• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RobbieD_PL's RC3 Editing Thread - Patch/Mod Ideas

Hi guys,

I've just recently reinstalled Rugby Challenge 3 after having gotten a refund for RC4 a while back & being disappointed how it was such a step backwards. I want to get back into playing a decent rugby simulator & Rugby Challenge 3 was the best one I ever played. What I'm wanting to do is add all the licensed assets for teams: kits, real player faces, crowd banners & flags, menu logos & stadiums from all the other instances of the Rugby Challenge series to have them in Rugby Challenge 3.

From memory, licenced player faces had specific hex codes which could be enabled using a hexeditor. And the same goes for the French stadiums which are hidden in the RC3 game files.

If anyone has a list of those hexcodes, and the accompanying player names, that will be great.

Another thing is, can the RC4 assets be inserted into RC3? Or do they have to undergo a conversion process, given the different engine that RC4 uses compared to RC3?

Hey Guys,

Just opening up this thread to pan for some ideas to edit and improve RC3, especially with the upcoming Lions Tour to New Zealand.

Building on the Vanilla Mod, I've already done a few things:

- Licensed rosters for the Guinness Pro 12 sides from Ireland, Italy, Scotland and Wales + the four national teams. All the players & faces correspond to when RC2 had the licenses for those teams.
- I've made a start on updating the French rosters starting from Pro D2. Again, these are all the same rosters that were in RC2.
- I'm updating all the hidden faces that were from RC1/RC2 and I'll add them to a "superstar" team

Things that need to be done:

- Assigning real stadiums to tournament fixtures.
- Adding the Barbarians, Maori ABs and the B&I Lions (taken from RC2, but updated for the 2017 series)
- Assigning commentary for the non-Aviva Premiership European teams (including rivalry matches)

I'm also thinking about the possibility to ADD completely new graphics:
- Adding new faces for South African, French, Italian and Argentine superstar players
- Adding new stadiums - to at least update the generic ones (Stade de France, Stadio Olimpico, Millennium Stadium) - and if possible add completely new ones.

What else can be added or is possible?
I can help with faces from time to time if needed👍🏻

Hi guys,

I've just recently reinstalled Rugby Challenge 3 after having gotten a refund for RC4 a while back & being disappointed how it was such a step backwards. I want to get back into playing a decent rugby simulator & Rugby Challenge 3 was the best one I ever played. What I'm wanting to do is add all the licensed assets for teams: kits, real player faces, crowd banners & flags, menu logos & stadiums from all the other instances of the Rugby Challenge series to have them in Rugby Challenge 3.

From memory, licenced player faces had specific hex codes which could be enabled using a hexeditor. And the same goes for the French stadiums which are hidden in the RC3 game files.

If anyone has a list of those hexcodes, and the accompanying player names, that will be great.

Another thing is, can the RC4 assets be inserted into RC3? Or do they have to undergo a conversion process, given the different engine that RC4 uses compared to RC3?
I can help with faces from time to time,if needed

Latest posts