• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 confirmation ?

Are those toulouse's jerseys?.. their pretty cool

anyways, it's now june! wasn't somebody getting their hands on a demo or something soon?

Well Woosah you'll be happy to know that a cricket game for the psp is coming out in the next couple of months. I think it's Brian Lara cricket, but I could be wrong.
Unfortunately I hate cricket so that's no draw for me. As for JLR, sounds good, now I just need to hunt down a copy of the blasted game.

*EDIT*
Oh just saw you said something about BLIC, I assume that means you know about the Brian Lara thing, but it looks like it might be more of a simulator type game than an actual real time one. Suck.

yeah ill get a psp when there is a rugby or cricket game on it. as long as its playable cricket not like blic :D
[/b]

Actually there is some app for PSP which makes you able to play PSX games on the PSP, not sure how it works, but that seems to make it possible to play Jonah Lomu Rugby on PSP at least.

I know, all I need is the original playstation cd for Jonah Lomu. Might be in the bargain bin somewhere or on trademe.
It's an awesome way to increase the variety of games on your psp while paying bargain prices. O for awesome, btw just out of curiosity were any of EAs rugby series ever on the playstation 1????? 2000 perhaps??

I know 100% that a prominent member here owns an original Jonahs and a psp AND may possibly know somewhere you could maybe kind of get info on how to get it on there, aye Craig? oh crap cats out of the bag...

i don't see why ea would put 'with current rosters for classic matches', surely from their perspective it would be more sneaky to lead us to believe the classic matches have proper players?

but i think the thing we've established is that this whole game seems more of an expansion pack than a leap forward, but then with EA we've always known they operate through making money than making the best game ever.

cause these improvements seem preety easy and economical, so i think its fair to say this whole 'game' is more about making money on the back of the third biggest sporting event. But then its also quite amusing how all of us know this, but i can gureentee the majority will end up with a copy! i know, i will...

hmm interesting lol low grubber kicks being more effecting than a fast passing game?? and onli ps2...

exciting

Look what I found...

51qSFbYuA2L.jpg

Also at Game.co.uk;

Released: PREORDER - 20-Jul-2007

Availability: 47 days until release!
[/b]
Is it me, or does McCaw's head look super-imposed on that body? Perhaps EA will interchange the head & kit for the region of the game release?? If that the case, I want to see Shane Williams as the face of the Welsh version.

Also if you look closely at his right hand on the ball, he doesn't place his little finger on the ball? is he upper class kiwi or something?

Who's the most likely candidate(s) for the English market? I would go for a joint Wilkinson-Strettle cover - a mix of the old and the new.

Strettle or Tait would be my guess alongside some other pros in internatioal colours, as per the 06 cover.

Why not a Wii Version??!!

Playing rugby game with wiimote and nunchuk should be a great game experience.

Cos you would probably chuck the remote through the window or something when passing the ball

Is their any chance that their will be a late version released for the PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360? Possibly after the WC?

<div class='quotemain'> Look what I found...

51qSFbYuA2L.jpg

Also at Game.co.uk;

Released: PREORDER - 20-Jul-2007

Availability: 47 days until release!
[/b]
Is it me, or does McCaw's head look super-imposed on that body? Perhaps EA will interchange the head & kit for the region of the game release?? If that the case, I want to see Shane Williams as the face of the Welsh version.

Also if you look closely at his right hand on the ball, he doesn't place his little finger on the ball? is he upper class kiwi or something?
[/b][/quote]
Not funny.

Why not a Wii Version??!!

Playing rugby game with wiimote and nunchuk should be a great game experience.
[/b]

They may well do for the next incarnation considering HB have developed Madden Wii. I'd definitely buy it for Wii.

Is their any chance that their will be a late version released for the PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360? Possibly after the WC? [/b]
No. EA aren't ready to make Rugby a next generation graphics game.

It would be great if they did, but I just can't see it happening.

rugby on the wii would be awesome. I would buy it for sure. next-gen rugby seems to be on hold for the moment with 08 only coming out on the ps2 and pc. any other version would most likely be 6 months at least down the line. perhaps ea are waiting to see how sales go with the ps2 version to see if there is any market at all for a rugby game on next-gen consoles.

Latest posts