• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Challenge 3 confirmed

Same here, beggers can't be choosers. Not enough Rugby games as it is.

Same here, beggers can't be choosers. Not enough Rugby games as it is.

oh yea, im gonna buy it anyways but still seems incredibly lazy. i just hope there are some improvements to the gameplay that we havnt seen yet. seems odd that they would not include them in the trailer though

Overall I'm expecting a bit of a mixed bag from RC3 - but only from the 'out of the box' experience. On the plus side, there's 7s, the fleshed out career mode, etc. On the negative the core gameplay and graphics appear to be unchanged. Which isn't bad exactly but a bit of a shame/missed opportunity. And there seem to be considerably less licensed teams than before.

But the big, big plus is the editor - it sounds like we'll be able to edit the hell out of the game and share it between us. If everyone bands together then we're potentially gonna have the best rosters, tournaments and player counts of any rugby union game to date. And that's enough for me to get excited.

Kit Editor?

The RC3 Fan Hub has no kit editor. You would think if the game is going to have one they would have updated the Fan Hub. Unfortunately, I think that the RC3 Facebook page administrator has misspoken about a kit editor & confused it with choosing another existing kit.

The RC3 Fan Hub has no kit editor. You would think if the game is going to have one they would have updated the Fan Hub. Unfortunately, I think that the RC3 Facebook page administrator has misspoken about a kit editor & confused it with choosing another existing kit.

i agree, i think the administrator means you can change the kits to one of the 'custom kits' not create your own. although theydid state multiple times you can create and share you own kits ala the fan hub. if this isnt the case then someone should be posting again to clarify their mistake. although i doubt we'll hear much else if anything until release

Is this game not coming out on pc anymore? At the end of the trailer, the only platforms it shows are both gens of xbox and ps.

Is this game not coming out on pc anymore? At the end of the trailer, the only platforms it shows are both gens of xbox and ps.

On their Facebook page they have said its definitely coming out on PC but the release date is yet to be confirmed, so will likely be released a month later

There seem to be a lot more players with tattoos, however I hope we can edit current players, as Quade in the trailer still has his tiny 2009 tattoo. and not the full sleeve he has now.

It's a shame about the lack of kit editor but I can live with that I think. Rosters and likenesses are the main thing really.

It's a shame about the lack of kit editor but I can live with that I think. Rosters and likenesses are the main thing really.

I wouldn't be expecting much from likenesses except for players who had the face scans in the previous games. From the little we have seen of the new teams they don't look too accurate. If anyone has any information to the contrary though I would be very happy.

i just cant help but feel disappointed, yes rugby challenge was playable but after being spoilt by rugby league live 3's gameplay i dont think i could get into rugby challenge 3 if the gameplay has not changed that much. the open play and passing in RLL3 is excellent in my opinion. players run great support lines etc, you cant pass more than 3 players width where as in rugby challenege i seem to be able to pass 3 quarters of the width of the pitch. i tried playing it again the other day and couldnt finish a game. it just doesnt feel like rugby should. RLL3 has set the bar so high in terms of rugby games. yes i know its league not union but i cant imagine it would be a massive stretch to add rucks mauls and lineouts, especially if the ruck animation is just the standard 3 players in as it is in rugby challenge 3. hopefully in the future big ant consider getting in on the union scene! im sure fans of rugby league would pick it up knowing it was made by them. i dont even follow league but i bought RLL3 as i heard how great it was, and i was not disappointed.

i just cant help but feel disappointed, yes rugby challenge was playable but after being spoilt by rugby league live 3's gameplay i dont think i could get into rugby challenge 3 if the gameplay has not changed that much. the open play and passing in RLL3 is excellent in my opinion. players run great support lines etc, you cant pass more than 3 players width where as in rugby challenege i seem to be able to pass 3 quarters of the width of the pitch. i tried playing it again the other day and couldnt finish a game. it just doesnt feel like rugby should. RLL3 has set the bar so high in terms of rugby games. yes i know its league not union but i cant imagine it would be a massive stretch to add rucks mauls and lineouts, especially if the ruck animation is just the standard 3 players in as it is in rugby challenge 3. hopefully in the future big ant consider getting in on the union scene! im sure fans of rugby league would pick it up knowing it was made by them. i dont even follow league but i bought RLL3 as i heard how great it was, and i was not disappointed.

