• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool B] Round 3 - England vs. Argentina (05/10/2019)

Farrel trademarked the no arms tackle. Anyone infringing on his trademarked tackle will by given red by the ref due to world rugby copy right laws
It's not about no arms it's about charging the head with a shoulder, slightly difference to shoulder on chest contact........

One of the worst international refs in the game, for me. Hate seeing him at club or international level.
He's not THE worst, but he's incompetent and cares too much about his funny one liners and being everyones mate

I agree he plays up to being a character. For sure.
I always find him a good communicator with players and I think he has good values and a good understanding of the game though. I'm a kiwi though so only see him in internationals, not club games, you probably have more experience with him reffing than I do.

OMG a not straight call. I thought the law had changed. I have seen 10000 skew throws just get ignored and assumed refs just said **** it.

See

And the offsides at the start, etc. How many times have you seen hands offside penalised this tournament?

*edit*
Just as I was typing this Nige is warning against England for asking him to check the foul play.

He was one of the best refs some years back but not any more, sadly. Opposite trajectory of Barnes.
Ah yes, Wayne Barnes is one of the best refs in world rugby. Of course.

This **** only happens with northern hemisphere refs.

Southern refs and the game flows
Northern Rugby doesn't flow, though. It's just a completely different style. It's tighter and more disciplined - hence a higher degree of scrutiny.

Since when? Captains and players have been telling the ref to check foul play since time immortal. They absolutely should be protesting at red card offences being waved off.
Yeah they should, I never criticised the players, but a ref can't and won't go to the TMO on the advice of any of them and every ref gives out about protesting. In fact, what Owens did there is straight out of the Wayne Barnes playbook.

Lavanini does this over and over and over again. He is the most ill disciplined player in the world. He is a guaranteed yellow every game he plays, and this one was a red. Argentina just don't learn with him. Game is over now and it's a pity as it's been really good so far.
Not sure what commentators everybody else has but they just mentioned that he is the most carded player for the Pumas. 5 yellows and 2 reds

Ford must have been told to kick down the middle. He's put them consistently in the same spot in the middle

One of the worst international refs in the game, for me. Hate seeing him at club or international level.
He's not THE worst, but he's incompetent and cares too much about his funny one liners and being everyones mate

I agree he plays up to being a character. For sure.
I always find him a good communicator with players and I think he has good values and a good understanding of the game though. I'm a kiwi though so only see him in internationals, not club games, you probably have more experience with him reffing than I do.

Marler could have been on his feet for 20mins there and got nothing

Latest posts