RIP Nick Köster

Which Tyler

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Bath

Bristol rugby player Nick Köster smiled as he left Norfolk mental health hospital, inquest told

A former rugby player smiled and told a nurse 'see you in a bit' as he left a mental health hospital just hours before taking his own life, an inquest has heard.

South African Nick Köster, who played for Bristol and Bath, had asked for leave to go shopping on 11 July last year.

Mental health nurse Charles Mwangi told the hearing in Norwich there was "no indication at all that he was suicidal or that his mental health had deteriorated" as he had left the facility in Attleborough, Norfolk, adding that Koster had "said 'see you in a bit', smiled and left".

Köster, 34, was found dead hours later after he failed to return by an agreed time of 4.30pm, having left the site at about 2.30pm.

ARTICLE CONTINUES
May you rest in peace Nick, I'm sorry that you never seemed to find that peace in life.
For anyone wanting to know more about how to identify, and what to do if you do, mental health issues; I would recommend a Mental Health First Aid course - I did mine through https://mhfaengland.org/

Last edited:

Latest posts