• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 14

Be interesting to see how Coombes goes in the row now.
Was excellent here tonight. Obviously a better 8 but started his career in 2nd row so obviously very comfortable but christ when Jenkins and Knox came on with Gav to 8 the power exploded.

Watching the Munster game now and it was fairly sloppy. Score probably doesn't reflect how hit and miss Munster were.

I have issues with his fitness and other parts of his game, but Zebo is undeniably a class finisher and he pulls out some electric moments. Cliched but stuff does happen when he gets the ball. Hope he's ok, did not look with it coming off.

Coombes is such a joke, he just rolls over people on his carries.

Kendellen reminds me a bit of early VDF. Really technically sound and good at pretty much everything, with a massive engine, but doesn't really set the world alight on carries.

Josh Wycherley had a good all round game, but gave away scrum pens mostly through brain farts rather than being outmuscled. When Knox came on at TH he looked like a beast, especially when he had Jenkins behind him. Lad needs to get some starts for us now.

Think Healy is growing nicely as a ten. His boot is so valuable and his passing game is coming along nicely.

What's the deal with the Premier Sports commentary? I'm not listening to it, but I'm seeing a couple of one sidedness complaints on twitter?

Ugh, we have been shocking since the second half kick off

What's the deal with the Premier Sports commentary? I'm not listening to it, but I'm seeing a couple of one sidedness complaints on twitter?

Ugh, we have been shocking since the second half kick off

It's Mark Robson and Stephen Ferris commentating who are both Ulstermen who can't help themselves. Would imagine they're not really expecting/catering to a South African audience anyway? Although they at least have a SA pundit in the studio.

It's Mark Robson and Stephen Ferris commentating who are both Ulstermen who can't help themselves. Would imagine they're not really expecting/catering to a South African audience anyway? Although they at least have a SA pundit in the studio.

Fair, SuperSport has their SA commentators, but have been pretty balanced. Your thoughts on the Senatla tackle there?

I watched a few minutes on premier sport and left was clear those oaks are clueless.

Fair, SuperSport has their SA commentators, but have been pretty balanced. Your thoughts on the Senatla tackle there?
Tackle was fine not his fault the Ulster player made a stupid duck.

Honestly I'm only half watching so i barely saw it. I'd have thought penalty but not a yellow like the commentators were arguing.

Great try by McCloskey.

Fair, I thought by letter of the law was probably a penalty... but in terms of common sense probably more correct because the fullback was basically just going to ground.

We really have just completely fallen apart since about the 25th minute.

Not intentional, significant mitigation.. but the fact it wasn't even a penalty is absolutely absurd.

Fair, I thought by letter of the law was probably a penalty... but in terms of common sense probably more correct because the fullback was basically just going to ground.

We really have just completely fallen apart since about the 25th minute.

Would be surprised if you guys lose at this stage. Any scrum and you'll probably win a penalty and Ulster are having to go through a load of phases to gain anything.

Stormer hand knocks it back and then he lands on it? Not sure what the decision should be.

Edit: knock on seems like it shouldn't be the decision it's a Stormers hand and doesn't go forward.

Good work from O'Connor getting the ref to listen to him.

And now an absolute joke by the ref. Clearly hit the ball.

I think the correct decision in the end on the non try but bizarre communication to get there.

Wouldn't say we deserved it but I will take it as there have been games where we were the better side but couldn't convert.

I want to see it again, I thought it was our players hand on the ball not the hand.

Don't think we deserved that one, but feel like we should have gotten more out of our NH tour so guess we take it.

Absolutely livid at that game to be honest. Stormers came out well in the first half, and our ball protection wasn't good enough. But the inconsistencies at the breakdown were massive. Rea had two perfectly good turnovers penalised, one because his arm literally brushed the grass for a nanosecond - for the Stormers to get a turnover one minute later with hands on the ground.

Not even going to get into those last 5 minutes. Shocking referring.

If the game continued the way it did in the first 30 then fair enough, no complaints. Not sure we deserved to lose that by the end.

Latest posts