• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 QF1] Wales vs Argentina (14/10/2023)

Your 12 gets a shoulder to the face, yellow card at least 99.9% of the time given how much force there was.

Doesnt get the yellow, Kick to the corner and argentina score. And still at 15 men.

Thats a massive swing and i feel bad for Wales.

They wernt perfect and maybe argentina could still have won with 14 but still it was a v bad decision imo

Biggar and Liam Williams both looking like they've been carrying injuries all tournament. Liam had barely played before it. It's certainly going to be an interesting 4 years for Wales to develop now as there's a lot of big players finishing in the backs.
Do you have any 15s coming through or do you think you'll convert a winger? I know there's often been talk of LRZ shifting there
The shirt's been Halfpenny and Williams' for as long as I can remember

I'm at a loss as to how you can make head contact like that and not have a penalty at least?

So as long as you have a legitimate target you can charge in and swinging arm/shoulder/whatever anyone in between you and the guy you're clearing out? Cool.

That said Wales had plenty of time but panicked and that ultimately cost the match. LRZ could have stepped as well. I'd have taken QF exit before tournament.

Your 12 gets a shoulder to the face, yellow card at least 99.9% of the time given how much force there was.

Doesnt get the yellow, Kick to the corner and argentina score. And still at 15 men.

Thats a massive swing and i feel bad for Wales.

They wernt perfect and maybe argentina could still have won with 14 but still it was a v bad decision imo
It would of been mitigated to yellow because tackle was called and he was falling as he had already commited. Wales got let of with a stone cold yellow in the first half as well. Ref was bad, but consistently bad. Argentina just stronger on the day.

I find it very sad that the English would support and be so happy for a nation of Argentina that caused the biggest naval war of this decade . I'm ex royal navy and nobody on board ever supported anything from Argentina , if the Falklands means nothing then jog on imo

Well done Argentina. Definitely handled the pressure better in the second half and maintained the pressure on Wales. To be honest, even if Wales did get through it looked like they were going to be in a terrible injury position again.

Was the result I expected and was nice and close until the last couple of minutes which was good to see. Still think Argentina haven't peaked and gotten everything right just yet (they were relatively decent in the Rugby Championship, and then had a terrible start against England). But I think no matter who they play next weekend they're out, but with a good chance of getting 3rd place.

Dickson and the team just confirmed their tournament is over.

Biggest decision in RWC history outside of Jouberts embarrassment.

Good luck to Argentina in the next round, fingers crossed no other quarter is ruined by a ref decision

Oh well, at least I get to shave my superstitious World Cup beard… the moustache was really affecting my meal time anyway tbh

1697303484696.gif

Do you have any 15s coming through or do you think you'll convert a winger? I know there's often been talk of LRZ shifting there
The shirt's been Halfpenny and Williams' for as long as I can remember
The welsh pro teams have also had players holding the position who probably wouldn't make it for Wales - Dan Evans at the Ospreys, Cardiff shifted between Mathew Morgan, Priestland and Liam Williams of late. Johnny McNicoll at Scarlets, Dragons I think was O Brien? The pro teams aren't great at forward planning.

There's some exciting youngsters coming through but they need first team game time at the pro clubs - and we all know how that's going.

England beat this side with 14
Argentina against England were confused about how to make their advantage benefit and made 14 (I think?) handling errors. Yes England pressured them. But the Argentina side today was much improved and had removed most of those errors. I don't think Wales were poor at all. Wales lost the game momentum at end of first half and then struggled to take it back properly in the second half. There are some amazing Welsh players that I hope to see for a long time in the future like Jac Morgan

Latest posts