• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 - Roster Editor Spreadsheet **Updated

ama1

Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
New Zealand
As requested a while back, (Sorry I have been real busy)

I have added new functionality to the Rugby 08 Roster Editing Spreadsheet.

You can now edit player names, positions, height, weight, age in the workbook named 'Name Conversion'

The spreadsheet will auto generate hex values in the 'Name to Hex' spreadsheet. You will need to ensure any cells containing #VALUE! (Displayed as #####) are changed to 00 (sorry haven't figured an easier way to do this yet)

Once you are happy, copy and paste the hex values generated in the Name to Hex spreadsheet into the Hex workbook and continue.

Give this a try, any issues - let me know

Sorry I have just edited the download and added a team lineup editor.
The easy part...

To swap players, go to the Lineups DEC workbook and add the 2 byte Player ID's into the relevant position on the worksheet.
The Lineups HEX workbook will convert the data to hex.
Copy and paste to overwrite rows 1 - 149 of the 'hex' or 'New Ros' workbook

To explain how the team lineups are structured in the roster....

Open the 'Edit' workbook

I am going to edit the team lineup for Argentina as an example.

The team lineups are the top part of the roster (Rows 1 - 149)
The player data is the bottom part (Rows 150 downward)

Referring to the team lineups;
*There are 104 bytes allocated to each team.
*Each player ID (Cells A & B in the Name Conversion workbook) consists of 2 bytes.
*There are 30 players in each team, so all up 60 bytes for the team lineup. BYTES 1 - 60 AG2 - CN2

The first player in the team (Jersey 1 - Loosehead Prop) F.Gigena who's id in the Name Conversion spreadsheet is 159 093
If we start from cell AG2 (which displays 159) then cell AH2 (which displays 093)

Next is the hooker - which is 131 073 J.Montoya
and so on....

After the 30th player in the team is the team id (in this case 001 for Argentina - which is Team id 1) BYTE 61 CO2
* I have highlighted this in gold with white text to make it easy to find

3 bytes NULL (000) BYTES 62-64 CP2 - CR2

Next is Team Captain (2 bytes) BYTES 65-66 CS2 - CT2
In Argentina's case it is 131 073 which is the player ID for J.Montoya

Vice Captain player ID (2 Bytes) BYTES 67-68 CU2 - CV2
Long GK player ID (2 Bytes) BYTES 69-70 A3 - B3
Short GK player ID (2 Bytes) BYTES 71-72 C3 - D3
Long P player ID (2 Bytes) BYTES 73-74 E3 - F3
Short P player ID (2 Bytes) BYTES 75-76 G3 - H3
Kick Off T player ID (2 bytes) BYTES 77-78 I3 - J3

Attacking (1 Byte) BYTE 79 K3
Defending (1 Byte) BYTE 80 L3
Scrums (1 Byte) BYTE 81 M3
Lineouts (1 Byte) BYTE 82 N3
Rucks (1 Byte) BYTE 83 O3
Kicking (1 Byte) BYTE 84 P3
Technique (1 Byte) BYTE 85 Q3
Stamina (1 Byte) BYTE 86 R3
Flair (1 Byte) BYTE 87 S3
Overall (1 Byte) BYTE 88 T3

Next 3 Bytes (I can't remember)
BYTES 89 - 91 U3 - W3

Team Performance Rating (1 Byte) BYTE 92 X3

Set Plays (4 Bytes) BYTES 93 - 96 Y3 - AB3

Stadium (1 Byte) BYTE 97 AC3

Next 7 Bytes (Null 000) BYTES 98 - 104 AD3 - AJ3

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    46.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Hey @ama1

Hope you doing good.

For your ratings, do you use any sources? Especially for players you don't know.

Do you average all players stats and just make amendments to the stars of the game? By average I mean you would have a rating between 75-80 for all players and adjust the stats for the stars of the game to lets say 85-90?

Yes, I use averages for all player stats for all players by position and adjust them.

Some stats I use calculations to be there or there abouts for every player.

