• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby '15 announced

How is it misleading, for Xbox 360 games ... PAL games are able to be played on PAL consoles e.g. Europe

It doesn't say France is PAL, unless it's that tiny dot, and it implies there is no difference between America and Japan. Are we even disagreeing? Why did I come back here?

Edit: Well, there we go, that's cleared up.

Lionmaull is one of the better rugby gamers out there, I have yet to see your input/contribution to the game setup RugbyGamer01. Based on RC2 and the additional options the rucking system added to the game, I feel, Lionmaull has a valid point about the 3 players in the ruck. It just takes away an additional strategy option - as you have duly noted.

Thanks, I can see why some may get annoyed , I have mentioned it about 1000 times:). But , you got to understand this goes way back to RWC 2011. I discussed this with the creator/producers( HB )back then on the Rugby Forums and they mentioned they wanted to add this feature (variables of adding and removing players from the ruck), but didn't get a chance to and would like to implement in possible future rendition. Had more people spoken up, maybe it would be a realty in this game. I actually was one of the first to praise HB for adding the rucking strategies in RWC 2011, we had a lot of dialect with HB on the use and functions of these strategies(even though many people did not bother to use them) , Still looking forward to the game. This is what the forum is for, to see how we can improve our Rugby gaming:).

Cheers and Salud

Oh yeah, you were all talking about a game, weren't you? :p

The abundant use of the right stick will probably stop me from trying this, however enticing different weather and wind conditions that have never been in a sports game game before may be. To continue this trend of innovative features, HB should make a platformer game where the character can jump.

(Nothing personal HB devs, I'm sure you didn't write the website.)

Rugbygamer01 "
but i do get what you are saying lionmaull, if they can do an option for adding in players for muals way not implement a button to adding and releasing players from rucks, but we must 1st get use to this new ruck system too
it is already hard enough knowing u won't secure the ball all the time cause of the "sweet spot"
but yeah i think it might be implemented later on too
biggrin.gif
"

Reply to Rugbygamer01:
I imagine, there must be a "quick sweet" spot particularly on offense were you do have an advantage in the ruck , where you would release the ball quickly, or on defense to pilfer when you isolate someone. (Although, how quick could it be if there must be three players in the ruck:p)? Just joking now, but yea looking forward to analyzing the ins and outs of the new rucking system. There could be some good things there:).

Cheers and Salud

Last edited:
Better rucks and mauls mechanics = better gameplay experience.....I'm getting tired of playing rugby games where winning the ball at rucks or mauls is just random, then only to whack the ball out wide to the speedsters to run in try after try. Give us a game with decent forwards play.

may sound stupid but how hard would it have been for sidhe to partner up with hb and just have made one DECENT game? or why was no rugby challenge 3 made?
WHY couldn't it have just been pitched to the IRB- do they not understand that its a way to increase awareness, participation, revenue e.t.c.

and if this game is about gameplay, there should be online! its 2014 people!!! (or should I say 2015)

its unacceptable to simply say it'll HOPEFULLY be better next time around, we should be demanding it!

EA could have simply run a poll if they should make a rugby game for 2015 via facebook + twitter and I bet they would have got a good enough response!

one last thing, SAM BURGESS better be in rugby 15.

rant over

Lionmaull is one of the better rugby gamers out there, I have yet to see your input/contribution to the game setup RugbyGamer01. Based on RC2 and the additional options the rucking system added to the game, I feel, Lionmaull has a valid point about the 3 players in the ruck. It just takes away an additional strategy option - as you have duly noted.
read my 2nd paragraph :/

may sound stupid but how hard would it have been for sidhe to partner up with hb and just have made one DECENT game? or why was no rugby challenge 3 made?
WHY couldn't it have just been pitched to the IRB- do they not understand that its a way to increase awareness, participation, revenue e.t.c.

and if this game is about gameplay, there should be online! its 2014 people!!! (or should I say 2015)

its unacceptable to simply say it'll HOPEFULLY be better next time around, we should be demanding it!

EA could have simply run a poll if they should make a rugby game for 2015 via facebook + twitter and I bet they would have got a good enough response!

one last thing, SAM BURGESS better be in rugby 15.

rant over
i agree with the SAM BURGESS part :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if there will be regular updates for players coming And going e.g Sam burgess especially now as dan lydiate might be heading back to welsh rugby.

I wonder if there will be regular updates for players coming And going e.g Sam burgess especially now as dan lydiate might be heading back to welsh rugby.

There may not be transfer restrictions so we could do it ourselves. I wonder if part of the "exclusive rights" to the Top14 and ProD2 include no restrictions?

Cos they wouldn't make enough money to justify it. Sidhe already pulled out of making RC3 because they make more money with apps etc these days, though someone else may be making RC3

I'm not sure about this, but I wouldn't be surprised if the key decision-makers around this stuff in the IRB are just a few old guys that don't understand how much they stand to benefit from these games.

There's no hope in hell of EA ever making a rugby game. They didn't even make Rugby 06/08 etc, that was all done by HB as well, just distributed by EA. In the end EA pulled out of it because they weren't making enough cash, plus it was only ever supposed to be an exercise to increase EA's brand image in Australasia.

Latest posts