• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2011 Official Game

Got the game yesterday and am enjoying it. I guess it is because it is the first rugby ***le on Xbox so happy with even a game comparable to Rugby08. Would love a Super 15 type league but then again, I dont have too much time to play an like the fact that I can quickly play a WC.

Played my first game in wet weather and it was a realistic gloomy game. Jacques Fourie on centre is a try machine:)

Will try get online today and see what the fuss is all about.

PC gamers are still out there you know???

Cant believe it was not launched for PC!
Oh well, guess I will just have to keep on playing the 2008 RWC edition for the next 4 years (Im sure Im the most caped EA RUGBY 08 player in the world!)...at least I can still play Super 14, Tri Nations, 6 Nations, GP and Euro Cup...not forgetting the World League.

Is it maybe launched on Wii?

Any future plans to bring it out on PC or Wii?

I have RC and must say the offloads stop the rucks thank god(rucks are super slow and a wee bit annoying) but if u want a real good kick when time slows down you need to have heaps of space infront of you, and because there is no pocket option this hardly ever happens.

Oh Dear.

What a horrible game. I've lurked on these forums recently in anticipation of this release along with the rest of you. This game is a budget release at best. As a big sports game fan, this ***le is nowhere near adequate.

Before you all tell me about budgets, etc, bear in mind this game is at the same price point as any other major release, which is farcical. Madden 12 is released next week and the demo alone makes RWC look like a high school programming assignment.

I also keep reading that "Gameplay is great" "an improvement on Rugby 2008". I never played Rugby 2008 (thankfully) but just because this is apparently better than a 4 year old ps2 game that makes it ok?

I guess Rugby fans are happy to accept anything just to get a gaming fix?

This smacks of a quick cash in on the RWC and is a ***le that will be forgotten the moment the tournament finishes.

This is an objective opinion. I will afford Rugby Challenge the same when it is released. I have no preconceptions and had made no 'allegiance' to either game before release.

Yours disappointedly,

Nick

After having played this game a fair bit since Friday I can honestly say its pretty poor. I liked the demo and REALLY REALLY wanted to like this game but it is just hideous. There is SO much wrong with this game but I've just compiled a list here of things which have put me off this game;

* Its a world cup game and only has half of the licenced teams
* The ratings, details and player likenesses are so far off its just crazy. For some reason Ireland are a team of gods, really, Ronan O Gara 95/97 or whatever? Really? Does anyone who helped make this game ever watch rugby? Nick Easter and Mike Tindall side stepping like Shane Williams....Really?
* The only way you can score is to go around the outside of players. This is just tragic. The way you can just whip players out and around seems to be a major step BACK since 08.
* WHY WHY WHY that when you go to receive a kick in your own 22 the 'mark' x comes up, then you press it and your player catches the ball and does an up and under? WHY!?!?!
* The rucking system, although more improved is impossible to play against a higher rated team. IMPOSSIBLE. You can't counter ruck or you'll get penalised so you just have to sit there like a chump and take 30 phases of rugby until you get scored on. The line between counter rucking and penalising is not only close but non-existent.
* The lineouts are way to hard against better opposition. I don't mind losing the odd line out but when all I do is press one button to execute the lineout I think its harsh I lose the ball by just choosing to throw it in. Its a lottery.
* Has ANYONE who was invloved in this rugby game ever seen a rugby ball bounce? Tell me, how often does a kicker kick the ball from their own 22 and it lands up 5 meters from the opposition line in touch?
* How often in a rugby game do you see a kick off taker kick the ball to the 5 meter line in the opposition half?
* One thing which annoyed me in 08 and it seems to have lived on is picking up the ball close to the touchline. How often does a player pick up the ball and run 3 meters in touch by accident? Really....is this what it has come too?
* If you edit a players name the commentator still calls him by the original name.
* Why online can an opposition player wheel the scrum and therefore get possesion after you get penalised with no re-set.

There's so many other things I could say but I can't be bothered, I'm not wasting any more time on this, its not worth it. I really hope they have better luck next time because this is really rubbish. I want to like it but I just can't.