I rely on calculating stats such as mass from known values (i.e; Mass = height+weight)
i.e; Lineout = sort according to highest height values.

or

BMI (weight(kgs)/(height(cm)^2*10000)
High BMI = greater strength / lower = greater speed

then using 'SORT' to rank according to mass or BMI

or 'AVERAGE' to find the average between certain values and re-sorting.
i.e; =AVERAGE(BMI/Mass). Lowest = highest acceleration.

Once I have a baseline, I adjust accordingly.

Hey @ama1 I downloaded the editor from the link in the first post, but I seem to not have the Lineups DEC/Hex Workbook sheets in my version.

For player ID's, you mentioned Cells A & B on the Name Conversion sheet, I have Sort in Cell A and no heading in Cell B.

In the Player Editor sheet, Column U and V, there is an Attack and Defense grade, what are they used for?

thanks for the workbook G.

Hi can any1 create a URC tournament in switch for the super rugby or Top14 instead I know is 2 teams ekstra but u guys can delete to teams of Italy please and thank u in advance guys

Hey @ama1 I downloaded the editor from the link in the first post, but I seem to not have the Lineups DEC/Hex Workbook sheets in my version.

For player ID's, you mentioned Cells A & B on the Name Conversion sheet, I have Sort in Cell A and no heading in Cell B.

In the Player Editor sheet, Column U and V, there is an Attack and Defense grade, what are they used for?

thanks for the workbook G.
Sorry, I uploaded the file to mediafire with the wrong name. If you download from the original post - it has now been corrected.

@ama1 if I cut the portions from the lineups (for example ARG's lineup with captain and kicks), and paste it in a different sheet, your links will adjust to the new spreadsheet right? As this is common within excel when cutting and pasting.

I want to to have the 2 bytes viewed as vertical lineups, so I can use a vlookup to also display a name when I paste in the 2 bytes per player.

Basically cut the 2 bytes for loose head, paste it in a new sheet, cut the next two bytes for hooker, paste them below loose head.

I hope I'm making sense.

Yes, from what you are describing, this should work. Just make sure the references are correct.

Hi guys struggling to download the trf22 patch on my computer. using windows 10 when i download the file it shows up with the internet symbol in my downloads folder and there doesn't seem to be anything in it. I am using winrar to make it into a folder but it doesn't have the contents of the folder. really keen to get my game modded so any help would be hugely appreciated. thanks guys

There appears to be some incorrect formulas in the New Roster sheet, columns A to AF from row 150 down. Some off-by-one errors causing bugs for players, example player to check is player 1777. Eg. cell U is copying cell V in the formula, and cell D copying cell E. Auto-filling the formulas from A-AF150 corrected it.

1709024238881.png 1709024251635.png

As requested a while back, (Sorry I have been real busy)

I have added new functionality to the Rugby 08 Roster Editing Spreadsheet.

You can now edit player names, positions, height, weight, age in the workbook named 'Name Conversion'

The spreadsheet will auto generate hex values in the 'Name to Hex' spreadsheet. You will need to ensure any cells containing #VALUE! (Displayed as #####) are changed to 00 (sorry haven't figured an easier way to do this yet)

Once you are happy, copy and paste the hex values generated in the Name to Hex spreadsheet into the Hex workbook and continue.

Give this a try, any issues - let me know

What's wrong with Woosah's Editor?

hi @ama1 i was wanting to change the positions of a couple of players. i have the editor sheet and changed the numbers next to the players name and saved it but it doesn't change on the game. do i need to save it elsewhere? any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Hello @ama1 , I have played around with the spreadsheet and managed to learn and update names and positions based on your guidelines and can create the .ros file from 010 hex editor. Thank you!

However, I am having difficulties reimporting a roster via 010 hex editor back to the spreadsheet, and the guideline is a bit confusing. Will you mind assisting on how to reimport please?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-23 165458.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-23 165458.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 4
Basically, you need to copy the hex values from the 'new ros' back into 010 editor and save to update the .ros file (documents folder)
For WL, copy the 'New RDF' values back into 010 editor and save as 73cb47d1d69c90f28fd1cc4186ac1926.rdf (main folder)

Is there a way to import an existing .ros onto the excel spread sheet?

