• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC19 Warm-Up] - Wales vs England

Strange though it might sound, I'm actually reasonably pleased with that. Apart from Youngs' occasional strange decision I can't really think of any shocking play... Itoje still giving away too many penalties for my liking though.

Look at the positives; apart from a very controversial play, Wales rarely looked threatening. England made several good breaks.

Coka wasn't his usual rollicking self, though, and Ford's kicks from hand were a bit aimless.

Main complaints are the usuals; discipline.

Also, there were three times where Youngs could have got decent ball from a mail, chose not to, and we lost it.
Something like that happens once, well, them's the breaks. But three times shows something's going on and you're not paying attention. Given that the counterplay is passing (i.e. his job) I'm a bit annoyed about that.

Please list another time where a ref has made an objectively illegal decision that has directly led to a try in a RWC.

Avoiding my question by asking another is not answering it. I'll give you answer to the one I asked. None. I personally can't be bothered to trawl through every rugby World Cup match to Answer your question.

Avoiding my question by asking another is not answering it. I'll give you answer to the one I asked. None. I personally can't be bothered to trawl through every rugby World Cup match to Answer your question.

If you say so.

Lol they really didn't though they pretty much drew an edgy **** game at home where the ref simply couldn't be assed to apply basic law, then had the cheek to not allow England to quick tap multiple times after....
Forced numerous turnovers in the maul. 2 on England lineouts 5 metres out.

Not sure what the gripe is with the quick taps. England kicked the ball anyway, which was retrieved by a Welsh player.

Need to be far more accurate towards the back end of games. Not the first time we've lost line-outs, knocked on or been turned over when the game is in the balance. If I was a back in that last 20 mins I'd have been livid. Plenty of opportunities but thought we lost the ball far too easily and weren't accurate enough when it counted.

Have to say, social media baffles me. I'm convinced we've got fans who want us to struggle in this World Cup.

Forced numerous turnovers in the maul. 2 on England lineouts 5 metres out.

Not sure what the gripe is with the quick taps. England kicked the ball anyway, which was retrieved by a Welsh player.

And for all that work they managed a draw if you remove the try that was just a blatant violation of the law, it's not even debatable it is simply fact

So the echoes in this chamber are reverberating like a rabbit (a rampant one)!

When ever anyone loses, it's the ref! Yes the decision was a little 'strange' to play on for the try when Watson was still jogging off but what no-one with rose-tints even considers are the decisions that go their way may be incorrect too. If England had scored a carbon copy of that try you'd all be laughing about it instead of acting with such petulance.

It's a god damned warm up game, chill the frikk out and stop casting shade just because you vastly outnumber everyone else (and therefore always produce echo-chambers that help no-one... certainly not yourselves).

Today's MVP... @Groundhog, with great support from @The Alpha Bro for keeping it real!

Wales honestly nothing to brag about a 7 point home win against a mish mash side. I mean you'd expect better it's probably a better result than last week but not a huge improvement.

England it's hard when the ref is making bad decisions but he was consistent (except for quick taps) we need better nouce at that but I think most teams struggle in that situation. Don't think we learned anything either of note but our saving grace is this wasn't our starting team but some who had good games last week had a more subdued performance this week. That's good as we have a better idea of they should be knocking on the first 15's door or a bench warmer.

So the echoes in this chamber are reverberating like a rabbit (a rampant one)!

When ever anyone loses, it's the ref! Yes the decision was a little 'strange' to play on for the try when Watson was still jogging off but what no-one with rose-tints even considers are the decisions that go their way may be incorrect too. If England had scored a carbon copy of that try you'd all be laughing about it instead of acting with such petulance.

It's a god damned warm up game, chill the frikk out and stop casting shade just because you vastly outnumber everyone else (and therefore always produce echo-chambers that help no-one... certainly not yourselves).

Today's MVP... @Groundhog, with great support from @The Alpha Bro for keeping it real!

Eh?

Wales were pretty good, England were not.

Don't think England looked like winning at any point.

The only particularly noteworthy parts of the game were centred around the referee - hence why that's being talked about.
Not very much "we wos robbed" going on.

Partially agree but I think if this were less echo chambery today and it happened to the other team and someone pointed out how wrong the decision was I think a fair few here would cop it was a bad decision with the shoe in the other foot. I do think the 'it was really a draw talk' and 'in a world cup the game would be declared null and void' .
is nonsence.

It not just Watson though, England were having a substitution due to HIA and the game wasn't restarted properly of which a quick tap wasn't allowed due to stopping the clock. Just want to point how wrong it was.

I will put that one down as a draw, if that dodgy try is the difference between the teams well done England.

Eh?

Wales were pretty good, England were not.

Don't think England looked like winning at any point.

The only particularly noteworthy parts of the game were centred around the referee - hence why that's being talked about.
Not very much "we wos robbed" going on.
Partially agree but I think if this were less echo chambery today and it happened to the other team and someone pointed out how wrong the decision was I think a fair few here would cop it was a bad decision with the shoe in the other foot. I do think the 'it was really a draw talk' and 'in a world cup the game would be declared null and void' nonsence.

It not just Watson though, England were have a substitution due to HIA and the game wasn't restarted properly of which a quick tap wasn't allowed due to stopping the clock. Just want to point how wrong it was.

Look I'm just saying it as I read it... and as there were like 99 Englishmen commenting and a couple of Irishmen during the game... the only discernible thing I got from the English (vast majority anyway) was moans about the ref.

WHENEVER a team loses a test match there are gripes the losing fans could make about the ref... which at the end of the day suggests that we're better just realising that this sh#t happens to everyone at one point or another within this game we all love, so we should stop acting like a spoiled child about it.

Look I'm just saying it as I read it... and as there were like 99 Englishmen commenting and a couple of Irishmen during the game... the only discernible thing I got from the English (vast majority anyway) was moans about the ref.

WHENEVER a team loses a test match there are gripes the losing fans could make about the ref... which at the end of the day suggests that we're better just realising that this sh#t happens to everyone at one point or another within this game we all love, so we should stop acting like a spoiled child about it.

I think the point you are slightly missing is many, many decisions are open to interpretations and deemed controversial, this one isn't open to debate it is as clear cut as can be and come 80 minutes was the only difference on the score board, this was the gripe and I think you would be pretty upset if it had have been the other way around.

@bushytop I agree with the general sentiment of your last posts but be wary of confusing discussion of a contentious call which to be fair, is pretty much unheard of at the top level and the situation was almost entirely made by officials and non-player influence. A worthy discussion point in a by and large unremarkable match.

However, some individuals have gone way overboard and you are right to call them out IMO. I'm disappointed that nobody has congratulated Wales on the win and claiming world's #1 international rugby team, some have even downplayed that. Shame.

@bushytop I agree with the general sentiment of your last posts but be wary of confusing discussion of a contentious call which to be fair, is pretty much unheard of at the top level and the situation was almost entirely made by officials and non-player influence. A worthy discussion point in a by and large unremarkable match.

However, some individuals have gone way overboard and you are right to call them out IMO. I'm disappointed that nobody has congratulated Wales on the win and claiming world's #1 international rugby team, some have even downplayed that. Shame.

You think they are the best team in the world?

Latest posts