• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Championship: South Africa - New Zealand (06/10/2012)

Darwin

AKA Dingo_Darwin
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Highlanders
TRC.png

National Stadium, Johannesburg (06-10-2012, 15:00 GMT)
South%20Africa.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
New%20Zealand.png

Referee: A Rolland
30px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png

Assistants: R Poite & G Garner
Television match official: S Veldsman
30px-Flag_of_South_Africa.png

To me this is without a doubt the biggest game of the year. Right from the start it was always going to be the toughest game for the AB's, they have won everything so far, and you would think they would be desperate to take this as well and be almost assured of setting some serious winning streak records there after.

AB's clearly the better team but the SA home advantage and travel factor even things up.

Still going to pick the All Blacks to win.

Bokke met 12. I just think we have more to play for and hunger counts for a lot in my book. Also we probably have more capacity for improvement at this stage.

I'm well aware we could be taking a step back this weekend seeing as the ABs are a far sterner test than a an out-of-sorts Wallabies outfit my belief is back.

Cracking game, will definitely stay up for this one! I think the all blacks will edge the boks, but the boks will come out firing like last weekend so I wouldn't exactly write them off completely.

I will be in the main stand for this game! Can't wait!

Seeing that we can't braai at the stadium (damn Park and Ride rules)! Me, my dad and my brothers are driving early Saturday Morning from Polokwane to Pretoria. Then we're going to braai at the Guest House we stay and then 13:00 get on the bus from Menlyn to Soccer City.

then when we get there, we go straight to the beer tent, to kill 4 hours before the game starts...

I will be the guy in my Bok Jersey, singing Die Stem Loud and Proud... oh wait, that would be every single one of the Bok supporters inside the 90 000 seat stadium...

oh fok, check out the ref!

Bokke to def win it now!!!

Seeing that we can't braai at the stadium (damn Park and Ride rules)! Me, my dad and my brothers are driving early Saturday Morning from Polokwane to Pretoria. Then we're going to braai at the Guest House we stay and then 13:00 get on the bus from Menlyn to Soccer City.

then when we get there, we go straight to the beer tent, to kill 4 hours before the game starts...

I will be the guy in my Bok Jersey, singing Die Stem Loud and Proud... oh wait, that would be every single one of the Bok supporters inside the 90 000 seat stadium...

Enjoy and drive safe, may the day be remembered forever with your family = quality time bud

Cracking game, will definitely stay up for this one! I think the all blacks will edge the boks, but the boks will come out firing like last weekend so I wouldn't exactly write them off completely.

Kinda agree with your sentiments - hoping for a fair, brutal and close game here

Is it Bryce Lawrence? :)
Alain Rolland.;)

Anyway, looks like ticket sales aren't going so smoothly. Might give the All Blacks a slight advantage...
It seems putting up a Test against the All Blacks at Soccer City is not as popular as the South African Rugby Union had hoped, as the Soweto residents are not exactly rushing to get their hands on 'discounted' tickets.

South Africa host New Zealand in the 95,000-seater World Cup soccer stadium in the last round of the Rugby Championship and - like the Pretoria Test against Australia at the weekend - the game will not be a sell-out.

Tickets costing R250 for the Boks versus All Blacks at Soccer City have now gone out on general sale.

SARU revealed that almost 7,000 tickets at R250 were released exclusively through Soweto outlets - but have now been put on general sale. This is in addition to tickets available in premium seats at R600 and a number remaining at R450.
- http://www.rugby365.com/article/49903-ranking-slip-and-more

All just because Ellis Park suck as a venue in it it's current location
Had this stadium been in Pretoria, Durban, Cape Town or PE and it would have been filled close to capacity.
Play the games where the rugby people live, not the soccer masses

Had this stadium been in Pretoria, Durban, Cape Town or PE and it would have been filled close to capacity.

Yeah! and the other problem with Ellis park is the fans there has to worry not just about their team losing, but also losing their car!

but Soccer City is a massive stadium and a real pleasure to watch anything there. U2, Kings Of Leon and in November Linkin Park will have performed there.

well its a soccer stadium and it was built there becuz of what you just said...

It's a 90000 seater. Selling 50000 would be more than fine for most tests. Why not 'give away' tickets at R50 to 40000 people in Soweto who would not buy at R250? Do your part for growing the game in SA, SARU! And if the problem is that the stadium is asking for too high a fee for hosting then I am sure it can be negotiated as we have an unique situation in SA.

Get that stadium full even if you have to drive in 20 local schools by bus! And give each child a Bok t-shirt. That is what a governing body caring about grass root development of their code should do.

Last edited:
It's a 90000 seater. Selling 50000 would be more than fine for most tests. Why not 'give away' tickets at R50 to 40000 people in Soweto who would not buy at R250? Do your part for growing the game in SA, SARU! And if the problem is that the stadium is asking for too high a fee for hosting then I am sure it can be negotiated as we have an unique situation in SA.

Get that stadium full even if you have to drive in 20 local schools by bus! And give each child a Bok t-shirt. That is what a governing body caring about grass root development of their code should do.

hell, this is very true

Lucky bugger, have fun!
So, expecting pretty much the same 22? I suppose the only real question is Kirchner.

I'm expecting a very similar AB's 22 for this match. The only change I think we will see is Mealamu starting ahead or Hore (just to rotate the old men), while it is possible that Retallick will start ahead of Romano. For the first time this season I am very nervous going into a test match - I have been very confident of an AB's win in all the tests thus far this season (as I am a typically arrogant New Zealander ;) ), and while I still think the AB's are favourites for this match, I feel there is a very real chance they could lose. In many ways that makes this test the most exciting of the year!

This will be the match of the year, no doubt about it. After a Super Rugby final with the Chiefs and Sharks (painful to watch but still, we made it) we now have a Test to end the season on a high. Springboks - All Blacks is always amazing!

I just hope we see a similar line-up (Maybe Lambie starting if Kirchner is injured)

Latest posts