• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] England vs Samoa (07/10/2023)

I thought once conversion had been taken, no changes could be made
that's a widely spread falsehood. It's the rule in NFL so I think people assumed it was true in rugby union. I don't know where else people would get the idea from.

Eng 7 off ball contact behind Samoan ruck and nothing?

that's a widely spread falsehood. It's the rule in NFL so I think people assumed it was true in rugby union. I don't know where else people would get the idea from.
It was the law for a while
We then saw plenty of people taking pot shot drop-kick conversions to deny the ref/TMO time, then it was removed about a year ago.

I doubt that there are many rugby fans assuming that because something is a rule in American Football must also be a rule in rugby. Hardly any of us would know the first thing about American Football

Last edited:
I wanted the try to stand but it was clearly a knock-on, even if Itoje generated a lot of the force it still came off the Samoan players hand last

Hatred of any/everything English is blinding a lot of people

You just feel Samoa need another one before half time if they are going to win this

Can we still review England's try also, just to double check? Or maybe France's first try against New Zealand, I know it was month ago, but still within the same competition? 🤔

Latest posts