• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Challenge 3 confirmed

Very disappointed actually, looks identical to Rugby Challenge 2 and even has the same awful scrum design. Please tell me the gameplay is dramatically different as I thought RC2 sucked

i quite enjoyed RC 2 with some tweaking. although the RWC2011 game was good (apart from graphics). love the different button options to pass to the forwards and backs

RC2 was easily the best rugby game I've played so definitely interested the new one. Even if it's the same engine it's still light years ahead of Rugby 15. It's not 100% there and probably never will be but after working with the sliders I was happy with the game and had a lot of play out of it. Let's hope they've taken some of the fan feedback on board and improved more than just the rosters - that will be the big difference and I hope the developers will be pretty forthcoming with new info.

RC2 was easily the best rugby game I've played so definitely interested the new one. Even if it's the same engine it's still light years ahead of Rugby 15. It's not 100% there and probably never will be but after working with the sliders I was happy with the game and had a lot of play out of it. Let's hope they've taken some of the fan feedback on board and improved more than just the rosters - that will be the big difference and I hope the developers will be pretty forthcoming with new info.

totally agree. the 'Be a pro' mode sounds like a great addition, although im wondering if this will mean that you only control that player during your games. as if not then you might as well be a back to score more tries etc. would be nice if the pro mode also takes into account scrummages/turnovers etc into account for your career progression depending on your position. and if you do not only control your player then the AI controlling your player could play terribly and your man doesn't progress at all.

Does all this Fan Hub stuff mean I won't have to edit all the player attributes as with the first RC?

This is going to be awesome i am sure !!! Cant wait

totally agree. the 'Be a pro' mode sounds like a great addition, although im wondering if this will mean that you only control that player during your games. as if not then you might as well be a back to score more tries etc. would be nice if the pro mode also takes into account scrummages/turnovers etc into account for your career progression depending on your position. and if you do not only control your player then the AI controlling your player could play terribly and your man doesn't progress at all.

Thats a really good point. Didnt think of that. Thought it would just be yourself...

I hope Sevens mode is not to easy, and well thought out.

Also Be a pro mode, this could go two ways. Either you control your whole team, but you progress your own player within that team or you play with AI and you control just you. But like AzaMatt said, it would be nice to play the set pieces, so that way you have 'control' whether you win or lose.
Hopefully if its just you, then you can control (once captain) line depth, defensive strategies and attacking pods and attacking lines etc, and have buttons to call for options, such as receive a pass, ask for a kick, etc. This way you can position yourself in the right areas and not just 'hope' it comes to you. There must be player progression in this, other wise people will just overpower their player to be 100 from the get go. It be nice to earn experience and then spend the points. Also it be nice to manage your player not just from game to game. E.g. Play a game, spend points, play another game. Be like Play a game, spend points, talk to your coach, talk to your manager, other players, talk to your agent, receive job offers, receive injuries, receive emails about how 'bad' you are doing and stepping up your game, being promoted from sub to starting 15, changing your position (especially if you choose something that you don't like and have to begin all over again). Thoughts...lots to think of.

honestly lets hope this is really good

Memories from Jonah Lomu rugby 2 still fresh in the mind and the dismal failure the game was and even worse when playing online

Very disappointed actually, looks identical to Rugby Challenge 2 and even has the same awful scrum design. Please tell me the gameplay is dramatically different as I thought RC2 sucked
probably because it is the same engine from what I read on another forum sidhe showed wicked witch to use the engine and presumably used rc2 is a base. Hopefullly wicked witch do add in some of their own touches though and it does feel different compared to rc2.

I hope Sevens mode is not to easy, and well thought out.

Also Be a pro mode, this could go two ways. Either you control your whole team, but you progress your own player within that team or you play with AI and you control just you. But like AzaMatt said, it would be nice to play the set pieces, so that way you have 'control' whether you win or lose.
Hopefully if its just you, then you can control (once captain) line depth, defensive strategies and attacking pods and attacking lines etc, and have buttons to call for options, such as receive a pass, ask for a kick, etc. This way you can position yourself in the right areas and not just 'hope' it comes to you. There must be player progression in this, other wise people will just overpower their player to be 100 from the get go. It be nice to earn experience and then spend the points. Also it be nice to manage your player not just from game to game. E.g. Play a game, spend points, play another game. Be like Play a game, spend points, talk to your coach, talk to your manager, other players, talk to your agent, receive job offers, receive injuries, receive emails about how 'bad' you are doing and stepping up your game, being promoted from sub to starting 15, changing your position (especially if you choose something that you don't like and have to begin all over again). Thoughts...lots to think of.

great points, would be awesome if it turns out something like you said. got a feeling it wont be that fleshed out though, but any progress is progress!

The most important thing for the Be a Pro mode is that the player grows, otherwise it'll be very boring. I wonder if you'll be able to do a sevens career/be a pro, or if you will be able to play for sevens team and 15s teams at different stages in your career.

i wonder if modded kits can be shared within the Fanhub. i hope so.

Be A Pro is like NBA2K's My Player, You control 1 player and gradually improve his attributes. How you do it, i have no clue. hoping they'll implement a grading system similar to NBA2k.

i wonder if modded kits can be shared within the Fanhub. i hope so.

Be A Pro is like NBA2K's My Player, You control 1 player and gradually improve his attributes. How you do it, i have no clue. hoping they'll implement a grading system similar to NBA2k.

That's gonna be hard with rugby though, even if your a back what happens if the AI forwards keep holding the ball haha. It will lead to people always becoming half backs as they are guaranteed to at least touch the ball lol

The most important thing for the Be a Pro mode is that the player grows, otherwise it'll be very boring. I wonder if you'll be able to do a sevens career/be a pro, or if you will be able to play for sevens team and 15s teams at different stages in your career.

"The new Be a Pro mode is another new addition and will allow players to join a club team as a rookie and play out a career over 13 seasons. Completing match goals will increase your player's skills and help you work your way towards becoming captain of your club and see you selected for international duty."

So no worries there. Also looks like content can be shared within fan hub so can just be a new team with correct kit etc.

"The new Be a Pro mode is another new addition and will allow players to join a club team as a rookie and play out a career over 13 seasons. Completing match goals will increase your player's skills and help you work your way towards becoming captain of your club and see you selected for international duty."

So no worries there. Also looks like content can be shared within fan hub so can just be a new team with correct kit etc.

I'm assuming those goals will be based on your players position so that's good, just waiting to hear if you can download fan hub creations onto consoles

Day 1 purchase for me. Hope they fixed the lack of penalties (holding on, not rolling away, hands in the ruck would all be good). Excited South African teams are finally licensed.

Latest posts