• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby '15 announced

stop complaining! that is all u do. Everyone on this forum is getting annoyed by u! Hardly a dumb question. U are a simpleton.

The problem is the interviewer set himself up for criticism, I thank him for the interview, but why ask people on this forum to post questions for the interview and then not ask the questions? It wasn't like there was 100 questions coming from the forum. I am glad we have the Scottish cannon trying to get info for us but it almost seems like HB/Bigben restricted his questions. And the problem is, it seems like were constantly being let down by HB since Rugby 2008. Why not take the good points from previous rugby games(as few as they may be) and apply them to the new games. Rucking had almost been perfected in RC2 with the correct sliders, polish that system up and they would had an excellent rucking mechanism. (How does the saying go "Copying is the best form of flattery" ask Pro Revolution and Fifa:). If they would of used a similar rucking system and added individual stats/rating for rucking, individual stats/ratings for pilfering and holding on to ball, and more penalties in the ruck, they would had a great system. Because the ruck is the hardest part of a Rugby to simulate. Instead it seems we are getting a three man animation every time in the ruck. Very frustrating because this was something discussed many times on RWC 2011 forums, and it was always the same excuse , "they are wanting to improve every release" when instead with a few things it seems they have gone backwards. (In Rugby 2006/2008 you could control amount of players in the ruck). If were to ever see a RC3, I believe it would wipe the floor with Rugby 2015 from what I have seen so far, hopefully I will proven wrong. Because I will still buy this game because I am sucker for Rugby games:).

Cheers and Salud

The problem is the interviewer set himself up for criticism, I thank him for the interview, but why ask people on this forum to post questions for the interview and then not ask the questions? It wasn't like there was 100 questions coming from the forum. I am glad we have the Scottish cannon trying to get info for us but it almost seems like HB/Bigben restricted his questions. And the problem is, it seems like were constantly being let down by HB since Rugby 2008. Why not take the good points from previous rugby games(as few as they may be) and apply them to the new games. Rucking had almost been perfected in RC2 with the correct sliders, polish that system up and they would had an excellent rucking mechanism. (How does the saying go "Copying is the best form of flattery" ask Pro Revolution and Fifa:). If they would of used a similar rucking system and added individual stats/rating for rucking, individual stats/ratings for pilfering and holding on to ball, and more penalties in the ruck, they would had a great system. Because the ruck is the hardest part of a Rugby to simulate. Instead it seems we are getting a three man animation every time in the ruck. Very frustrating because this was something discussed many times on RWC 2011 forums, and it was always the same excuse , "they are wanting to improve every release" when instead with a few things it seems they have gone backwards. (In Rugby 2006/2008 you could control amount of players in the ruck). If were to ever see a RC3, I believe it would wipe the floor with Rugby 2015 from what I have seen so far, hopefully I will proven wrong. Because I will still buy this game because I am sucker for Rugby games:).

Cheers and Salud

In terms of the restricted questions - I guarantee that is exactly what happened. It is extremely rare for interviews with companies to not be very carefully screened before and after. Knowing that the conversation was being recorded rather than re-written I would have expected HB/BB to have given ScottishCannon a very specific brief beforehand - maybe even asked for a copy of all the questions. I've lost count of the amount of times I've had to withdraw questions from features and game companies are especially notorious for this. When you're a huge media name you can get away with this but for everyone else struggling to get good content it's simply a case of making the best of what you can get. Not SC's fault at all and any anger towards him is misdirected at best and flat out petulant at worst. Very grateful we got the interview at all!

But all this doesn't excuse HB/BB of poor PR/comms work. It's clear that some topics were avoided because they will inevitably be picked upon as significant flaws of Rugby 15. Hoping I'm proved wrong when the final game is in our hands but that's how it looks at the moment!

In terms of the restricted questions - I guarantee that is exactly what happened. It is extremely rare for interviews with companies to not be very carefully screened before and after. Knowing that the conversation was being recorded rather than re-written I would have expected HB/BB to have given ScottishCannon a very specific brief beforehand - maybe even asked for a copy of all the questions. I've lost count of the amount of times I've had to withdraw questions from features and game companies are especially notorious for this. When you're a huge media name you can get away with this but for everyone else struggling to get good content it's simply a case of making the best of what you can get. Not SC's fault at all and any anger towards him is misdirected at best and flat out petulant at worst. Very grateful we got the interview at all!

But all this doesn't excuse HB/BB of poor PR/comms work. It's clear that some topics were avoided because they will inevitably be picked upon as significant flaws of Rugby 15. Hoping I'm proved wrong when the final game is in our hands but that's how it looks at the moment!

Yea, it certainly felt that why. Well then, I guess he gets the benefit of the doubt:)

Cheers and Salud

Let me just paint you guys a picture! I got confirmed the interview in late September and then was organised to be undertaken about a week and a half later. So Once it was finally confirmed I made a video about it as my subscribers for questions, I probably got about 50 different ones, I also took the opportunity for people on the rugby 15 Facebook page and obviously here on TheRUgbyForum to give me questions, The day of the interview I read and looked at all the questions I got given and prioritised the most important ones! So I had a list of about 25 questions ready, however I only had him for 20 minutes and the restrictions had to do about licensing, release dates and things that were to be announced prior to the game coming out! Pete took a long time to answer some questions but the one about gameplay was necessary as we all got a large insight into the game, however if I had my time again I would have taken some questions out especially near the beginning like the unity engine honestly who cares lol! But summing up it was my first interview and I actually very nervous beforehand. Next Time I will be a bit better and sorry for not getting round to all the questions

I'm assuming, especially going by previous tweets from the official account, we'll also be seeing an as-yet-unshown UK cover. However, it looks like all the cover stars will be from French sides, so expect two of Flood, Halfpenny and Sexton alongside Richie Gray.

Let me just paint you guys a picture! I got confirmed the interview in late September and then was organised to be undertaken about a week and a half later. So Once it was finally confirmed I made a video about it as my subscribers for questions, I probably got about 50 different ones, I also took the opportunity for people on the rugby 15 Facebook page and obviously here on TheRUgbyForum to give me questions, The day of the interview I read and looked at all the questions I got given and prioritised the most important ones! So I had a list of about 25 questions ready, however I only had him for 20 minutes and the restrictions had to do about licensing, release dates and things that were to be announced prior to the game coming out! Pete took a long time to answer some questions but the one about gameplay was necessary as we all got a large insight into the game, however if I had my time again I would have taken some questions out especially near the beginning like the unity engine honestly who cares lol! But summing up it was my first interview and I actually very nervous beforehand. Next Time I will be a bit better and sorry for not getting round to all the questions
please do i'd love to see your art skills :)

I'd imagine that's the Kiwi name for Pro Rugby Manager 2014/15, which is getting a mixed reaction elsewhere on the forum.

Latest posts