I have Jim's .ros which is more up to date than then current 'new roster' on the excel sheet, and I wish to edit this.

Or do I have to manually just update everything on my end?

Yes, the purpose of the editor is to be able to import an existing .ros file into the 'hex' workbook,
make changes using the player editor
and then reimport back into 010 editor as a .ros file.

To Import a .ros from 010 Editor into the Excel Spreadsheet

1. Open the .ros file you wish to import in 010 editor.
2. Set up 010 editor to display 'line width' as 100. (as the roster has 100 bytes per player)
3. In 010 editor - highlight all of the hex values (CTRL + A) and get them ready to copy by entering (CTRL + SHIFT + C)
4. In the Excel spreadsheet open the 'Hex' workbook and in the top left corner (where it says Paste) click on the little arrow which is pointing down.
5. It should give you the option to Use Text Import Wizard.
6. Ensure that 'Delimited' is selected, then select 'Next'
7. Ensure that 'Space' has a tick next to it as well as 'Treat consecutive delimiters as one', then select 'Next'.
8. Enter 'Finish' click Ok if any other dialog boxes appear.

If you have done Steps 1 to 8 Correctly - you would have replaced the hex data from 010 Editor into the 'Hex' workbook.
(I.e; imported a .ros file into the spreadsheet.)

To get the Player Names to appear in the Player Editor workbook
The 'Player Editor' workbook is where you edit the stats for the players.

1. Go to the 'Decimal' workbook in the spreadsheet.
2. Enter (CTRL + A) to select all the decimal data.

3. Go to the 'Edit' workbook in the spreadsheet.
(Here we will convert the decimal values to character format for readability in the Player Editor)
4. Select all the decimal data in the Edit workbook by selecting the square in the top left corner (in between Column A and Row 1)
5. Once the data in the Edit workbook is highlighted - enter (CTRL + V)
6. In the Edit workbook, click on cell E150 to highlight it. This is the start of the player name and goes across 16 columns. (E150-T150)
7. Still in the Edit workbook, in the formula toolbar (at the top, it should display fx) enter this formula =char(Decimal!E150)
8. The format should change from decimal to character (i.e; letters).
9. Highlight cell E150 and you should see that the cell is highlighted by a square with (a square dot) in the bottom right corner.
Drag this across until cell T150. The format changes again and the player name should display (along with cells displaying ####)
10. With all cells from E150 - T150 highlighted and once again find the square dot in the bottom right corner. Double click it and all the
values below it should change to char format.

The names should now be showing for all the players. We now just need to get rid of the cells displaying ####

11. In the 'Edit' workbook select all values by (CTRL + A). (CTRL + C) to copy and (CTRL + V) to repaste the data as values.
12. Use (CTRL + F) to open up the Find and Replace dialog. Go to Replace and under 'Find What:' enter #VALUE!
13. For 'Replace with' leave the fields blank. This step gets rid of the #### cells.

14. You can now edit values in the Player Editor.

Once you have done editing, just make sure that the 'Sort' order is correct. (Column A)

15. The 'New Ros' workbook auto fills the edited data from the Player Editor into the imported roster.
There should be no real need to edit it.
You will just need to highlight and copy (CTRL + A) (CTRL + C) and prepare to paste them back into 010 editor.

16. Last step: In 010 editor, go to your .ros file and enter (CTRL + Shift + V) to paste the hex data from the New Ros workbook
into 010 editor. Save as a .ros file. Test the roster in Woosah's Editor or load it in Rugby 08.

Tip: To save your roster as an rdf (i.e; for World League, Challenge Mode purposes) go to 'New RDF', highlight and copy this data
back into 010 editor. Rename the rdf as 73cb47d1d69c90f28fd1cc4186ac1926.rdf (this goes into your main Rugby 08 folder - where the .exe file is located).

Sorry I couldn't add any images. Something's going on with my computer.

Latest posts