• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby '15 announced

I reckon Rugby 15 will definitely be worth the money no matter what we have to pay. I reckon and I am hoping that it is going to be 10 times better than the Rugby Challenge series, the rugby challenge games were so buggy and glitchy that it was no longer a true reflection of rugby. I'm hoping that this is the rugby game that we have always wanted, I absolutely loved Rugby 08 and RWC 2011, and with the improved graphics, gameplay and controls, Rugby 15 will truly be the game we've been asking and waiting for since Rugby 08, the future is definitely looking bright for rugby games!

I hate to be a pessimist yet again (honestly most of the time I'm a very positive person!), but there is no chance in hell that this game is going to be significantly better than RC2. Bugged it may well have been but with some modding and adjusting of the settings it's pretty much the best we've got right now. Although if you loved RWC11 then I'm sure you'll be perfectly happy - but that game was terrible and 90% of people would probably agree with that.

I'm expecting it to be better than RWC11, definitely. But unless it plays like a dream then asking £55-60 for the PS4/Xbox One versions is bordering on insulting - especially factoring in the lack of carrier and online modes. And if RC2 and RWC11 are anything to go by - it'll be at least a year before that figure drops, if ever. Not good. This game needs to be competitive if it's going to gain fans.

I agree. I ordered FIFA 15 ps4 for £40 pre order and can get cod the same. I usually buy the rugby games out if principle. Although I rented rwc11 and decided I didn't like it. But with no online or career mode not going to have the longevity to be worth the asking price.

My only hope is that in the tournament modes they have player form and injuries.

So no full on career mode but at least something that is fun for more than 10 games!

I reckon Rugby 15 will definitely be worth the money no matter what we have to pay. I reckon and I am hoping that it is going to be 10 times better than the Rugby Challenge series, the rugby challenge games were so buggy and glitchy that it was no longer a true reflection of rugby. I'm hoping that this is the rugby game that we have always wanted, I absolutely loved Rugby 08 and RWC 2011, and with the improved graphics, gameplay and controls, Rugby 15 will truly be the game we've been asking and waiting for since Rugby 08, the future is definitely looking bright for rugby games!

"Rugby game we always wanted", with three players in the ruck every time? I don't think so. Could there be some nice additions of certain features?, and could it be an enjoyable game?, yes, this is possible. But "rugby game we always wanted", I think not. Not yet anyhow. I will be purchasing it , to support Rugby gaming. But I think we will still have a long way to go. Just curious, I know RC2 has its share of bugs, but nothing to make it unplayable. Have you played it with the patch? Very different game after the patch, I have posted some sliders , and if you use these sliders and some of the mods they have for the pc and ps3. There is no game that comes as close to a Rugby Simulation as RC2 . The game changes immensely as you change the sliders, you can really play the game to your custom liking, as arcadey as you want it as close to a sim that you want it.

Cheers and Salud

Last edited:
No rugby at Armageddon?

Here's the list from Stuff:

http://i.stuff.co.nz/technology/games/62556272/Armageddon-games-list-confirmed

Games playable at the show include:

Assassin's Creed Rogue
Assassin's Creed Unity
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
The Crew
Disney Infinity 2.0
Driveclub
Dying Light
Far Cry 4
Forza Horizon 2
Halo: The Master Chief Collection
Mortal Kombat X
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
LittleBigPlanet 3
The Order: 1886
Singstar Ultimate Party
Skylanders Trap Team
Sunset Overdrive
The following will also be at Armageddon, albeit in non-playable form:

Dragon Age: Inquisition (presentation scheduled for Monday, October 27th, at 3pm)
Tom Clancy's The Division

No rugby at Armageddon?

Here's the list from Stuff:

http://i.stuff.co.nz/technology/games/62556272/Armageddon-games-list-confirmed

Games playable at the show include:

Assassin's Creed Rogue
Assassin's Creed Unity
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
The Crew
Disney Infinity 2.0
Driveclub
Dying Light
Far Cry 4
Forza Horizon 2
Halo: The Master Chief Collection
Mortal Kombat X
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
LittleBigPlanet 3
The Order: 1886
Singstar Ultimate Party
Skylanders Trap Team
Sunset Overdrive
The following will also be at Armageddon, albeit in non-playable form:

Dragon Age: Inquisition (presentation scheduled for Monday, October 27th, at 3pm)
Tom Clancy's The Division

The distributors have definitely stated that it will be available to play at Armageddon.

here has anyone seen the rugby 15 wikipedia page ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_15

if no-one posted this then i'll just add in what it says on the team/stadiums section.

