• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 23/24 - Round 16

Big game for Saints. I think it gives away teams an advantage when it's held at twickenham too.
Watch me be totally wrong with that

My predictions
Saracens
Bears
Saints
Sharks
Chiefs (think glos will be focussing on the challenge cup)

Hadn't clocked that this was the Twickenham game - gotta imagine Quins will go full bore, so they'll be a bit bollocksed by the Toulouse game

What's the story with ITV's coverage? I've never quite figured out how the games they televise are chosen. It seems they get the low jeopardy fixtures.

Quins need a win this round. With it being the BSKO, I hope we raise our game. We typically tend to win in our show piece fixtures.

I don't give us much of a chance in the Toulouse game (I would have said we have nothing to lose, but that felt like too much of an obvious pun) so we need to secure a play off place to stay in the hunt.

Big game for Saints. I think it gives away teams an advantage when it's held at twickenham too.
Watch me be totally wrong with that

My predictions
Saracens
Bears
Saints
Sharks
Chiefs (think glos will be focussing on the challenge cup)
I think this is a fair assessment. Goes without saying that we (Chiefs) need the way but we need to crack on with 5 points. More possible if Hodge is introduced to our winger Manny. I don't think he knows him.

Worth pointing out that the refereeing the Quins vs Saints match is none other than former colleague of Care, Chisholm, Collier, and Marler; Karl Dickson

I'm not suggesting that he will intentionally be bias to either team, but in light of the Forest accusations, why put the ref under that sort of pressure?

Last edited:
Worth pointing out that the refereeing the Quins vs Saints match is none other than former colleague of Care, Chisholm, Collier, and Marler; Karl Dickson

I'm not suggesting that he will intentionally be bias to either team, but in light of the Forest accusations, why put the ref under that sort of pressure?
Another way of looking at it is that it's something he's hyper aware of and swings the other way to avoid accusations. Unless your Rassie most people don't tend to do a Forest.

Another way of looking at it is that it's something he's hyper aware of and swings the other way to avoid accusations. Unless your Rassie most people don't tend to do a Forest.

Which would be just as bad. We don't want any kind of swingers.

It's a no win situation - dumb to put Dickson in that position. I don't believe any ref would try to inappropriately influence a match, but it's needlessly opening them up to that criticism and social media vitriol.

Attwell who's at the centre of this has refereed games involving 104 separate clubs, but never Luton who he's a fan of. Has to be the model although you could argue that they also shouldn't ref teams who are fighting directly against their own for ***les and relegation.

Hasn't he reffed Quins multiple times before?

I'd expect him to be just as barmy as usual, and not bias either side but bring his unique style of refereeing to both equally

Ryan Reynolds Movie GIF by The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard

I'm actually disappointed with the way Dickson has developed as a ref. Given his playing career, I thought he'd have a lot more of a feel for the game than he does.

FWIW, I think he's concerned about the perception that he has an Quins bias and if anything referees us pretty harshly.

I'm actually disappointed with the way Dickson has developed as a ref. Given his playing career, I thought he'd have a lot more of a feel for the game than he does.

FWIW, I think he's concerned about the perception that he has an Quins bias and if anything referees us pretty harshly.
I just don't get why he has to at all. Surely there are enough premiership refs that he could referee another game. It's not like he'd be first pick for a final if Quins get there. Why put him in that situation and risk it at all?

Also reffing Quins more harshly is a form of bias. He should be completely neutral.

Tigers biggest strength v Bristol is the narrow pitch. Got to hope that makes up for the attack. Feeling is Bristol to get a TBP win

Hasn't he reffed Quins multiple times before?

I'd expect him to be just as barmy as usual, and not bias either side but bring his unique style of refereeing to both equally

View attachment 19697

Quins have lost more games with him in the middle than won, Saints fans have been such cry babies recently Ridley got the same stuff thrown at him before our game. You are top of the league stop looking for excuse on a loss that hasn't even happened.

Tigers biggest strength v Bristol is the narrow pitch. Got to hope that makes up for the attack. Feeling is Bristol to get a TBP win

Quins have lost more games with him in the middle than won, Saints fans have been such cry babies recently Ridley got the same stuff thrown at him before our game. You are top of the league stop looking for excuse on a loss that hasn't even happened.
Wow, nice and bitter there. I'm sorry tigers suck.

Wow, nice and bitter there. I'm sorry tigers suck.
Ok some of you are though.

Ridley was getting so much stick for being from the tigers academy before the game and yet I thought he was perfect.

And like Dickson tigers have a negative win/loss ratio under Ridley.

Saints have easily been the best team of the season and rightly top I just don't get the vocal complaints on this matter before nothing actually happens, especially when history suggests that former team maters tend to be harsher on their former team if anything

Ref: Luke Pearce
TJs: Craig Maxwell-Keys and John Meredith
TMO: David David Rose
ohc=U606_u0xRMgQ7kNvgEIrepb&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-2.jpg

Redpath back on the bench.
And in a surprise twist, Coetzee and Bayliss have swapped shirt numbers

ohc=nR9-YA4_xhMQ7kNvgFWGDMf&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.jpg

Last edited:
Quins fans will moan if he's overtly harsh on them. Saints fans will moan if marginal calls go against them.

The whole stupid situation could be avoided by not putting him in charge of Quins games. More than it being unfair to both clubs in the middle. Ii seems unfair to put him in that position.

Latest posts