• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NFL Thread

Yes but a strong Samoan heritage that formed his upbringing.
As I said LRZ I hope does go well but if he had potential the Chiefs would have kept him on practice squad. It was a free hit effectively for them.
Jags have him for marketing mire than anything and @TRF_Olyy said it. I won't be surprised to see him wheeled out for kick return in London.
Wouldn't rule out him being cut after London too
I'm happy to concedes if you can find anywhere that suggests that Maliata did sumo wrestling. His Samoan heritage is obviously crucial to him but Australia has no history of it and I doubt they have leagues set up for it.
I don't disagree it's a marketing for the jags as I said he would be better off at a different team

Doubt he will get cut after London.

I feel some are way to hard on him, just like he wouldn't be picked if he wasn't a rugby international I feel a few rugby fans are being harsh because he left international rugby.

As I said Alex Gray was on a Practice squad for 2 years

Disagree I would say Hansen, DVDM, IFW, Freeman, Lowe all potentially ahead of him at least.

No way he would've shone with that wales team.
Just as an aside, you've named 5 wingers there and even if I grant you all those (and that's a big concession) you'd still have to say LRZ was in the conversation even if he didn't make the squad so he would've been in the frame. But yeah, we'll never know.

I'm happy to concedes if you can find anywhere that suggests that Maliata did sumo wrestling. His Samoan heritage is obviously crucial to him but Australia has no history of it and I doubt they have leagues set up for it.
I don't disagree it's a marketing for the jags as I said he would be better off at a different team

I feel some are way to hard on him, just like he wouldn't be picked if he wasn't a rugby international I feel a few rugby fans are being harsh because he left international rugby.

Funnily enough Maliata was in the quade cooper boat of being Australian but not having citizenship. He only got it after he moved to America. Only had New Zealand citizenship due to one of his parents.

If you listen to New Heights episode with him. I'm not saying he was pro but sumo technique aided him for that position.

Equally I am not being hard on LRZ just feel he won't make it as the percentage is very small for anyone who has been playing it since a kid. Add in he is trying to make it in an extremely skilled position.
If he makes it I will be delighted but just can't see it although as I said at the Jags - The Khans are mad so who knows.

Gray only made practice squad too. He never made it properly. Wade has probably been the closest. He even scored in preseason.

Did he even have the build for RB? I always think they are a bit more heavily built.

Latest posts