• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NFL Thread

Oobviously not but he's seen as the jewel in a very strong defense.

I'm not sure he is any more. The Lions recruitment policy was incredible from a few years ago, where they had the worst defence in the NFL. Suh was a great signing, and a 'headline' player.
Unfortunately he's now an 'all the wrong headlines' player, but they have filled their D with young, extremely talented players, who can only get better.
I'm not saying that he'll go, but I wouldn't be surprised if he moved to somewhere like the Jags (who have an entire O & D aged about 12, and in need of someone to assist them)

Apparently the 40yd dash time that Jarryd Hayne put up in his combine, or pro day, or whatever it's called, would put him in the top 6 fastest running backs in the NFL.

Obviously there's a lot more to being a good running back than a good 40yd time, but interesting to see that he can mix it with the pros and that he see's himself as a running back.

Apparently the 40yd dash time that Jarryd Hayne put up in his combine, or pro day, or whatever it's called, would put him in the top 6 fastest running backs in the NFL.

Obviously there's a lot more to being a good running back than a good 40yd time, but interesting to see that he can mix it with the pros and that he see's himself as a running back.

Ran an unofficial 4.54 (unofficial as it was hand timed rather than with the equipment they used at the combine ). He is quick and in the small video I saw he also seemed to understand route running.

Don't expect fireworks though, general thought is that h if he does get signed, Detroit seem to be the team named) he'll spend a year on the practice squad to grow into the game. Similar to what Okoye did/is doing with the 49ers (dunno if he's there still or not)

Absolutely, if he gets any game time in the next year it'll be nothing short of a miracle, really.

Looking forward to seeing his progress, though.

Absolutely, if he gets any game time in the next year it'll be nothing short of a miracle, really.

Looking forward to seeing his progress, though.

He's coming into a position which is a very deep position so theres lots of guys fighting for a chance, on the other hand its a position now where you don't need to be a big name or a big reputation on a big contract to do well to get that chance.

As you say, see how he goes.

Ran an unofficial 4.54 (unofficial as it was hand timed rather than with the equipment they used at the combine ). He is quick and in the small video I saw he also seemed to understand route running.

Don't expect fireworks though, general thought is that h if he does get signed, Detroit seem to be the team named) he'll spend a year on the practice squad to grow into the game. Similar to what Okoye did/is doing with the 49ers (dunno if he's there still or not)

So it was an unofficial run?

So it was an unofficial run?

Not really. It was on a pro day, where NFL scouts were at so they would have taken note of the time ran. But because the time he ran was timed using stop watches it can't be 100% accurate compared to the runs made at the Rookie Combine where they used laser gated timers which are accurate.

If he tries out for teams, they may well do an official timing at training camp later this year

- - - Updated - - -

Reggie Bush on Free Agency and Adrian Pieterson possibly going to Cowboys. Crikey

AP wants to go. Vikings dont want to trade him as of yet. This one will run and run.

Do the Cowboys have Murray tied down for next season?

No and that's the tricky part. Both Bryant and Murray are Free Agents. Murray has said he wants to continue to play for the 'Boys. But I can't see it happening if they sign Bryant ... if they do.

No and that's the tricky part. Both Bryant and Murray are Free Agents. Murray has said he wants to continue to play for the 'Boys. But I can't see it happening if they sign Bryant ... if they do.

I can't see how they can keep both. If they do one will probably have to take a pay cut and I don't think either will want that. Which one would you keep?

What is going on with Dez ATM I know the boys where trying to tag him..

But isn't there a video out that paints him in a bad light or something.

Bryant would be hot property in the market.

Imagine if Brady had him to throw to. But the again how long will Brady be about now.

I'd be more inclined to keep Bryant if I were Jerry. Running backs break pretty easily so giving one a big contract isn't that great an investment and with that o-line you could probably put anyone in there and they'd make yards.

I think they are inclined to keep Dez, depends what Dez does however. His new agent is not the best man for Jerry to be dealing with.

Jarryd Hayne has signed a futures contract with SF 49ers.
Apparently they see him as a running back and kick returner.

skitch.0.0.png

:lol:

Latest posts