• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC 2023 Final] New Zealand v South Africa 28/10/23 20:00 BST

The Times reporting Bongi likely available for the final because WR's investigation won't complete until next week.
That's a nice easy way out for World Rugby🤣.
But at least SA can now select and name their team from their full squad.

Why? Innocent until proven guilty unless you're what? South African? Black?
Black....

Seriously its going to be vile and shame on world rugby on not concluding this swiftly. But I said this when it first came out part of the reason you have to stamp on it even if its white on black is if you don't its gives racists the belief they can do it.

As I've said before I also dread the fallout if SA win and he is subsequently banned.

I suppose it's a tricky situation. You don't want to rush but for some reason I just can't help but feel like WR could've done more for the sake of time and to not make a tricky situation more so.

I suppose it's a tricky situation. You don't want to rush but for some reason I just can't help but feel like WR could've done more for the sake of time and to not make a tricky situation more so.
I mean he either said it or he didn't. If you don't have evidence and he's offered a plausible explanation you have go with the explanation, him and Tom share a beer. Bongi apologises for the misunderstanding, Tom apologises as well not meaning to accuse him of something he misheard.

If he did said say it there should be clear evidence or an admission of guilt (one assumes there isn't one).

I keep turning my head in circles it really shouldn't be taking this long unless there is evidence but its hard to tell what exactly what on to insitigate it but at which point he'd be copping a minimal one match ban because there is no excuse for the language. So ban him for the final and work out the rest of the ban after the fact.

If world rugby can't find definitive proof against a not guilty please by now they should be dropping the investigation as they'll never resolve it properly.

Its been 96 hours since it occured. You can watch entire match 48 times in that time frame and were talking about a couple of minutes of timestamped footage/audio to go through.

There's no excuse for world rugby here.

I reckon NZ will win this one on the basis that SA looked spent on Saturday. They've had one less day recovery on the back of a harder group and a real slog of a semi final. In comparison NZ breezed through their semi to the extent they could choose to play with 14 men.

Looks like a 50% chance rain at the moment during the game, I reckon the AB's have the skills to execute attacking plays if it is a wet one.

I wonder if SA may start their finishers from last weekend particularly Ox and Koch for some fresher legs, maybe Weisse comes back in as Vermulen was looking his age agaisnt England and wasn't overly effective. Kwaga Smith is a class player but I can't see him starting at 8 or displacing Kolisi on the flank.

I reckon Pollard and Le Roux will start. I was reminded this week how much of a cock Rassie was with ref and social media gate.

I mean he either said it or he didn't. If you don't have evidence and he's offered a plausible explanation you have go with the explanation, him and Tom share a beer. Bongi apologises for the misunderstanding, Tom apologises as well not meaning to accuse him of something he misheard.

If he did said say it there should be clear evidence or an admission of guilt (one assumes there isn't one).
this could be cut and pasted for SO MANY situations in life, person in wrong (either saying it or mishearing it) acknowledges/apologises, we move on

I'm not buying this "Springboks are too fatigued to win". There's a reason why Siya never plays a full game anymore. Other key players also don't finish a full 80 minutes. Only player who really looks tired to me is Eben Etzebeth. Rassie knows what he is doing. He has a big squad, and anyone should be able to fill in and do the job.

My post could completely backfire come Saturday evening, of course.
I don't even understand it. Why would the boks be more fatigued than the all blacks?

Last edited:
I don't even understand it. Why would the boks be more fatigued than the all blacks?

If you don't understand what I meant, I suggest google. Eg what is racism? What is racial prejudice? Is racism against whites the same as racism against blacks? Etc. My opinion on this matter is irrelevant to the point I was making.

The point on topic for the thread was about when it would be resolved. Perhaps people shouldn't be expecting this incident to affect who can play in this game. It's unlikely it will be resolved by then.
The simple idea is they had a tougher SF and one less day to recover, not saying i agree it will have an effect but i understand the idea

The simple idea is they had a tougher SF and one less day to recover, not saying i agree it will have an effect but i understand the idea
I reckon sleep is a bigger factor. Imagine how hard it would be to sleep for a World Cup knockout match. Even I woke up several hours early and I wasn't even that excited

i think pure passion, adrenalin and strapping tape will outweigh almost anything else

Latest posts