• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC Semi Final: France - Wales (15-08-2011, 21:00)

Theres no way that was red card anybody that says otherwise is nuts. As gatland said anybody that makes a tackle like that from now on should now be sent off with a red card. Yeah right.....

AB's will destroy this french outfit if they make the final.

Only the french can be happy today; the rest of the world has seen what happend. Rolland won the game for France; so France will be playing a final that don't deserve and that have been stolen from others.
No glory at all in this victory.
Shame on Rolland.

No contest in the final; what a shame.

I think that sums up everything perfectly. Cymru am Byth

The RWC will be decided tomorrow afternoon.
Absolutely hope so

I wouldn't worry too much. New Zealand or Austraila will destroy this current French team, in my opinion at least. This French team offered nothing today, and were lucky to win against a team who played for over an hour with 14 men. I know where my money will be going for the final...
Agree on that

Looks like France feel sorry for Wales, they're giving away stupid penalties and handing them posession with silly chips etc.

That' quite my feeling...
Looks like we played the full match "let's give them a chance to right a wrong".

Really impressive Walles, this game reminds me the Munster/Clermont when Clermont were leading despite been 14 almost all along the game.

Theres no way that was red card anybody that says otherwise is nuts. As gatland said anybody that makes a tackle like that from now on should now be sent off with a red card. Yeah right.....

I'm not nuts, I'm Cashew.

My 2p as it stands currently.

People can blame Rolland all they want. Some of his interpretations were poor for both sides. Personally I don't think it was a red card.

More so however ... James Hook missed simple penalties in front of the posts and his running of the game was shocking. He is not a fly half for Wales and hopefully people will see this. Stephen Jones knocked on a simple ball towards the end instead of going for the drop goal, then he had a woeful attempt at a drop goal on his left foot. He missed the conversion also. Halfpenny's kick was a longshot and was so unlucky that it dropped short. All chances that we failed to take and cost us.

The loss of Adam Jones was crucial. The scrums were dead then and Roberts was almost nullified. Mike Phillips try was once again showing he has vision but wish his service was a little quicker at times.

Yet ... the French were dire, did not look to play rugby and really, I am sorry to say lucky to be in that final. Cannot beat 14 men convincingly for 60 mins, for me says it all. Wales the better side, but hampered by injuries in key areas and a fly half who failed to control the game for Wales.

Roll on the 3rd place play off next week. Chip up boys.

Good game, Red Dragons. This is a good experience for Welsh young players. Get the 3rd place and see you in Cardiff!!

Damn that red card. Ruined the game.
Wales did have 4 or 5 opportunities to win though. They played bloody well considering they played with 14 men.
But 'ol France (the team that lost 19-14 to Tonga) are in the Final! Lol

Soory mate havve to disagree at what point did france deserve it i will go thorough the game

first 13 or so mins- wales ahead

Next 40 or so mins - france the better team - rubbish dissision puts wales back but the still hold on france never looked like they were going to score because of brillient defence with one less man

till end of game - Wales better team the score a try! when was the last time somone scored a try when man down let alone look the better team

end of wales should have been in the final with the card appealed

That tackle by Warburton was just a penalty. France deserved to score a try just before halftime but faced a brilliant Welsh defense.
I thought France was the slightly better team in the first half. During the second half Wales took over but didn't manage to finish it of. Regarding the final, before the RWC started everybody knew there is only one team that's allowed to win it ;). France will become runner up, which is a very good result if you look at their games.

I wouldn't worry too much. New Zealand or Austraila will destroy this current French team, in my opinion at least. This French team offered nothing today, and were lucky to win against a team who played for over an hour with 14 men. I know where my money will be going for the final...

keep saying that please, it's exactly what we need. :D

Im beyond gutted. We gave this 100% and it wasn't enough sadly. Now, I'm determined not to blame everything on the referee's. All I will say that it was a game changer. Congrats to France who knew how to grind out the result although I'm sure most of our French colleagues know they have been poor and on paper stand no chance.

lol so many new zealanders on here are mad wales lost, I think you guys just need to cool off for a day then watch the red card offence it again

Last edited:
hhahahahaha bunch of cry babies you lost get over it lol, Blaming the ref now aye the ******** that ripped samoa for crying about refs calls a now crying over this lol. Thanks for great world cup wales have a nice flight back home see you in four years lol. Allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll Blackssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

yeah if the ref does that to you i bet you'lll be all humble and **** you pleb

hhahahahaha bunch of cry babies you lost get over it lol, Blaming the ref now aye the ******** that ripped samoa for crying about refs calls a now crying over this lol. Thanks for great world cup wales have a nice flight back home see you in four years lol. Allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll Blackssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Oi ... pipe down.

Coming from a guy who agreed with the words that Sapolu said, I think you are in no position to start talking.

Oh and before you get we still got another week in NZ ... so put your neck back in.

Wales never deserved it, France are the best team in Europe and the only reason Wales got to the semis is by playing weak European teams.

:lol: ... Troll / WUM ... etc

Pretty clear Clerc made a meal of it too i must add. He went down like a tonne of bricks him him, obviously cheating later in the game trying to claim a late tackle. Hate cheats like that, there is no space in Rugby for this. **** off to football Vincent Clerc.

Hope Aus/NZ demolish France just for the simple fact they don't deserve to be anywhere near the WC final.

Latest posts