• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Challenge 3 confirmed

To describe the public engagement regarding this game as awful would be a massive compliment to Wicked Witch and Tru Blu... it's frankly nothing short of ridiculous how poorly they've managed the advertising and information coming out about the game.

To be fair to Wicked Witch, it's not a developer's role to engage with the public.

We were quite fortunate with Sidhe that some of their staff took the time to do this (thankless a job though it was for them at times). The real culprit across all the games is the publisher - HES/Tru-Blu, who seem determined not to learn the lessons of the way they marketed(!?) the previous games.

My hope is that they have decided to delay any official date announcement until they are certain the game is bug free on all formats (remember the XBox 360 framerate issues when RC2 was released?). Either way, they should have ploughed enough resource to get this achieved before/during the RWC to maximise sales.

Last edited:
Some people saying 31st of October, would be very clever if true. People go out and buy the game and then install it/play it. Followed by an afternoon/evening of the RWC Final.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't like the England cover for obvious reasons :p

Really, why not? Robshaw (the captain) [FOR NOW], Joeseph (by far the best centre in the country) and Ford (was Fly-Half at the time)

Some people saying 31st of October, would be very clever if true. People go out and buy the game and then install it/play it. Followed by an afternoon/evening of the RWC Final.

- - - Updated - - -

Really, why not? Robshaw (the captain) [FOR NOW], Joeseph (by far the best centre in the country) and Ford (was Fly-Half at the time)

i will be buying this game for sure. Hopefully it will be sold on Steam.

that is really a shocking advertising campaign if true. as that leaves just over a week to actually promote the game is coming out. obviously us lot know cause we are eagerly awaiting but the game really needs to sell to casual sports gamers/rugby fans in order to be successfull

that is really a shocking advertising campaign if true. as that leaves just over a week to actually promote the game is coming out. obviously us lot know cause we are eagerly awaiting but the game really needs to sell to casual sports gamers/rugby fans in order to be successfull

I mentioned it down the rugby club and no one else knew it was coming out. That is shocking advertising, at least get a cheap Facebook post which people Alan post and share or something.

I mentioned it down the rugby club and no one else knew it was coming out. That is shocking advertising, at least get a cheap Facebook post which people Alan post and share or something.

exactly, even the official rugby challenge facebook page has only posted about it twice. once to announce back in april and another showing the covers. absolutely nothing since. its just bizzare, it doesnt cost anything to post to their own page

Hopefully the release date is the 31st so we don't have to wait too long after the WC for the game

I'd be surprised if the game released on a Saturday, although it's a good time to tie in with the World Cup final. I still don't mind waiting if it means we get a better game though.

I'd be surprised if the game released on a Saturday, although it's a good time to tie in with the World Cup final. I still don't mind waiting if it means we get a better game though.

pretty sure most games release on a tuesday, although im not sure if this applies to all games. might just be the main AAA games

I'd say Tru Blu's approach to marketing is shocking.

But shocked I most definitely am not.

why is it taking so long, ive resorted to buying rugby league live 3 for now to scratch the rugby gaming itch, its a really great game but im more of a union fan so im hoping RC3 comes out soon

They said SOON on the 8th of October! Come On WW or Tru Blu! WE WANT IT BY END OF NOV at most

I can only hope the delays are a result of improving the game even more. Then i don't mind the delay. But a release before new year would be nice.