• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Shanklin dislocates shoulder

Turner hall? He that lump from Harlequins?

I dont see a 10 going. Geech has already made that decision, cant see him changing his mind.

On form, I'd go for Turner-Hall or Vesty; my reservation being that they haven't got any international experience.
Realistically speaking, D'Arcy should go and start at 12 for the Tests, as I suggested WEEKS ago!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ May 8 2009, 08:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ May 7 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has D'Arcy been in good form? Do you guys consider him an able replacement?[/b]

Yeah very good form. Scoring tries, making breaks, more than able replacement. Shanklins a good player but D'Arcy was unfortunate not to be picked in the first place.
[/b][/quote]
One thrashing of Munster and everyone's a star?

Splutter!

Darse is class, and seeing him alongside BOD again was awesome. But there's no WAY he was in the running for the Lions.

Still ... sending him, along with Croft, will add something special to the test team.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ May 8 2009, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ May 8 2009, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ May 8 2009, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
good and all as he's been do you really want 2 centres who are untested at international level?[/b]

Why does it matter if they are untested at international level?

Lions Tours have in the past had players play out of position i.e. Neil Jenkins 97 Lions Tour and players uncapped have also made a name for themselves.
[/b][/quote]

because this is international level, the game has moved on a hell of a lot since 97, you could get away with it in the amateur days but not now, 2005 was proof of that with Wilkinson, do you want a repeat of that? We're no longer in a position where ideas of the past will work in this day and age.
[/b][/quote]

Urm nooo your wrong once again!

Jaime Roberts - Full Back / Wing --> Centre is one example that comes to mind

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ May 8 2009, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ May 8 2009, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
good and all as he's been do you really want 2 centres who are untested at international level?[/b]

Lions Tours have in the past had players play out of position i.e. Neil Jenkins 97 Lions Tour and players uncapped have also made a name for themselves.
[/b][/quote]

because this is international level, the game has moved on a hell of a lot since 97, you could get away with it in the amateur days but not now, 2005 was proof of that with Wilkinson, do you want a repeat of that? We're no longer in a position where ideas of the past will work in this day and age.
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

oh dear Jesus, players changing position and then staying in that position is not the same as Wilkinson being picked at centre or Jenkins being picked at full back

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ May 8 2009, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Darse is class, and seeing him alongside BOD again was awesome. But there's no WAY he was in the running for the Lions.
Still ... sending him, along with Croft, will add something special to the test team.[/b]

Why not? He was the starting 12 in the Grand Slam winning international side, Earls has barely been capped.

I wasnt surprised that he wasnt selected and I was excited to see Earls going, but at the same time I thought he was unfortunate. His form over the past month or so has kind of confirmed that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ May 8 2009, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ May 8 2009, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

oh dear Jesus, players changing position and then staying in that position is not the same as Wilkinson being picked at centre or Jenkins being picked at full back
[/b][/quote]

No you fool, Roberts had never played at centre before Gatland played him there for Wales, therefore it is the same as he was untested at international level at centre.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ May 9 2009, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ May 8 2009, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

No you fool, Roberts had never played at centre before Gatland played him there for Wales, therefore it is the same as he was untested at international level at centre.
[/b][/quote]

when you're done with the insults of a 5 year old you'll realise that the 2 don't compare as both Wilkinson and Jenkins didn't continue their careers in their Lions positions.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ May 9 2009, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ May 9 2009, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

when you're done with the insults of a 5 year old you'll realise that the 2 don't compare as both Wilkinson and Jenkins didn't continue their careers in their Lions positions.
[/b][/quote]

Hahahahaha

Of course it compares, you were moaning that people untested at international level could not play out of position but Roberts has done and has made the positions his by adapting to it.

Cant argue for Wilkinson because he is always injured and Jenkins was a 10 who filled in at 15 and went back to 10 because he was the only decent 10 around for Wales!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ May 9 2009, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ May 9 2009, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ May 9 2009, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Hahahahaha

Of course it compares, you were moaning that people untested at international level could not play out of position but Roberts has done and has made the positions his by adapting to it.

Cant argue for Wilkinson because he is always injured and Jenkins was a 10 who filled in at 15 and went back to 10 because he was the only decent 10 around for Wales!
[/b][/quote]

I never said they couldn't I just said I didn't want to see it happening again in a Lions test.

Mods, please stop these two arguing and taking the thread of topic. (Oh wait) <_<