• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Challenge 3 confirmed

Apparently it's just a case of getting the game approved by SONY and Microsoft. Such a shame as I wanted to play along with the Premiership!
#COYQ

That's a really, really tough part of the process and time wise probably the most unpredictable part of the project. There are literally thousands of ways to fail submission.

Last edited:
you know what, i feel like giving up on this game! no use asking for ***** when we dont even get anything from WW or TRU BLU...

disgusted!

you know what, i feel like giving up on this game! no use asking for ***** when we dont even get anything from WW or TRU BLU...

disgusted!

TRU BLU is a lost cause. WW, whilst they might be restricted by what they can/cannot say I believe they should have followed Sidhe and Big Ant's footsteps by owning a forum where the rugby gaming community can discuss and providing the right level of information. Or at the very least communicating with rugby gamers on this forum.

That's a really, really tough part of the process and time wise probably the most unpredictable part of the project. There are literally thousands of ways to fail submission.
Really?!? How long did it take with RLL3 and DBC? Loving DBC Ross!!!!

Really?!? How long did it take with RLL3 and DBC? Loving DBC Ross!!!!

Thanks Quins - DBC wasn't too bad on Submission for the actual disks but we've been murdered on the patches, it's taking months to get all platforms in all territories out, and you can't release any one of them until all territories/platforms are approved.

Last edited:
I honestly think it's not too much for the Rugby fans to be asking for a weekly update of how things are going. This game has been well past their intended release time and it's just silence, silence, silence. It's not impossible to just say something every week on any of the following subjects or many more. Even fortnightly, it's just ridiculous now.

If the game is finished, or if due to other hold-ups they're continuing minor adjustments?
When the trailer might be coming out?
What's new in Rugby Challenge 3?
What bugs from previous versions have been smoothed out or fixed?
How many camera views?
What we're all likely to notice first about Rugby Challenge 3 when we play it?
What kind of rules, extra time etc, adjustments can be made?
What has been done to make forwards play as forwards and backs as backs in this version, when there was little difference in other versions?
What aspects of rugby as a game have they worked on to improve - kicking, set-piece, breakdown, position play etc?

There are things that can be said, but it's silence on nearly every front and that doesn't exactly scream "proud of the product".

There are things that can be said, but it's silence on nearly every front and that doesn't exactly scream "proud of the product".

Exactly this! I hope that this isn't going to follow in the footsteps of the last 2 games of HB studios who also had a lot of delays and not much publicity of it's game.

I have cancelled my order for this game because they yet again changed the release date. I can rather use that money on something else.

Sadly, they treat the niche rugby game market as exactly that. They rely on the fact that those of us longing for a decent rugby game will likely buy it anyway, regardless of the delays/decisions they make so don't bother saying anything.

What they fail to grasp is that that same band of people would happily help promote their product for them, and hype the game to their friends etc if we ourselves were given confidence in the product and knew roughly when it was due.

The number of rugby supporters/players I know who have either never heard of the Rugby Challenge series or simply assumed it was no better than Rugby 15 due to the lack of publicity, is easily 25+. It annoys me when people say there is "little money to be made from a niche sporting ***le", when there is so much untapped revenue there. Rugby is a community sport - get the game right and involve the right people and that community will multiply sales of your game. It needs to hit the ground running though - if online play thrives from day one then the game will continue to do well, IMO.

Sadly, they treat the niche rugby game market as exactly that. They rely on the fact that those of us longing for a decent rugby game will likely buy it anyway, regardless of the delays/decisions they make so don't bother saying anything.

What they fail to grasp is that that same band of people would happily help promote their product for them, and hype the game to their friends etc if we ourselves were given confidence in the product and knew roughly when it was due.

The number of rugby supporters/players I know who have either never heard of the Rugby Challenge series or simply assumed it was no better than Rugby 15 due to the lack of publicity, is easily 25+. It annoys me when people say there is "little money to be made from a niche sporting ***le", when there is so much untapped revenue there. Rugby is a community sport - get the game right and involve the right people and that community will multiply sales of your game. It needs to hit the ground running though - if online play thrives from day one then the game will continue to do well, IMO.

I agree with a hell of a lot of this. I myself also know a lot of people who simply don't obsess about sports games like I do, but are interested when talked to about it and if I've got it and am enjoying it I soon see them head off and buy it. My most recent example is Don Bradman Cricket. I have several friends who've brought it because they found out about it from me. These guys are pretty much weekend only, semi-casual kind of gamers, but love the sport, so tend to like to have a casual game or two.

