• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Peter de Villiers expresses "surprise" over O'Connell nod

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Count of Devonshire @ Apr 27 2009, 03:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
From his recent interviews so far I think I quite like the fellow, but just don't think he is always right enough in the mind to spearhead a team.[/b]

I dont know where your getting any of that from. He "not always in the right mind?" "A man who seems to rate himself so highly and be so keen to be 'main man'?" I'm all for everyone expressing their opinions but when it has little or no fact to found it on it becomes pointless. O'Connell is a decent enough guy, and this personal arrogance you speak of has never materialised itself to me in the 8-10 years I've been watching him.

Munster as a unit are an arrogant bunch of ******** but only on the pitch, and once the game is over they are back to themselves again. Its what they have always done and its an attitude and a culture every team on the planet would love to bottle. Nothing negative about it.

He speaks his mind off the pitch but is always calculated when doing so e.g. He only had a go at Gatland AFTER the match was over.

On the pitch he leads by example and is a constant noise in the referees ear.

Would you prefer Borthwick? Blair? R Jones?

Latest posts