'The game will feature licences for all clubs in the Top 14, Pro D2, Aviva Premiership and Pro12 and most likely the home stadiums for these clubs; with further licences expected to be announced, including the Six Nations teams as these were licensed in HB Studios' previous rugby union games. Negotiations are still going on to obtain the licences of some teams, with the Super Rugby and Rugby Championship set to be licensed in the game.'

it could have been fake or just out-dated it said the page was last updated on the 18 October 2014 at 01:37 but who knows.

EDIT and in TheScottishCannon last interview, the guy said that the new zealand team look fully licensed as the players had they're real names like Dan Carter will actually be Dan Carter for example. So for southern hemisphere fans the rugby championship might be licensed but isn't the Super going to be a different tournament soon ? because an Argentinian team wanted to compete in it and it will have the Southern Kings back in it and another SA team and a Japanese or Singapore team included in it ? idk a sh rugby fan will need to confirm it with me

Last edited:
Take anything on Wikipedia with a dump truck full of salt, anyone can alter it, so just wait for info from the official sources.

Lol no offence but you must be another one of these blokes that has played RC2 for all of about 5 minutes before passing judgement in regards to the bugs etc. Play it heaps, learn all the tactics and tricks and how they affect the way the game plays, try the different sliders etc and you will realise this is the closest true reflection of rugby we have.

Agree with HemiBro , spent Sunday with Lionmauls sliders and tips on rucking and pods and really enjoyed a decent sim , RC2 is better the more you time you spend tweaking , but maybe that is not for everyone...

"Rugby game we always wanted", with three players in the ruck every time? I don't think so. Could there be some nice additions of certain features?, and could it be an enjoyable game?, yes, this is possible. But "rugby game we always wanted", I think not. Not yet anyhow. I will be purchasing it , to support Rugby gaming. But I think we will still have a long way to go. Just curious, I know RC2 has its share of bugs, but nothing to make it unplayable. Have you played it with the patch? Very different game after the patch, I have posted some sliders , and if you use these sliders and some of the mods they have for the pc and ps3. There is no game that comes as close to a Rugby Simulation as RC2 . The game changes immensely as you change the sliders, you can really play the game to your custom liking, as arcadey as you want it as close to a sim that you want it.

Cheers and Salud

Any chance you could link me to your post with the sliders? Been messing about with them over the last few days and have been struggling to nail down a good balance. Cheers in advance!

Rc2 is far and away the best rugby game ever made. Contesting tackles, adding & removing players from ruck, quick lineouts, choosing number of players, etc .With lionmauls slider suggestions & once you remove the player restrictions, it's fun. Perfect sim? No. While sidhe is out of the console game biz, I wish they would let someone finish their excellent basis for a rugby game and make rc3.

Any chance you could link me to your post with the sliders? Been messing about with them over the last few days and have been struggling to nail down a good balance. Cheers in advance!

I am not giving this information to lure everyone away from Rugby 2015. I believe every rugby gamer , should buy every possible version they can afford to help support the cause, its the only way Rugby gaming will continue to prosper/improve. As much as I would love an RC3, Mario, head of Sidhe, has already made it clear they will not be involved in another console rugby game. So we do have to get behind this other project, but at the same time we have to voice our opinions of what we don't like so far. For me, I am very big into rucks, and I believe this is the hardest part of the game to emulate, Sidhe rucking system my have some rough edges, but with some ironing out of those rough edges and adding a few more features this could of been an almost perfect system on the most difficult aspect of the game to emulate. Now, in saying this, Rugby 2015 may very well do other things better . For example, I always thought RC2 needed more user controlled offensive moves, they have dummy, fend, and sidestep. From what I see Rugby 2015 may have more offensive user controlled moves. I just don't know why Rugby game creaters, don't do the same as Fifa and Pro Evolution did, which is "barrow" each others best feature, back and forth. This is how you end up with an excellent product. Mojopin will send you the link.

Cheers and Salud

Take anything on Wikipedia with a dump truck full of salt, anyone can alter it, so just wait for info from the official sources.
did you read anything there apart from the wikipedia link ? i said it could be fake,

I was agreeing with you, no need to flip out.
Welcome to the Gaming Section, the cesspit of TRF, where those of differing viewpoints can get ****ed, eat ****, and die.
OT; there's really not likely to be anymore licenses at this stage. Announcing them this late would be downright neglegent.

They really need to stop releasing screenshots, they'll be losing potential customers each time, with how God awful they look.

Latest posts