• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Preseason 24/25

Wasn't that keen on the Waisea signing but he's looked good this half and the 2nd half of last week

The Fijian 13? Yeah he looks a quality signing. You've dropped some balls but that's what Preseason friendlies sre for.

Been an interesting game this Sale falcons actually ..certainly gives me hope that we'll actually win a game this season...

Been an interesting game this Sale falcons actually ..certainly gives me hope that we'll actually win a game this season...
Just seen the score...did it come from good attacking or bad defending from both teams?

Just seen the score...did it come from good attacking or bad defending from both teams?
There were some nice tries from both sides but it was definitely a preseason fixture,
Intensity on defence wasn't there for either

Thank you for loaning us Connor Doherty...he's the centre we've been crying out for in years. Add in Arnold and suddenly there's a proper midfield.
Pack speed quicker and more aggressive.

Lots to work on but huge positives.

Genuinely hope we keep Ben Stevenson fit this year. He's a class act on the wing...and physical with it.

Mark Tampin has retired for business reasons, but more serious, Eduardo Bello has suffered an ACL...out for at least 6 months. Thats a huge blow to him and to us.

Bath v Dragons
Friday night, 19:15; livestream on Bath's tiktok

TEAMS

Bath:

1a Arthur Cordwell
2a Tom Dunn
3a Will Stuart
4a Quinn Roux
5a Charlie Ewels
6a Ted Hill
7a Miles Reid
8a Alfie Barbeary

09a Ben Spencer (c)
10a Finn Russell
11a Will Muir
12a Orlando Bailey
13a Ollie Lawrence
14a Joe Cokanasiga
15a Tom de Glanville

Bench:
1b Francois van Wyk
2b Niall Annett, 2c Hame Faiva
3b Archie Griffin, 3c Billy Sela
4b Jacques du Plessis, 4c Ethan Staddon
5b Ross Molony
6b Ewan Richards
7b Guy Pepper
8b Josh Bayliss

09b Louis Schreuder, 09c Tom Carr-Smith
10b Sam Harris
11b Ruaridh McConnochie
12b Will Butt
13b Louie Hennessey
14b Tyler Offiah
15b Austin Emens

Dragons:
1 Rodrigo Martinez
2 Brodie Coghlan
3 Leon Brown
4 Matthew Screech
5 Ben Carter (c)
6 Ryan Woodman
7 Harri Keddie
8 Shane Lewis-Hughes

09 Rhodri Williams
10 Lloyd Evans
11 Ewan Rosser
12 Aneurin Owen
13 Jared Rosser
14 Rio Dyer
15 Cai Evans

Bench: Rhodri Jones, James Benjamin, Oli Burrows, Luke Yendle, Owain James, Nick Thomas, George Nott, Evan Minto, George Young, Dane Blacker, Will Reed, Steff Hughes, Huw Anderson, Harry Rees-Weldon

Last edited:
A good win in the end against what appeared to be a 2nd string Ulster. Paul Brown goes over again.

Unfortunately, looks like an injury for Jacques Vermeulen which is a big kick in the teeth given the leadership we're lacking at the start of the season.

I'm not hopeful against Tigers if they are anything close to having their ducks in a row.

Was just looking on tnt to try and see if they've got a premiership season review show before the start of the season and I can't see one.

Rather disappointing, surely they need some kind of season preview show.

A good win in the end against what appeared to be a 2nd string Ulster. Paul Brown goes over again.

Unfortunately, looks like an injury for Jacques Vermeulen which is a big kick in the teeth given the leadership we're lacking at the start of the season.

I'm not hopeful against Tigers if they are anything close to having their ducks in a row.
Bar a couple of highlights I don't know anything about our form. Or Tigers for that matter.

Losing Vermeulen is a big loss. So what a back row of Roots Tshiunza Fisilau, Vincent.

How did Hammersley get on playing at 13? And any news on. Wyatt? When is he due back?

My hope is we can have a decent start to the season and then get the likes of Jenkins, Vermeulen, Slade, Tua and Wyatt back.

Tbh I really like our squad and they could develop into something but havnt got high expectations this season.

Bar a couple of highlights I don't know anything about our form. Or Tigers for that matter.

Losing Vermeulen is a big loss. So what a back row of Roots Tshiunza Fisilau, Vincent.

How did Hammersley get on playing at 13? And any news on. Wyatt? When is he due back?

My hope is we can have a decent start to the season and then get the likes of Jenkins, Vermeulen, Slade, Tua and Wyatt back.

Tbh I really like our squad and they could develop into something but havnt got high expectations this season.
I think Baxter will go with Hammersley at 13 given some of his comments. He is a decent defender tbf but will have a big task pulling the trigger on our blitz. Wyatt is load bearing again and running in training but still looks like ~January

Agree about side, the fans are behind them and the project.

Tigers without Pollard, could be interesting.

Latest posts