• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 confirmation ?

Righto guys, Teh Mite started this thread for actual new news and information on Rugby '08.

Can we keep it on topic? If not, (and Teh Mite agrees), you could see a few posts deleted. Just trying to keep it seemly. Thats what he asked for when he opened the thread.

Start a new thread about who's going to be on the box in each country if you like.

yeah!!!!

any who...

any word on about the creating of players? like not being to make players with all their stats 100% or not being retarded looking?

and knowsleyroader is right... i see that this thread has new posts and i hope that people has posted something decent and informative, instead, i read people arguing on the internet.

Well lets all hope the team doing the testing is different from the last one, EA must have the most lax QA team in creation, all their games come out with glaring bugs.

My EA source said that game is in final testing and that means about 6 weeks away form launch (so 23 July realistic) . Also said only languages are English and French. [/b]
Why don't you ask your EA source why EA haven't released anything yet? One thing that baffles me with EA, If the game ships next month & they don't want to have a big marketing campaign for the game, why don't they release some pictures or info about the game?

i hope ea are not having trouble with rwc licensing. i remember rugby 2**4 had the rwc2003 license in the feature list in the lead up to the release and then it got removed from the game.

maybe thats why ea are not releasing any info yet.

if licensing is an issue, then there possibly can be a delay in releasing the game. (im just speculating here)

yeah!!!!

any who...

any word on about the creating of players? like not being to make players with all their stats 100% or not being retarded looking?

and knowsleyroader is right... i see that this thread has new posts and i hope that people has posted something decent and informative, instead, i read people arguing on the internet.
[/b]

nah there isn't anything about player creation yet. i wouldn't expect much either it is not a strong area for the series. And the whole who should be on the cover wasn't off topic someone posted a link to the nz cover and we decided to discuss it. B)

i hope ea are not having trouble with rwc licensing. i remember rugby 2**4 had the rwc2003 license in the feature list in the lead up to the release and then it got removed from the game.

if licensing is an issue, then there possibly can be a delay in releasing the game. (im just speculating here)
[/b]

why does everyone seem to assume this guy isn't lying about having an ea source am i missing something and i hope licencing isn't an issue as they have been completly silent about this game. :mellow:

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

why does everyone seem to assume this guy isn't lying about having an ea source am i missing something and i hope licencing isn't an issue as they have been completly silent about this game. :mellow: [/b][/quote]

Ummm....you are the only one to have replied to him since that post.....

are you blind or am i seeing things? one guy says he has info from an ea source and someelse asks him to ask his source and i quote "why don't you ask your ea source why ea hasn't released anything yet". ok admittly thats not everyone but no one flamed him and so iasked a genuine question as i hadn't read some of the posts before knowsley roader made his comment offering a date mostpeople already new.

Barry 'The Cougar' Dawson should be on the cover

it will sell before its even out!!!!!!

sorry don't get it. who's barry dawson
:unsure: obviously a raider but even i think talking about a rugby league guy whos not wally lewis(i understand hes considered by most to be the best rugby league player ever) is getting off topic. :D

[/b]

because arguing on the internet never happens at all or on this forum.

I see nothing wrong with discussing things like the cover myself as it was about actual news. the key though is to make sure the discussion is on the news and not just speculation which is what other threads are for.

gavin henson for the cover. pefectly fits his real life rugby role as well.

There was nothing about attributes on the box but we can hope p.s. hey QUIRKEALISS DID YOU GO TO SPC TOO ? (spc 3rd xv 4life!!)

<div class='quotemain'>
Seriously! Who give a **** who is on the cover? Jesus wept! Everytime I see extra posts on this thread I think some kind of news has broken out ( seeing that was the original plan of the thread ). But no, its just another opinion of who should be on the cover. I think it should be Billy Bloggs cos he totally scored 3 tries in 4 minutes and there is no way Johnny Bloggs could do that. Yeah but Johnny owned him with a big hit and ..... blah blah.
[/b]

i do so shut the f up.

if you want someone whole say no more poncy fops then The Great Jerry Collins should be on the cover.
[/b][/quote]
Yer m8 SPC is da greatest. Cudn't fink of a beta person than the great JC

I'm a litte bit worried about them advertising "simpler line outs", having only three jumpers to select in Rugby 06 was way too simple for my liking as I lose 80% of my lineouts against the throw when playing on the hardest difficulty.

They should go back to the Rugby 01 system where you get to select how many players you want in the line out and then get to select each player individually.

I also think that you should be rewarded for not contesting the line out close to your own line by getting your fowards in to a maul quicker and shutting down the opposition drive.

if you want someone whole say no more poncy fops then The Great Jerry Collins should be on the cover.
[/quote]
Yer m8 SPC is da greatest. Cudn't fink of a beta person than the great JC
[/quote]
i asked last night but i don't know if you saw the post. so i'll ask again did you go to spc town too if so when?
B)

I'm a litte bit worried about them advertising "simpler line outs", having only three jumpers to select in Rugby 06 was way too simple for my liking as I lose 80% of my lineouts against the throw when playing on the hardest difficulty.

They should go back to the Rugby 01 system where you get to select how many players you want in the line out and then get to select each player individually.

I also think that you should be rewarded for not contesting the line out close to your own line by getting your fowards in to a maul quicker and shutting down the opposition drive.
[/b]
totally agree with being rewarded for not contesting close to the line but i don't think going back to the 01 system is the solution. be glad they aren't using the 06 system and just cross your fingers and hope it works well. B)

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

the key though is to make sure the discussion is on the news and not just speculation which is what other threads are for.

[/b][/quote]

So is that news or speculation? :wacko:

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

the key though is to make sure the discussion is on the news and not just speculation which is what other threads are for.

[/b][/quote]

So is that news or speculation? :wacko:
[/b][/quote]
its opinion on the news (that richie mccaw is on the nz cover) if you hate people going off topic why do you keep posting off topic your not changing anyones mind. :wall:

maybe they're using these internationals as a base for the squad in the game?
[/b]

Yep.I can't see why EA won't screw us out of a few nice extras we have been begging for since 06.Thinking of a nice editor (Woosah your editor is stunning and thank you for giving us something EA couldn't) and a LAN or multiplayer option to play on 2 PC's. I was hoping for a more difficult and more aggresive AI, but I won't put my money on getting any of these small little things we begged from and told EA since 06.Let's hope they suprise us somehow. <_<

My source (friend who works for EA) is not involved with project but volunteered info when i asked him.

Latest posts