• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] Fiji vs Portugal (08/10/2023)

I know they got through in the end, but let's have it right, that was a complete shocker from Fiji. Portugal were absolutely amazing again. Their style of rugby is so fearless and fantastic to watch. To be honest, Fiji could have lost that game by 8 points if a few bounces had gone Portugal's way.

Agree. What do we get next weekend England/Samoa, England Vs Fiji/Portugal, Fiji?

Fiji have a days less rest and prep too.

Portugal were excellent both sides of the ball tonight.

Well done, Portugal. Well done. The darlings of the tournament for sure.

Not that i want to take credit away from the players but everyone's already mentioning them so maybe it's the contrarian in me but I think the real heroes here are Portugal's coaching staff.

So a European champs every 2 years combining the 6n and 6n B teams?

Not that i want to take credit away from the players but everyone's already mentioning them so maybe it's the contrarian in me but I think the real heroes here are Portugal's coaching staff.
No i agree, and for more reasons than most would appreciate. Lagisquet a guy came out of retirement working in insurance and has done wonders for the sport in that country. Squidge has some iffy takes, but his portugal video really did a great job of highlighting him.

Just hope they get a good coach in there to take over and help them continue to improve, they have some real talent.

Exactly the game Fiji needed for England.
Really?. I love this Fijian team but their performances with every game have got progressively worse. That won't do their confidence any good either. They looked a mess tonight. We're very poor as well by the way.

Really?. I love this Fijian team but their performances with every game have got progressively worse. That won't do their confidence any good either. They looked a mess tonight. We're very poor as well by the way.
I've been saying this for a long time, Fiji have always been capable of one off performances, but sustained over 4/5 games they struggle.

4 years ago it was Uraguay, tonight's performance was atrocious. They now have 6 days to turn around, a day less than England, and havnt been able to rotate their squad like England have.

I see England strangling Fiji out of the game, the way they did Argentina.

Someone get nolli Waterman a drink, I think shes having a stroke.

Portugal turned up to play every fixture lol

I don't get the obsession with having ex women's players on the pundit panel, just like I'd not be arsed to see ex male players commenting on the women's games.

I can't get away with Gareth Thomas either after the stories around concealing his HIV status from a former partner.

I've been saying this for a long time, Fiji have always been capable of one off performances, but sustained over 4/5 games they struggle.

4 years ago it was Uraguay, tonight's performance was atrocious. They now have 6 days to turn around, a day less than England, and havnt been able to rotate their squad like England have.

I see England strangling Fiji out of the game, the way they did Argentina.

I hope so. After watching tonight's game Portugal have a better attack than England. Can't say they've got a better defence as they've conceded more points, but for the physical disparity they were warriors tonight.

Latest posts