but I don't like to do that for games, I like to support game studios if I like their games.

(You can mod that line out if you'd prefer to not have it up here)

Just installed it late last night myself, only got through the opening quests, started with a reliable Imperial though thought about a Redguard.

i think Skyrim is a lot more similar to Morrowind than oblivion. I loved Oblivion but the map was small and it was repetitive. In Skyrim its a lot bigger and you've actually got a lot more to do......... I'm hooked

level 17 20hours and killed 12 dragons. Now its more like 25 hours.

Last edited:
My accomplishments after the game being out for under a week:

1) Level 27
2) 100 Smithing
3) Killed so many dragons I lost count and whenever one turns up when I'm trying to do something else my reaction is "Damnit, not another one"
4) Finished main quest line
5) Finished thieves guild quest line
6) Finished Dark Brotherhood quest line
7) Finished Imperial Legion quest line

*puts game down and walks away for a bit*

In a way, except the Fallout games are terrible, and the Elder Scrolls are fantastic

Bit extreme isn't it? I thought Fallout 3 was quite excellent. Can't comment on New Vegas.

I tried to play FO3 a couple of times but just couldn't get in to it all - was seriously underwhelmed/disappointed by it -I know most people love it though (my Brother is mad on the fallout games)

Fallout games have a lot less to do then Elder Scroll game IMO. I liked them but Oblivion i loved, I can still pick it up and have fun and the game is 5 years old. I can't afford Skyrim yet might leave it till around Christmas, have to buy Revelations first.

Playing this atm and I'm loving it a lot more than Oblivion. On my way to trap me a dragon!

Still haven't decided whether I'll get this or not, seen quite a bit of it through my housemates though. They've taken completely different tactics though, one is a hide in the shadows and shoot/stab in the back while no-ones looking type of person, while the other takes the 'GRAAHHHHHH I SMASH YOU IN THE FACE WITH A MACE' tactic... Also from what I've seen, can't help but think the Nords are right knobs! That said, barely seen anything of the Imperials bar the fact that they try to cut your head off right at the start.

I'm a huge fan of New Vegas, and have Fallout 3 (picked it up for a fiver the other day) waiting in the wings when I finally finish it (keeps crashing in the last mission in Hoover Dam <_<) as well as the various Rugby games I have, so plenty to keep me occupied if I dont get it!