I'm not sure where I read this, but I did see that they were interested in it. But apparently they wanted to redo the engine and use their Rugby League engine whereas Tru Blu wanted them to use the engine created by Sidhe and that cost the deal. I don't know if @BigAntStudios can confirm or deny any of this but I apologise if the rumour is wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure where I read this, but I did see that they were interested in it. But apparently they wanted to redo the engine and use their Rugby League engine whereas Tru Blu wanted them to use the engine created by Sidhe and that cost the deal. I don't know if @BigAntStudios can confirm or deny any of this but I apologise if the rumour is wrong.
That would have been my dream scenario, RLL3 is amazing! I have virtually no interest in League but this game is so fun to play.

Last edited:

if they had to use someone elses engine then that would defeat the point. hopefully they'll bring out their own union series to compete with rugby challenge, as no doubt rugby 15 will die out. they are bound to make one more awful game though as they have the licences to pretty much all the northern hemisphere, if they didnt then rugby challenge could have had them all!

- - - Updated - - -

That would have been my dream scenario, RLL3 is amazing! I have virtually no interest in League but this game is so fun to play.

agreed man, the different tackle options/animations and the option to flat pass is amazing

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! I've just seen Scottish Cannon's gameplay on YouTube and I think the game's looking great... especially the passing! The draw and pass for the last try gives me hope that this game could be the goods...

Wow! I've just seen Scottish Cannon's gameplay on YouTube and I think the game's looking great... especially the passing! The draw and pass for the last try gives me hope that this game could be the goods...

Just watched it. God I hate that guy's voice...

Anyway, gameplay literally looks exactly the same as Rugby Challenge 2. Really hard to work out what - if anything - has changed.

Just watched it. God I hate that guy's voice...

Anyway, gameplay literally looks exactly the same as Rugby Challenge 2. Really hard to work out what - if anything - has changed.

i agree, all the comments on his youtube videos people are saying its great they have ironed out the glitches have left me confused, i cannot spot anything that has changed. thats not me being pessimistic, i genuinely cannot see what has changed. 3 minutes in there was even a pass from the touchline across to the other side of the field. looked god awful.

i agree, all the comments on his youtube videos people are saying its great they have ironed out the glitches have left me confused, i cannot spot anything that has changed. thats not me being pessimistic, i genuinely cannot see what has changed. 3 minutes in there was even a pass from the touchline across to the other side of the field. looked god awful.

Ironed out all the bugs ay...2:49 in, he passes from a ruck to the flyhalf and kicks it... Only it isn't the flyhalf or even a back, it's Brodie Retallick. Then at 3:10 there are two passes that go across the entire field from Australia, one from a contact position. This is the exact same gameplay as rugby challenge 1. The only difference I can see in the game is the dividers that come on screen that say Rugby Challenge 3 on them.

This is really sad to see. I don't think they did anything to the gameplay as they have claimed. All that guy could say was that if you try to offload all the time you get punished, but wasn't that fixed in the previous game by adding sliders? So basically they got the preset sliders right in this version and published a new game?

Edit: I see they finally updated the kicking mini game from Rugby Challenge 1 though, which is one good thing.

Last edited:
Y'know, I was really excited for the fanhub thing but now I think about the insane amount of recreation that's gonna have to be done...damn. Maybe I should get started making the Blues and Wales now and download them on release day...

Y'know, I was really excited for the fanhub thing but now I think about the insane amount of recreation that's gonna have to be done...damn. Maybe I should get started making the Blues and Wales now and download them on release day...

theres a couple of wales created teams already mate, they are pretty accurate too. i couldnt find any of our regions on there though. what i dont understand is people making aviva prem sides? i know line ups have changed slightly but it seems odd that people would want to create teams from scratch that are already licenced as when they have the game they would just need to transfer a couple of players from other teams to their team and it would be complete

Latest posts