• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NFL Thread

Big news coming from the NFL today was that Sam Bradford will miss the entire season due to tearing his ACL!

That will be Bradfords career as a starter will be gone now, Rams will look to draft a QB next year or trade imo, just to unreliable and would have been dropped sonner if it wasn't for his huge contract.

Shame the last big money rookie deal will certainly have meant he has plenty in the bank (if he was wise).

Picks for this years NFL?

I've gone Denver and Seattle with a little nibble on the Colts! What do others think?

The above were my picks for last season (best pay day yet on an NFL season for me by the way) and below were my preliminaries for this coming season:

I will for sure be doubling down on Seattle. They were monsters this year and are simply just ahead of the game. They have a fantastic coaching staff!!!

Other picks?

NFC: I quite liked the look of Carolina this year.
AFC: Injury free Denver and NE

After a bit of a rethink, I'm going to be a bit boring this year and predict (and put my money on) that we will see a repeat of last years Super Bowl - Seattle v Denver. Denver have improved their squad, while Seattle should be as good, if not better than last year. I'm not sure I see any obvious contenders for either the AFC or NFC, in terms of favoritism that is. Obviously there are other good teams out there, and more than likely one or to will challenge in each division. What do you guys think? Other than the 2 favs who are your picks to challenge for a Super Bowl spot this season? Anyone realistically think Denver and Seattle shouldn't be favs, and are unlikely to win their respective divisions?

Phins vs Phins, but unfortunately the Phins O-line will implode yet again, and the Phins will lose, resulting in a Steelers victory by default. (Damn you Steelers! Damn you!!!!!!!!)

Josh Gordan suspended for 1 year.
I'm glad NFL sticking with it as he did violate the substance abuse policy so deserves his time and now he has to get clean and if he does I'm sure he will be reinstated.

On picks - I'd love to see Peyton bow out with a ring this year. Bronco's certainly have the talent and another team flying it are the Giants.

Gordon looking to try his luck in Canada playing there for a season.

Gordon looking to try his luck in Canada playing there for a season.

He can't, the new CBA in the CFL states that players under NFL suspension can't play here. That was changed after a few people did it around 7-8 years ago. I don't know if his agent is aware of that or just using it as an idle threat, or they've found some sort of loophole.

He can't, the new CBA in the CFL states that players under NFL suspension can't play here. That was changed after a few people did it around 7-8 years ago. I don't know if his agent is aware of that or just using it as an idle threat, or they've found some sort of loophole.
Plus with the CFL well in to the season would many take a chance/afford him. I remember Cornish being very critical of guys like that in past.

Plus with the CFL well in to the season would many take a chance/afford him. I remember Cornish being very critical of guys like that in past.

The teams in the Eastern division have been playing like ****. Hamilton is better than their record suggests but is finding ways to lose games. Toronto is bad but not awful but them and especially Montreal and Ottawa could use any sort of warm bodies that can play.

It's been a long time since I can remember a CFL season being so poor in terms of quality football, it might be the addition of Ottawa and the dilution of talent with that extra team that's affected the quality of play.

The teams in the Eastern division have been playing like ****. Hamilton is better than their record suggests but is finding ways to lose games. Toronto is bad but not awful but them and especially Montreal and Ottawa could use any sort of warm bodies that can play.

It's been a long time since I can remember a CFL season being so poor in terms of quality football, it might be the addition of Ottawa and the dilution of talent with that extra team that's affected the quality of play.

Agreed but Calgary have started excellent and can see them going further than last years loss at home in conference game. Toronto usually are slow starters but have only been following via reports and TSN app

Latest posts