• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2011 Tutorial

holding RB or R1 makes you high tackle. atleast I think it does because I was holding RT and RB when I did it...

Yes by holding RB or R1 makes you tackle high. On playstation rugby 08 the charge down button was sircle, who charged down a kick in RWC ?

Wow found this rucking explanasion that helps. Thanks @ lionmaull . Here it is

Have you tried using the rucking tactics, if he goes really out wide for switch to Rucking tactic first player to ruck, you can do this on the fly,. If he goes up the middle keeping the ball tight, choose forwards rucking tactic, and if he goes a little wide use balanced. Every know and then when think you have and advantage in the ruck very quickly press the right analog button,(hands in Ruck function) you must do this quickly and before they get a check mark securing the ruck, do not hold or you may get penalized for killing the play. After you change the rucking tactics then, press rucking button quickly, but don't go over, you will get penalized. Try that, let me know how it goes. You can also change the defense to tight defense, spread, and kick, again same thing tight you will have better chance if they go up the middle, spread, better if they go out wide, if you pick both the correct defense and the correct rucking tactic you should have a better chance to turnover the ball. It will probably take you some time to get the timeing down, you normaly have to try and anticipate what the other players next move is going to be, keep the ball tight or swing out wide, or some where in the middle. Let me know if this helped.
Cheers and Salud

A very nice thing I realized last night. In rugby 08 when you played 2 players in one side, if player 1 was running with the ball and player 2 select a player so that player 1 could pass to him,the ball won't go to him. We'll in RWC it's fixed. You can now run sick supporting angles etc and if the ball is passed to you via Player 1, YOU'LL GET IT... Very nice (borat voice).....

If you want to grubber kick. Just tap the grubber button ( XBOX = Y, PS3 = ∆ ), otherwise it may take up to 5 minutes to power up the grubber kick.. And at the moment with the demo, we can't afford that

It is easy. When the ball is thrown into the scrum, don't hook immediately . Wait literately 1 second. This will be best,this way you can steel all opposition balls in scrum as well. While hooking push analog stick to the side your playing.

Also if the AI hooked the ball,then turn the scrum. Actually turn the scrum as soon as the ball is thrown it . So when you get it just turn it straight again,but if AI gets the ball the scrum is 45 degrees turned already. Keep on turning the scrum, and sometimes just before the AI scrumhalf(halfback,number9) pass the ball the scrum will be reset because of the scrum turning 90 degrees - WITCH MEANS YOUR SCRUM !!!! :) :) :)

Good day guys,

Any of you who bought the game found interesting tricks and tips you would like to share. We already have some tricks and tips on here,so read before you post.

Thanks

I've made numerous line breaks with Steyn by using the dummy but in the 2on1's they dont seem to get tricked by the dummy

bottomline though the dummy is much better in rwc11 then in 08

Sounds good. Don't think that AI defence EVER bought a dummy move in 08 game.

anybody have some genral tips for me? I'm finding it really difficult to win games against decent sides even on medium! I can't seem to win back possession for long enough to start an attack. Played 4 games in a row last night and literally only managed to win the ball back from a ruck once! Getting really frustrated with it all at the moment.

Any tips would be really greatly appreciated, especially in regards to winning possession!

anybody have some genral tips for me? I'm finding it really difficult to win games against decent sides even on medium! I can't seem to win back possession for long enough to start an attack. Played 4 games in a row last night and literally only managed to win the ball back from a ruck once! Getting really frustrated with it all at the moment.

Any tips would be really greatly appreciated, especially in regards to winning possession!

It will get easy really. I won the World Cup with Cananda on hard. Try to tackle the opposition back then ruck as fast as possible. Don't allow CPU to run at you, run at them and tackle them back. Sometimes when your momentum bar is 70% and up, you can steal the ball by pressing R3 (PS3)...

Hope this helps...

It will get easy really. I won the World Cup with Cananda on hard. Try to tackle the opposition back then ruck as fast as possible. Don't allow CPU to run at you, run at them and tackle them back. Sometimes when your momentum bar is 70% and up, you can steal the ball by pressing R3 (PS3)...

Hope this helps...

Some rucks just can't be turned over. When I feel this is the situaton, I press 'change player' button and highlight players in the backs defensive line, and move them either backwards or sideways so as to cover gaps in the defence. Only problem with this is that SOME players AI is so good that they want to move back to near their original place!

Sometimes this is easier than fumbling with the D pad for changing defence tactic/setup.

(Apologies....duke_of_devere should have been quoted).

Last edited:
Thanks for all your tips guys! Took a break from the game for a few days and then after watching England today I was really pumped to play again! Took in all your advice, as well as kicking more and making better decisions with choices from penalties and I absolutely stormed it on medium! Won the world cup with England beating Australia 38-14 in the final! I've gone from hating this game to absolutely loving it! Now for hard mode!!!

Guys, how do i score a try without diving? like just touching it to the ground, it's an achievement on the xbox 360 and something i'd rather do than the diving.. Also how annoying is it when you go to try a bit prematurely when about to score a try and end up kicking it out of play hahaha

How do attack and defend scrums?! They literally beat me everytime an it's on easy!! I press the analog stick in the direction I want to drive but nothing happens?

HELP !!!! Can anyone PLEASE explain how to perform the set plays for :-

Loop.
Miss.
Pivot, and
Classic.

How do attack and defend scrums?! They literally beat me everytime an it's on easy!! I press the analog stick in the direction I want to drive but nothing happens?
If you win the ball you win the drive, it's just timing the hook after the ball is put in. Once the balls in, wait for just under a second then hook. It took me a while to get the timing right. If it's not your put in then turn the scrum and if you win it then just keep driving.

Please disregard these questions... I found answers in another thread...

Last edited:

Latest posts