I totally agree with You. Ive been visiting this site everyday for almost 2 years now. I wsa so excited for this game to come out. Bought it on Saturday and was so dissapointed. Its look like a playstation 1 game. The games got no atmosphere. The Players is very small.Seem like ants running around. I'm really really disappointed.Advertising the Game on gumtree.

Is there perhaps a setting where can Zoom in. The players seem so far.

I've had enough of this game already

This game is honestly the most frustrating game ever - I expected it to be an easy flowing game that you could go to when you were bored but no? I find that players and the other team stray offside and the computer does not pick this up, I also find that many knock ons go untouched, I live an breathe rugby and not even I can say I like this game, the rucking system is awful, I expected a real class game - but no - we got rugby 08, thanks HB - tnh cannot wait for Rugby Challenge looks 10x better.

you guys still have alot of work to do

listen unlike alot of the rugby gamers im not that disappointed with the game just lil thing more or less like every one will agree that yes its been ages since any rugby games come out so either way you have made alot of people happy on the other hand there is still a shocking amount of bugs n glitches from the 05-08 rugby games like at the end of the day im still happy about the game none the less but come on everything else runs a heap smother but you four years on me n my mates are still doing dodgey kick offs cant select a player while u watch him run away and not a thing you can do about it listen if u are goin to make the best rugby game u can for one u have to have all licences for every team **** get every one bar the top two countries in the world like how bout a beta or something to able to make the best rugby game possible coz i dont think rugby challenge will get that ***le coz for all you peeps round the other parts of the world u have not seen the gameplay for rugbu league go watch the offload system is the same not realistic as i thought it would in the end ive had my cry im goin back to find some more glitches n bugs laterz​

I'm not a stickler for punctuation really, but that was hard to read, no full stops, and everything looked run together. I honestly gave up halfway through. :)

half way? you have done well.

i think i read the first two lines as the wall of text was just too hard to decipher.

I translated as best I could:

"Listen, unlike alot of the rugby gamers, I'm not that disappointed with the game. More or less every one will agree that since its been ages since any rugby game has come out, you would have made alot of people happy regardless. On the other hand, there is still a shocking amount of bugs and glitches that have carried over from the previous games. At the end of the day, I'm still happy about the game. Nonetheless, four years later my mates and I are still doing dodgey kick-offs, can't select a player while you watch the oppositon run away, unable to do a thing about it.

Listen, if you are goin to make the best rugby game, you have to have all licences for every team. ****, get every one except the top two countries in the world, like how about a beta or something to be able to make the best rugby game possible. I don't think Rugby Challenge will get that ***le because the gameplay is similar to the rugby league games, which some of those from around the world may not have played before. Go watch some videos, the offload system is the same as the League series, not as realistic as I thought it would be.

I've had my cry, Im going back to find some more glitches and bugs. Later'

Wow, that gave me a headache

...not 100% what just happened there :huh: think you might die if you tried to say all that as he wrote it

"Listen, unlike alot of the rugby gamers, I'm not that disappointed with the game. More or less every one will agree that since its been ages since any rugby game has come out, you would have made alot of people happy regardless. On the other hand, there is still a shocking amount of bugs and glitches that have carried over from the previous games. At the end of the day, I'm still happy about the game. Nonetheless, four years later my mates and I are still doing dodgey kick-offs, can't select a player while you watch the oppositon run away, unable to do a thing about it.

Listen, if you are goin to make the best rugby game, you have to have all licences for every team. ****, get every one except the top two countries in the world, like how about a beta or something to be able to make the best rugby game possible. I don't think Rugby Challenge will get that ***le because the gameplay is similar to the rugby league games, which some of those from around the world may not have played before. Go watch some videos, the offload system is the same as the League series, not as realistic as I thought it would be.

Geez, if he's shocked by the bugs and glitches in Rugby World Cup 2011, he's going to go through the roof when he tries an alternative. I hope they make a great patch and put that out before he gets his hands on it.

whats impressive about this translation is you actually had to read it in the first place!

Latest posts