• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RUGBY 24 announced...

Disagree, this is 2024 I expect good gameplay, teams and licenses.
Being realistic, the manpower and timing isn't enough for a developer, even one passionate about the project. A FanHub could be made separately to download and add in licenses etc.

The other thing is I don't have the desire to play as any active pro rugby player as I'm an older and more or a washed out pessimist now. I hope this would sell well to a 8-18 younger demographic though, much like how I enjoyed Rugby 08 at that age.

I would definitely be interesting in using teams and rosters from years prior. I'd even be interested in a 2000s EA Sports BIG approach to what they did with e.g. the SSX franchise and add gimmicks to created players, which could be based on actual stars of the game to an extent, both current (Ardie, PsdT, Kolbe, Jordan etc.) and retired (Wilko, DC, McCaw, George Smith, Rokocoko, Caucau etc.). This would work as a separate IP though IMO.

This prioritising of 130 or so teams is seems odd as there are lots of tiers of teams in rugby e.g. a Shanghai expatriate team would be better than a team of normal rugby fans that just watch the game if the latter groups laced on boots, but then the former would be no where near as good as a Major League Rugby team, and then that Major League Rugby team would be no way near as good as a Super Rugby or URC team. This will be difficult to implement in the game, if realism (to an extent) is what they're going for. Not to mention, adding all those kits and face IDs would be time-consuming and actually something that could be done post release as e.g. DLC.

Anyway, I'm aware these are my particular opinions. I base it on games I've thoroughly enjoyed in the past like SSX 3, Super Mario Strikers, even Star Wars Battlefront II 2005(!), and most pertinent to my points above, PES games which had fluidity in gameplay and collision mechanics, as well as uniqueness in customising players, even providing multiple running styles of players in-game for the player to choose in the editor.

Hopefully there is a proper career mode where you can build your team and sign players instead of the glorified rip off of ultimate team that they had as a "career mode" in Rugby 20.

Hopefully there is a proper career mode where you can build your team and sign players instead of the glorified rip off of ultimate team that they had as a "career mode" in Rugby 20.
Crucially, unlike RC4, there needs to be some element of player growth/decline to. That game would have had far more longevity with it

I do not have big expections foe rugby 2024 but till the hope to be plesantly surprised.
However it remain only 11 days to start the Early access in march as announced.
Il wondering if they are least able to reach this milestone....

They will either announce early access release sometime next week or another delay. I would say with so little news yet it will most likely be another delay announcement. It would also be another big sales window missed with the six nations just ending releasing this month would have been a good way to get some extra sales from people looking for a rugby game to play.

Seems that its been delayed again as the week is closing up. Was expecting it to release post steam sale. But nothing, not even loaded onto steamdb yet.

Early access launch has been delayed to an unannounced date. It sounds like it could be a good few months away yet as they say they are going to show screenshots and videos of progress they have made over the coming weeks.

GJxatucWsAIZbqj.jpg

Worst launch of a game ever. They are almost doing everything to try and get people not to be interested or pre order this game. Such a shame.

Maybe this is the worst launch of a game but I think they are reviewing some details of the game to improve them.
I hope that the runs and passes will be fluid like in rugby league XIII and that in the rucks there will be an improvement.

"et malgré tous nos efforts pour capturer la photogrammétrie pour le plus grand nombre d'équipes professionnelles possible "→again the same reason for not having captured enough team photogrammetry, he could at least change his reason, he really doesn't care about people, it mainly means that they haven't worked on the game and the players are waiting for At this time, even no release date in early access, it's desperate, I really hope that the game will be worth the wait and that it won't be crap

Do you think that this GAME will still feature the rugby world cup 2023???? i mean they have paid for that license , but a year later!!! will be like a mmmm..........

Do you think that this GAME will still feature the rugby world cup 2023???? i mean they have paid for that license , but a year later!!! will be like a mmmm..........
Oh course but I wonder if they've have the next world cups licensed properly in the career mode.

This game need to start some proper marketing though and get their act together in terms of a release date. Such a shambles so far.

yeah they paid for licensing for the world cup so I assume they would still have it in the game even if by the time the game comes out it's a year later.
I hope this game does have a reasonable career mode has there hasn't been a really good in a rugby game for a long time

On a separate but telling note, BAs game AFL23 was released as an absolute mess last year and they are still releasing patches for it. A lot of the ongoing complaints are related to gameplay which seems to be something that BA should have a pretty good handle on since they have released AFL ***les in the past.

I wonder if they made far too many promises on a game that they just can't deliver. It was like they want to have FIFA/EA license numbers with a well, Big Ant budget. I think that they would have been best suited by doing generic teams for most leagues and letting the community create them, like in Ashes Cricket or Cricket 22.

I for one, don't hold out much hope.

Saw the CEO of BigAnt posted in their forum last week. Apparently there is a heavy focus on doing the scanning of the URC and Premiership to get as many internationals as they can before the Early Access goes live. Seem to want two full leagues and six licensed internationals before early access.

Specifically flagging that it has been much more of a challenge in rugby getting player scans vs other sports. Apparently they scanned Aus and NZ 18 months ago after Bledisloe, but other teams stalled them and thus the older teams went out of date, needing rescanning. He said England has been good as a union and get the idea, but said a lot of other unions have been difficult and didn't allow scanning at different times. Given France and the Top 14 weren't mentioned for prioritization, I'm guessing they must've been one of the more difficult ones.

Right now they are on a month long tour to get scanning done, with a photo posted from the Dragons.