• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 QF4] France vs South Africa (15/10/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big calls from Rassie. 2019 final vibes.

Who's kicking goals? Kolbe? Libbok?

If the plan is to kick less and run with it more, bring it on. That should suit France.

Im quite confident in predicting a France win given that South Africa haven't selected a good goalkicker in their starting 15.

I predict he has over a 90% kicking rate success from the tee!
He is one of those players who is made for the big occasion. In all honesty I did think Pollard would start though. But this show of confidence needs to be rewarded. He is going to be fine.

Or not. Lol. Manie has never played the French before.

He didnt show up in the big occasion against Ireland.
And neither did Pollard on quite a few occasions. But in the 2019 semi final and final he did. Write off a Springbok at your peril. #coping

Besides, we are in the QF, so was it the big occasion? Good luck to Ireland against the Abs lol. That's a far bigger lottery...

Head says France. Heart says us. 50/50 calls won't go our way. Borderline yellow? A definite yellow if it's us, and a pass if it's France. Lineouts and scrums under scrutiny against us. More lenient when they do it. Not saying it's intentional by refs, but more a product of the occasion (home crowd pressure, the noise...).

We played against the world in 2019 when we played Japan, but in all honesty they were never on our level. This is different.

This French team is a team of stars that are all 24 years old. They will win the WC in 2027, guaranteed. But they are going up against a well oiled machine that has been there and done that, in us (SA).

I hope we can do this, and I know we can, I just don't know if we will...

I feel like the old "which French team will show up on the day" counts more for us atm with the team selection. Libbok does not have have an average day with the boot. It's either 100 percent or below 40.

Reinach starting. Good move. His passing is much better than Faf's, and does not kick as much as the latter does. This game will be immense.

I have this sneaking feeling you know...

France are 100% so far, massive pack, worldies across the backline, stadium full of home fans, ref pressure will be massive to back France, grand slam champs, SA have been beaten already...

What can possibly go wrong?

Well SA are a well oiled machine, everyone knows their job, and they will put a huge amount of pressure on France, Ireland dealt with it by having a cool head and tight 5 athleticism, I just feel like the French pack are going to get frustrated if things dont go their way.

My only hope is that the ref doesnt become key focus, SA are good at taking the ref out of games, but I worry a stupid card will kill this game (as in worry it will kill all quarters)

I have my fingers crossed for a France win. They were, and still are my pick before the tournament began.
But it doesn't come much harder than facing SA. May the best team win.

This has been doing the rounds. Belongs in the joke section, but what the hell;)
IMG-20231014-WA0005.jpg

I have my fingers crossed for a France win. They were, and still are my pick before the tournament began.
But it doesn't come much harder than facing SA. May the best team win.

This has been doing the rounds. Belongs in the joke section, but what the hell;)
View attachment 18126
Haha. Joke doesn't work as it is a Quarter Final.

No fully supporting France winning the whole thing. (I do support England too, but let's be honest, it ain't happening.)

Going to the hospital now to get put under until the last 2 minutes of the game. I don't think my heart would be able to handle any more of it or the wait.

Urgh, already feeling stressed for this one. I have the same feeling that I had for the England vs SA final 4 years ago - which is that we will lose but we will put up a good fight. Really hoping that this is just my years of being a Stormers supporter coming through and that something big can come through like the game 4 years ago.

Good luck to both teams and let's hope we have a game as intense and engaging as the one last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.