• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 QF4] France vs South Africa (15/10/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ramos - Penaud, Fickou, Danty, Bielle-Biarrey - (o) Jalibert, (m) Dupont (cap) - Ollivon, Alldritt, Jelonch - Flament, Woki - Atonio, Mauvaka, Baille
Substitutes : Bourgarit, Wardi, Aldegheri, Taofifenua, Cros, Macalou, Lucu, Moefana

Hope Dupont's properly fit.

With Macolou on the bench France have arguably gone 5.5 : 2.5.

Should be a great game to watch.

Thankful for the 5-3 split though I'd not have minded 6-2 sans Le Roux. 7-1 just a step too far. Also agree with Vermeulen. I believe he has been spared and will rest again- if me make it- during a SF.

Did not expect the halfback pairing. But the coaches want to roll that die so fair enough. I just hope we kick off and try to play the first 20 minutes in the French 22.

That French team named looks amazing even without Ntamack. May the best team win!

Good to see the excuses still being pre-empted lol. Were South Africa favoured in 1995, 2007 and 2019? The French are apparently still sore about '95 (and 2011 lol). Get over it. Everyone gets robbed at some point but the robberies tend to even out over time and sometimes the best teams win despite bad calls.

Never in touch.

Hope Dupont's properly fit.

With Macolou on the bench France have arguably gone 5.5 : 2.5.

Should be a great game to watch.

you see this "hybrid player on the bench" discussion amongst boks fans on twitter (discussing kwagga). Macalou may have the physical attributes of a winger, but I doubt he's who France want defending crossfield bombs in the 70th minute. Nor defending a scrum on the French 5m line.

That said, he'll do!

you see this "hybrid player on the bench" discussion amongst boks fans on twitter (discussing kwagga). Macalou may have the physical attributes of a winger, but I doubt he's who France want defending crossfield bombs in the 70th minute. Nor defending a scrum on the French 5m line.

That said, he'll do!
He has played in the centre before for them I think? Which helps a bit

This is where the TV replay system and monitoring starts to get scrutinised.

First few games of this RWC were disgraceful, very few replays of anything. It's beenfixed now, but with a baying crowd, I would expect a lot of angles and number of replays for any SA infringement, and for French infringements to be overlooked.
As a matter of facts, the TV producers in this world cup are World Rugby with a selection of international production teams. So maybe the bias is more in your eyes than in someone else's 🙄

He has played in the centre before for them I think? Which helps a bit
I have never seen him play center, he has played 11 quite a few times, he is actually the fastest sprinter in the French team, even faster than Penaud and Bielle-Barrey, so you'd better not miss a tackle...

I would like a French win (Boks have enough trophies) but Libbok at 10 and Willemse at 15 is precisely what I thought gives the Boks the greatest chance for victory against a leaky French defence. Then switch to Pollard for the SF and Final.

The only concern is no Faf at 9. Why would Reinach be selected? What are his strengths?

I dont think Dupont at 9 is a huge boost. He has been quite restrained next to Jalibert and there has to be a chance the injury effects him. Plus Lucu looked alright with Jalibert.

Anyway, despite France being better in the pools than I expected I anticipate at least four tries from the Boks

Boks 29 - 20 France

As a matter of facts, the TV producers in this world cup are World Rugby with a selection of international production teams. So maybe the bias is more in your eyes than in someone else's 🙄
This is ridiculous those discussions around this matter, the french TV is not worse than any other country TV anyway.

We never had the right angle for the Lowe try against France during the last 6 nations in Dublin, we "discovered" it after, his foot was outside finally (not that it would have changed the face of the match), talking about TV bias...

I would like a French win (Boks have enough trophies) but Libbok at 10 and Willemse at 15 is precisely what I thought gives the Boks the greatest chance for victory against a leaky French defence. Then switch to Pollard for the SF and Final.

The only concern is no Faf at 9. Why would Reinach be selected? What are his strengths?

I dont think Dupont at 9 is a huge boost. He has been quite restrained next to Jalibert and there has to be a chance the injury effects him. Plus Lucu looked alright with Jalibert.

Anyway, despite France being better in the pools than I expected I anticipate at least four tries from the Boks

Boks 29 - 20 France
Is France's defense that leaky? I actually think with Danty/Fickou instead of Moefana in there, they'll be incredibly tough. New Zealand had a searing linebreak off first phase with moefana jumping out of the line and can't remember a whole lot else
For an attacking team like NZ to score just 13 points says a lot for me, but we'll see. I think their D is just slightly under the radar, but Edwards is definitely no slouch, and their breakdown prowess is second to none at the moment

Is France's defense that leaky? I actually think with Danty/Fickou instead of Moefana in there, they'll be incredibly tough. New Zealand had a searing linebreak off first phase with moefana jumping out of the line and can't remember a whole lot else
For an attacking team like NZ to score just 13 points says a lot for me, but we'll see. I think their D is just slightly under the radar, but Edwards is definitely no slouch, and their breakdown prowess is second to none at the moment
I can't remember what games Danty did not play in the past two years. But compare French PPG conceded this year compared to the last couple paints a picture. 69 against Scotland this year alone if I remember right.

France only conceded 32 points in pool games (best of the tournament so far). Surely they didn't have two top 5 teams to face in their games but still.
Defence is a strong point for sure. Galthier even said this, and he mainly tried to make them work on their attacking skills in the last two games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts