• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Championship: South Africa - New Zealand (06/10/2012)

mmmyeah, I got the Boks on this one still. I'd say there's about a 60% chance the AB's win...

Hate the Thomson for Cane and Ellison/Gear for Savea. Savea should've been at least in the 22.

SA by 5....

so mad right now...

Anyone have any idea where I could watch the game in Craddock?

Lol!!

WTF are you doing there!!! not even a drifta or a walka will help you!!

I know there's a wimpy, which might be able to help you
Haha it's fish river canoe races or something, another excuse for students to go down on mass and get **** faced ;).

My only concern is being able to watch the rugby!

Haha it's fish river canoe races or something, another excuse for students to go down on mass and get **** faced ;).

My only concern is being able to watch the rugby!

Wait what? you choose to watch boring rowing events over a Springbok vs All Blacks game... You need to get your priorities in order!!

Students getting shitfaced happens everywhere!

Not like this :p.
It's a Rhodes tradition.

I will watch the game make no mistake, Wimpy or Steers if push comes to shove and we can't find a pub.

I guess this is the first time it's easier for me to watch the match in Holland than for someone in South Africa haha.

Yes, it works like a charm!!! Thanks! Forgot to give you an update...

Question:
when South Africa host a game at home against NZ, and win, is it considered an upset ?
I mean sure NZ is the best in the world, and the second best (SA in fact) isn't even close; but it's still the 2nd best team ever AT HOME hosting another team.

Of the 43 tests played in South Africa
: NZ has taken 18 and SA protected 24. Also the one draw.
But I dunno how either people/fans feel, dunno any kiwis or boers so...SA win at home, is it still an upset ?? I don't think so personally.

P.S.: know that in Australia (74 tests), AUS has protected it 24 times against NZ's 46 wins...with the 4 draws.

Question:
when South Africa host a game at home against NZ, and win, is it considered an upset ?
I mean sure NZ is the best in the world, and the second best (SA in fact) isn't even close; but it's still the 2nd best team ever AT HOME hosting another team.

But I dunno how either people/fans feel, dunno any kiwis or boers so...SA win at home, is it still an upset ?? I don't think so personally.

P.S.: know that in Australia (74 tests), AUS has protected it 24 times against NZ's 46 wins...with the 4 draws.

I guess it's considering the run-up events that decides whether a game is going to be an upset or not.

In this case I think it will qualify as an upset if the Boks win. NZ is undefeated since the World Cup, they are on their way to winning 16 consecutive matches, and they hold all the international trophies they possibly can.

Question:

If you pick up this hot girl and things go your way against all odds, forget the fact that you are miles apart in terms of looks and class, albeit you are considered the 2nd hottest thing in that pub (a local one), she is of Hollywood decent

Did you still score?
or was she just suppose to fall for you?

A WIN is a WIN in rugby

Question:

I all depends when you are talking about; pre or post professionalism

In South Africa
..up to 1995 - NZ 6 wins, SA 22 (1 draw)
1996 - 2012 - NZ 13 wins SA 10 wins

In New Zealand
..up to 1995 - NZ 12 wins - SA 6 wins (2 draws)
1996 - 2012 - NZ 19 wins, SA 3 wins

If you draw line above the amateur era (which I think you should if you want the stats to be relevant to the modern game) then NZ v SA in SA is about an even money bet. I certainly don't think that SA winning those matches should be classed as as "upset"

The other way to look at it is the definition of an upset in sport:

When a lower ranked (the underdog) team beats a higher ranked (favourites) team = Upset.

Latest posts