• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Second favourite national team

I'd say mine has to be Ireland and Canada.

Also I think the Italians, fantastic anthem and they are one of the teams I've really wanted to see stamp their mark on the world of rugby but never quite managed it.

Last edited:
Wallabies! I like running rugby! All my life I've supported them in the Tri Nations. I admire many of their players as: David Campese, John Eales, Mark Ella, Nick Farr-Jones, Tim Horan, Michael Lynagh, George Gregan, Stephen Larkham, George Smith, Stirling Mortlock, Nathan Sharpe, Kefu, Matt Burke.

I also support: Wales, Scotland and Ireland when they play against the big European teams (England and France)

Last edited:
Scotland. Some old family connections still and my mom has a friend in Glasgow. I've always liked them even before I started following rugby. Also, they're usually the underdogs... hmm I'm noticing a trend. Teams in blue and white that lose a lot. :D
tor.gif

After that, the rest of the Home nations (Wales>Ireland>England) - family ties to all of them. And Oz in the 4n.

Ireland - like a lot of Australians I have a bit of Irish in me and I love the way the game is the only major sport that manages to represent the whole of their politically split state. Other than that I generally support the Kiwis against most teams simply because I love the way they play the game.

For me it's Fiji, Japan and Argentina. Also enjoy a Samoa upset now and then. A English or French win of the 6 Nations is always kind of cool, but it's more based on those teams being historically more likely to push the All Blacks when strong. Would probably support both Australia and South Africa over them in a game though.

The aussies generally, live close to there and they tend to play nice rugby when they can. I'd support NZ more if they didn't win everything.

France. I've adopted Racing Metro and France seems a natural extention. If only they can get their mojo back. A ton of Saffa talent in their (even if not our best) makes it a tad easier as well; Le Roux has been a fixture and all of Kotze, Claassen and now Kockott and.. Spedding as well around the fringes!

But really, I appreciate all test sides. Each has their own deliscious flavor and all contribute to making rugby the sport it is. I never wish for any to be down and out for too long. Except Argentina recently; **** them!

France. I've adopted Racing Metro and France seems a natural extention. If only they can get their mojo back. A ton of Saffa talent in their (even if not our best) makes it a tad easier as well; Le Roux has been a fixture and all of Kotze, Claassen and now Kockott and.. Spedding as well around the fringes!

But really, I appreciate all test sides. Each has their own deliscious flavor and all contribute to making rugby the sport it is. I never wish for any to be down and out for too long. Except Argentina recently; **** them!

I'm happy this alliance was formed. Pieter de Villiers was the first and ancestor of that phenomenon. Of course he was more legit to me because he was really a French product, South African physical specimen but French scrummaging power. He spoke fluent French with almost no accent, btw. Kockott and Spedding will be firsts in that they are SA backs added to the squad, evading the forward cliché. Anyways I'm not a huge fan of the Boks, admittedly, but I do like that French South African coming together. We're both unique Rugby nations in that we don't follow a certain trend other teams would and are geographically isolated, the biggest Rugby nation in sight. England has all the other home nations, Australia is surrounded by top talent islands...Argentina to be added to that list of peculiar nations too, part of why I like them.

I think about it on occasion, what super teams could be formed out of the current international chess board: like, the home nations have their B&I Lions thing going, wouldn't it be nice if say, all of Oceania formed their own super team (AUS, NZ, FIJ, SAM, TON) and then the one-offs in France, Italy, SA and Argentina. It'd be quite fair.

Has anybody said England yet ?? :lol:

there are many different ways to deal with frustration, 59camc. One of them is heated affairs. Please leave me be, I'm trying to educate myself on the world changing legendary fixture that is Ireland Argentina.

It's incredible how someone so wrong and uninformed can think they're right and attempt to take the **** like this... In this case it's still amazing but really not surprising. Anyway that's me done with this thread, I'm not really interested in hearing how my genealogy, the change in the white man's instinctive nature over time and the angle of my left ear from my head has stopped me from dismissing Argentina vs Ireland as a valid rivalry.

It's incredible how someone so wrong and uninformed can think they're right and attempt to take the **** like this... In this case it's still amazing but really not surprising. Anyway that's me done with this thread, I'm not really interested in hearing how my genealogy, the change in the white man's instinctive nature over time and the angle of my left ear from my head has stopped me from dismissing Argentina vs Ireland as a valid rivalry.
For the record if I were to change your name like that it would be Bigmac69

We're both unique Rugby nations in that we don't follow a certain trend other teams would and are geographically isolated, the biggest Rugby nation in sight.
Has anybody said England yet ?? :lol:

France is hardly geographically isolated, you are about as close to England as Ireland is and share a border with Italy. Infact France is closer to Scotland than Australia is to New Zealand.

Also I doubt anyone would say England, although we will probably get the most mentions due to ABE (Anyone but England). ABE nations would mostly be Scotland and Wales with France, Australia and Ireland to a lesser extent. That's half of the tier 1 nations there. If it's just for fun then no problem, only a select few take it too far and turn it into something genuinely nasty and hateful, most just say it as a bit of a joke.

Latest posts