• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Quinlan banned 12 weeks

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ASM70 @ May 13 2009, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stillknox @ May 13 2009, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Schweinsteiger_Webby @ May 13 2009, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pathetic when you consider that Best got 18 weeks for far less, and Hartley 6 months. Should be expected though I suppose, one rule for one club, another for those that aren't so popular amongst rugby's hierachy. :rolleyes:[/b]
Well, Mauro Bergamasco is a bloody italian and he got 13 weeks for the same thing last year... seems fair to me.
[/b][/quote]
How about Perpignan hooker Tincu who got 18 weeks while there's still no such thing as a single image proving he actually tried to gouge his opponent's eye?... Should I also mention Mr White's decision and its consequences after the "Cudmore / O'Connell punch-up" during Munster-ASM Clermont, this year, in the HCUP?.........
I love the ERC's equity... I really do!!!
[/b][/quote]

He had to defend himself....to quote Paul O'Connell "I had to defend myself".

Cudmore hit him across the face, O'Connell pointed it out to the Assisant before being hit again and then he hit him back. A yellow for the extra punches on the ground. So they were bith on a yellow at that stage untill Cudmore started trying to hit more people when he got up. mHow's that not a red?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ May 14 2009, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ASM70 @ May 13 2009, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stillknox @ May 13 2009, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Schweinsteiger_Webby @ May 13 2009, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pathetic when you consider that Best got 18 weeks for far less, and Hartley 6 months. Should be expected though I suppose, one rule for one club, another for those that aren't so popular amongst rugby's hierachy. :rolleyes:[/b]
Well, Mauro Bergamasco is a bloody italian and he got 13 weeks for the same thing last year... seems fair to me.
[/b][/quote]
How about Perpignan hooker Tincu who got 18 weeks while there's still no such thing as a single image proving he actually tried to gouge his opponent's eye?... Should I also mention Mr White's decision and its consequences after the "Cudmore / O'Connell punch-up" during Munster-ASM Clermont, this year, in the HCUP?.........
I love the ERC's equity... I really do!!!
[/b][/quote]

Cudmore hit him across the face, O'Connell pointed it out to the Assisant before being hit again and then he hit him back. A yellow for the extra punches on the ground. So they were bith on a yellow at that stage untill Cudmore started trying to hit more people when he got up. mHow's that not a red?
[/b][/quote]

Here here.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ May 14 2009, 08:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Cudmore hit him across the face, O'Connell pointed it out to the Assisant before being hit again and then he hit him back. A yellow for the extra punches on the ground. So they were bith on a yellow at that stage untill Cudmore started trying to hit more people when he got up. mHow's that not a red?[/b]
To me, O'Connell is currently the best lock on the planet but he's certainly no angel... It was a mere punch-up that led to no serious injuries... A yellow for both would have been the sound decision to make... O'Connell (again an outstanding player) is known to be a great one for whining... Mr White and his assistant walked right into trap... I remember the English ref looking dead happy while flourishing the red card to the Canuck... Never mind, even outnumbered, we had a great game then anyway and scared the **** out the Munstermen and the "yellow Army" felt real proud about it...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ASM70 @ May 14 2009, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
O'Connell (again an outstanding player) is known to be a great one for whining...[/b]

Which is what you want to be honest. I remember in this years six nations he was over the ball trying to release it, about 4 of the opposition (think it was against France) tried to remove him and they couldnt, in the end as he was finally being driven off it he looked up and houted at the ref for holding. He got it too (rightly so).

I like to see the captain in the ref's ear all day long. Every little edge helps.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ May 13 2009, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think the ban is about right, there was no intent but it was reckless. Neil Best must be very ****** off though, although he actually made contact with the eye where as the evidence suggests Quinny didn't.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Meh @ May 13 2009, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting that nobody's mentioned the O'Connell gouge either...

Perhaps nobody picked up on it.[/b]

f*** off to the spiteful f***er in Gwlad land until tou can come up with a video of that incident, a still photo means nothing, and no video and no protests from Leinster = No POC Gouge
[/b][/quote]

1. I'm only basing it on what I saw.
2. I live in Scotland.
3. Just because there's no video evidence doesn't mean it didn't happen.
4. I won't complain too much because I think he's a key part of this tour.
5. Do you always have such a temper?