• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2011 Official Game

Geez, if he's shocked by the bugs and glitches in Rugby World Cup 2011, he's going to go through the roof when he tries an alternative. I hope they make a great patch and put that out before he gets his hands on it.

For someone who is against 'propaganda' towards RWC 2011, you do a pretty good job of it towards RC.

i translated as best i could:

"listen, unlike alot of the rugby gamers, i'm not that disappointed with the game. More or less every one will agree that since its been ages since any rugby game has come out, you would have made alot of people happy regardless. On the other hand, there is still a shocking amount of bugs and glitches that have carried over from the previous games. At the end of the day, i'm still happy about the game. Nonetheless, four years later my mates and i are still doing dodgey kick-offs, can't select a player while you watch the oppositon run away, unable to do a thing about it.

Listen, if you are goin to make the best rugby game, you have to have all licences for every team. ****, get every one except the top two countries in the world, like how about a beta or something to be able to make the best rugby game possible. I don't think rugby challenge will get that ***le because the gameplay is similar to the rugby league games, which some of those from around the world may not have played before. Go watch some videos, the offload system is the same as the league series, not as realistic as i thought it would be.

I've had my cry, im going back to find some more glitches and bugs. Later'

wow, that gave me a headache

r.e.s.p.e.c.t.

For someone who is against 'propaganda' towards RWC 2011, you do a pretty good job of it towards RC.

True he must have dreamt that there is 7 pages of bugs and glitches on the Sidhe forum. Poor old CA can't even say a word on either forum.

Good to hear Mario! :D As I've been saying on both forums, if you guys are able to address a large amount of the most important of those issues, you'll definitely have the best game out there. As it stands it's the best in a lot of ways already. Just need the game-play to be as impressive and then it'll be absolutely amazing.

I get this almost every time I even hint at there being a few things wrong with Rugby Challenge (which right now there is no doubt there is). Yet all the good things I say about it go unnoticed.

I guess the fact that I think it could be the greatest game ever with some tweaks is completely irrelevant because I don't hate RWC?

Hi all

I wanna change the names of NZ n AUS for the player rating , can any 1 help me with that or just help with the latset squad they used for these two teams ?.

Regards
QuinyQ

why did HB studios waste their time in talking to gamers on here, when they go and produce exactly the same game as rugby 08??? the only better aspect is the rucking element.
What have they been doing for over a year while making this?
Won the world cup on hard mode first time. played for 2 days and havent been compelled to play again.
Rugby Challenge should be interesting, videos they have released look better, and at least different from their previous ***les.

why did HB studios waste their time in talking to gamers on here, when they go and produce exactly the same game as rugby 08??? the only better aspect is the rucking element.
Won the world cup on hard mode first time. played for 2 days and havent been compelled to play again.
Rugby Challenge should be interesting, videos they have released look better, and at least different from their previous ***les.

TRUE! TRUE! TRUE!...exactly wat i thought!

Haha at the reviews on Amazon. They are (quite rightly) terrible. How anyone can positively rate it is anyone's guess. A poor man's Rugby 08 with a couple of added features and significantly less teams and options. I feel sad for those who think it is worth £40.

Feel sorry all you want I love it. :D I just finished editing Australia, NZ and Ireland (a bit I still need a few changes) and I saved it twice I worked so hard getting the height and weight right. It was worth it though. :D

we all in the same boat....wait.... i mean SHIP!

i'd been on here earlier complaining about RWC11 and to be honest all of those complaints are still valid but in saying that I played for a few hours last night with Ireland on hard and got to the semi's of the world cup before losing to NZ with a penalty (dubious at best) at the death. Enjoyed it and looking forward to giving it another lash tonight. Need to mess about with the set plays a bit, got destroyed with the cross field kick so keen to see how it'd work with O'Gara to Bowe.

Just got the game today and it really fun,
I'm only playing on medium difficulty at the moment and have only had 4 games, 3 as wales vs the Aussies and one as Romania vs Tonga ,
got beat twice by the Aussies but was pretty close games, then i beat them with a late drop goal in the 3rd match ,
i liked how it was a totally different pace game in the Romania vs Tonga match so you need to play a bit different , i was winning but Tonga kept getting drop goals and ended up beating me by one point , all drop goals too the buggers lol , was 8 -9 to them .

Really glad i bought this game , its a lot of fun and has a really good feel of rugby about it , cant wait to get stuck into it proper tomorrow & do a tournament .

Just traded it back in and game uk game me £36 back for it!! Only lost £3 over the last week - brilliant!Hopefully RC won't dissapoint

NoWay

I wonder if its HB studios members that is posing as normal bloggers? It seems like theres much more people enjoying the game all a sudden? I will get the game maybe in 6 months time when the price droped way down? I dont understand why i must pay for a game thats the same as 08? This really dissapointing.. :(:(:(

well if HB is watching these posts at all.... please there is still time to recover some damage? unlike Rugby 08, there exist such thing us updates.... please listen to us and add some updates to the games though PSN or XBOX live. There are a couple I need:

1) Ranking system for online players
Same ranking system the IRB use will work nicely. Decimals can be used for finer distinction between players. http://www.irb.com/rankings/explain/index.html

2) Custom Tournaments setup
This is something seriously missing from RWC2011. Even with Rugby 08 I had two friend I invited, and we used to play a Tri Nations Tournament over a couple of beers. RWC2011 doesn't have the option to set up small tournaments between mates! They can also take a leaf out of the book from FIFA World Cup 2010 (a game I believe also came from HB).Even in FIFA, you could play online World Cups, and somehow the engine would make you join a World Cup immediately, and start playing from the Play offs

3) Camera Angles
You took away the nice customization I could make with Rugby 08. Why? There was a specific view I could create with the sliders, and I loved the slow matrix-like turning screen during turnovers.

4) Line Outs
They were a bit better with Rugby 08. Now it is simplified and not so cool.

5) Off Loads
They worked better and more responsive with Rugby 08. I seem to find myself regularly tapping X but nothing happens.

YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE THE ABOVE FIVE POINTS CAN BE EASILY DONE VIA SW UPDATE

I bought this game because I used to keep my PS2 console only for Rugby 08. I had to dust off the PS2 for when friends visit. Now I don't need to, but like I mentioned, the Custom Tournament is taken away. That sucks because I dpn't like pulling out a pen and paper and writing done scores to calculate who is playing best in afternoon when the game used to calculate a table for us automatically. Especially if I enjoy some beers with my mates :)

Come on HB, please think of what we used to love about this Rugby game, and bring it back!!!! I will still continue to play this game, it is just painfull to remember how it used to be, and what we have to put up with now.

Latest posts