I can't with any reasonable confidence say anything that would promote any feelings of hype or anticipation towards Rugby Challenge 3, as I don't know anything and what little I do know makes it look like a re-hash. It's like they don't want it to do well. It's probably Tru Blu's worst promoted game (when you consider the recent World Cup to get people talking about Rugby) that I can remember.

I'd love to be saying otherwise. I'm not trolling or hating on Wicked Witch or Tru Blu, but what are they doing themselves to promote their game? Does it have major problems as yet unseen (the first Rugby Challenge had a gradual player database corruption problem), that weren't on show in the recent player trials at Armageddon? Is it failing submission time and again? Whatever it is, it's not something they want their audience to have any inkling over and that can't be good.

Last edited:
Any more info on the release date (which was meant to come out in September) or a trailer/gameplay footage?

They missed their opportunity to release the game when the whole world was engaged in rugby. now it's cricket season in the southern hemisphere, it's not the right time to release it.

I can understand up north, it will sell but from our perspective they should hold off and perfect the game then release it around July 2016

They missed their opportunity to release the game when the whole world was engaged in rugby. now it's cricket season in the southern hemisphere, it's not the right time to release it.

I can understand up north, it will sell but from our perspective they should hold off and perfect the game then release it around July 2016

If they hold off until late Feb 2016. We have the Super Rugby starting and they have the 6 Nations, probably makes better sense later than now in any case. I hope they don't just sit on it because the discs are done or whatever.

If they hold off until late Feb 2016. We have the Super Rugby starting and they have the 6 Nations, probably makes better sense later than now in any case. I hope they don't just sit on it because the discs are done or whatever.

yup that would be perfect

Hi guys,

I am getting tired of hearing nothing about this game. I had RC1 and RC2 and enjoyed. I don't want a RC2.5. Is it worth rather getting Rugby League Live 3 on Xbox360? I am a Union guy and League is'nt big in South Africa, do you think I will enjoy RLL3? I like the way Big Ant goes out of their way engaging with clients. Any thoughts?

Cheers!

Hi guys,

I am getting tired of hearing nothing about this game. I had RC1 and RC2 and enjoyed. I don't want a RC2.5. Is it worth rather getting Rugby League Live 3 on Xbox360? I am a Union guy and League is'nt big in South Africa, do you think I will enjoy RLL3? I like the way Big Ant goes out of their way engaging with clients. Any thoughts?

Cheers!

I do think Rugby League Live 3 is a very good game, it has a few deficiencies and fairly minor bugs, but it plays quite well in general. If you do like some League and can afford to grab it, it'd be a good fun game to play, particularly against other friends.

Rugby Challenge 3 looks a bit like Rugby Challenge 2.5 in some ways and a proper Rugby Challenge 3 in others. The game-play features being implemented such as 7's mode, their Be-A-Pro and the Fan Hub all look like proper steps forward as far as features, so Rugby Challenge 3 in that way.

Game-play enhancements sound like they're more in the territory of "Rugby Challenge 2 - Remastered". Basically some minor alterations and bug fixes (hopefully heaps of those). It hasn't been exposed yet in public tests, whether or not forwards run more forward support channels and backs find their place in the back-line more often. I hope so. The big questions about game-play will be partly about what bugs, glitches etc, have crept back in and with them struggling to get it through the approvals process, one can only speculate that it has it's share (or more) still.

Graphically, it really does seem like just Rugby Challenge 2.5. It seems like HD has been added in, basic textural improvements and little else.

Overall, the hope is for a reasonably better Rugby Challenge 2, rather than a step backwards. We can hope, but in the absence of any comment at all from the developer and producer, we can only go on product confidence shown and if that was a guide, it will be terrible. Let's just hope it's not. Rugby Union fans have been treated dreadfully for too long as it is.

Thank you, C A Iversen. What you said about RC3 is exactly what I feel. In my eyes 7's and be a pro will make or break the game. If it is done well, it will be very enjoyable!
I think I will give RLL3 a go, let me just talk to my bank manager (wife).:D

Very sad day, I am extremely proud of this moment, just accidentally sharing a credit list with him. Saw him when the sevens tour hit our shores back in the day, legend.
2015-08-07_00001.jpg

Latest posts