• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[Six Nations 2018] - Ireland

FWIW
Munster get money from every concession in Thomond Park, keep all gate money and dont foot an electricity fee while alao receiving rent from 2 AIL clubs.

Leinster own Donnybrook but pay massive rent get â'¬0 off concessions and have to pay 15% of gates.

Which stadium would you say is more profitable?

Outside gameday Thomond Park generates money daily with conferences and what not too. And if you must know IRFU partly own Thomond Park.
As you see we linked with players and thats because we are now allowed get outside help like Leinster get with guys like Heaslip and Sextons beneficiarys

"Our team gets special treatment from the IRFU so we don't go bust due to our poor attendances... Lets make fun of Leinster's attendances from 15 years ago because our bandwagon fans joined before theirs did and ignore the fact they're a well run and self sufficient organisation." - Munster fans ITT if they were literate. You're the Greece of Irish rugby and don't you forget it!
Big whoop, the province with 2.6 million people, with their stadium in the capital city manages to get more attendance than the province with about 1.2, not to mention the fact people from Cork usually can't make it to Munster for the ****show Friday evening matinee. By the way you're not self sufficient, none of the provinces are. Hence why we all receive a shedload of funding from the IRFU you ogre. And yeah we're in heavy debt because we actually own our stadium unlike your pony enclosure. Maybe you could have been self sufficient when you were actually winning things. We still have the highest highest number of people attending European games in the history of the competition (2.5 million compared to your pathetic micro penis figure of 2.3 million as of last season). Our attendances are back on the up anyway pony boy, and don't you forget it.
And Tigs the Norfolk of Ireland definitely would have to be some backward country town like Mullingar. Nah Limerick is more like Glasgow minus the generations of inbreeding, where the cops actually managed to lock up most of the scummies. And hey at least we're not the Baghdad of Europe, isn't that right Belfast?

- - - Updated - - -

Also by "on the up" Alpha means that they gave it an Ikea so people from Dublin's suburbs have an excuse to put on their stab proof vest and travel the 20 minutes to Ballymun, the town that was built for the express reason of outsourcing the scumbag problem away from the city where no one has to see or smell it.

On funding side.
We ain't in as much debt ad people think.
Also be fair to Leinster they own Donnybrook. Only province to own a stadium seperate from IRFU. But it generates nothing

A lot of history being thrown into this thread... Last season Leinster's average attendance was 20% higher than Munster's!

Anyway, I'm done with **** slinging, we know who the best province is because Garry Ringrose plays for them!

Who gets called in as third choice 10 with Carbery and Carty out for the first two weeks of competition? No one is up to the standard required, Keatley isn't going to get better, Scannell hasn't played enough there and, along with Byrne, would be out of his depth, Madigan isn't getting a game in France either. I'd bring Mads in but it sets a pretty bad precedent to have a lad out in France coming in as 3rd choice.

A lot of history being thrown into this thread... Last season Leinster's average attendance was 20% higher than Munster's!

Anyway, I'm done with **** slinging, we know who the best province is because Garry Ringrose plays for them!

Who gets called in as third choice 10 with Carbery and Carty out for the first two weeks of competition? No one is up to the standard required, Keatley isn't going to get better, Scannell hasn't played enough there and, along with Byrne, would be out of his depth, Madigan isn't getting a game in France either. I'd bring Mads in but it sets a pretty bad precedent to have a lad out in France coming in as 3rd choice.

Well seen as Scannell is a 12 and has been 24th man twice in the Paddy Wallace role I'd say he's in position if required. Also he's in great form.
Also Carty was only in last canp as no Munster player and 3 Ulster lads couldn't attend

Well seen as Scannell is a 12 and has been 24th man twice in the Paddy Wallace role I'd say he's in position if required. Also he's in great form.
Also Carty was only in last canp as no Munster player and 3 Ulster lads couldn't attend

But I don't think he gets given the 22 shirt if Sexton or PJ go down midweek. There should be a third 10 in the squad.

FWIW take Munster vs Leinster game in Aviva out and downsize it to sold out RDS alpha and attendances arent much different. Which says 1. Munster fans very loyal dispite poor slump or 2. Leinster not got as big a fanbase dispite being the team at this era.

But I don't think he gets given the 22 shirt if Sexton or PJ go down midweek. There should be a third 10 in the squad.

Why he was going to get it vs Aus if required. Maybe there will be 3rd 10 but Schmidt has worked closelyy with him.

I don't think Scannell would be out of his depth at 12, but at 10 yeah he's not played much. He does cover two and at a push three positions which will put him in Joe's favor. Carty is nowhere near the standard (really don't rate him), nor is Keatley or Byrne. Think for the purpose of a 2 week period in which it's extremely unlikely both Jackson and Sexton get injured we name Scannell as third choice ten, because at least he has plenty of rugby under his belt, brings a different dimension with his left boot (something else Joe loves) and as we've said is versatile.

I don't think Scannell would be out of his depth at 12, but at 10 yeah he's not played much. He does cover two and at a push three positions which will put him in Joe's favor. Carty is nowhere near the standard (really don't rate him), nor is Keatley or Byrne. Think for the purpose of a 2 week period in which it's extremely unlikely both Jackson and Sexton get injured we name Scannell as third choice ten, because at least he has plenty of rugby under his belt, brings a different dimension with his left boot (something else Joe loves) and as we've said is versatile.

Exactly and equally Murray can play 10 to good standard in very big emergency

If Jackson gets injured in a European game, I don't want Scannell in the 22 shirt, I think Madigan has to come back then, I don't want Murray being considered at all.

If Jackson gets injured in a European game, I don't want Scannell in the 22 shirt, I think Madigan has to come back then, I don't want Murray being considered at all.

Well Madigan doesn't deserve it. He made his own bed and isn't playing well. I'd rather Keatley or Byrne.
Rhing is on Schmidt's request Scannell has played 10 in 3 games this year. Notely vs Ulster.

Shame Olding's injured, he wouldn't have been the worse shout at 10 in the circumstances.

I'm all in favour of telling Madigan its not happening with Sexton/Jackson/Carberry in the picture but its a bit harder when you get down to Scannell/Carty/Byrne. Still, Schmidt does seem to know this business.

He's still a better player though, has to count for something.

On paper yes but now no.
Being honest Scannell has the better skillset suited to Schmidt's game plan.
Don't get me wrong we are talking about emergency situations and Madigan quit and knew when he left Ireland his ambition to play international rugby went with it.
Also Schmidt would hate it if a guy who hasn't been frequently in camp had to leave on rest weeks back to France etc.

ImageUploadedByRugby Forum1484225384.869366.jpg
For **** sakes no matter how hard we try they always manage to one up us on the arrogance. We need to up the ante.

Latest posts