• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[Natwest 6 Nations] Round 4 : France Vs England (10/03/2018)

JJ didn't exactly hold up the defence v Scotland either.
A few of those try's were just odd though not really due to poor defensive positioning, poor defensive work like tackling sure though.

Not sure where the idea that Haskell is going to offer impact from bench is coming from.
He'll offer terrible discipline and numerous ruck penalties, but his carrying is nowhere near what it used to be

Not sure where the idea that Haskell is going to offer impact from bench is coming from.
He'll offer terrible discipline and numerous ruck penalties, but his carrying is nowhere near what it used to be

To be fair it's getting close though last chance saloon for him so we might see a performance from him . Plus he's pretty much been picked due to injuries to be fair on this bench he's certainly behind Underhill and Vunipola and possibly behind Tom Curry too .....

Mako vice captain?

I reckon it's a 'here is Mako, not the loudest chap, not been a Club Captain, not thought of as a leader'

Cue Launchbury, Maro, Robshaw and Lawes thinking '****, I need to lead'.

I'd have preferred Simmonds in front of Lawes but other than that, from the available players I think that's spot on (assuming Williams is injured). I imagine Te'o's in to counter Basteraud or however it's spelt.

I'd have preferred Simmonds in front of Lawes but other than that, from the available players I think that's spot on (assuming Williams is injured). I imagine Te'o's in to counter Basteraud or however it's spelt.
I honestly think Sinkler would have made the cut even if Williams was fit. Far better as a finisher and around the park. Just a superior player

I honestly think Sinkler would have made the cut even if Williams was fit. Far better as a finisher and around the park. Just a superior player

Williams has been brilliant imo . He's about the only forward in our pack that know how to clear a ruck and honestly when he clears the ruck it's stays cleared

Williams has been brilliant imo . He's about the only forward in our pack that know how to clear a ruck and honestly when he clears the ruck it's stays cleared
Hmm, I hope we will see in the summer when they are both *hopefully* fit and take up the mantle from Cole

Brown being dropped is a call I didn't expect EJ to make. Slightly disappointed we are sticking with the 3 locks and Cole but otherwise reasonably happy with it. Williams should start over Cole with Sinckler on the bench. Very glad to see George with LCD on the bench, hopefully they have a stormer and make Jones use them again vs Ireland.

The biggest concern is still the back row and if they struggle again against France after Eddie Jones basically going, 'well that was a surprise, we need to find out what went wrong because I thought it was fine', then it will be a massive issue ahead of the world cup.

Back row balance still off, but France are likely to present a different challenge to the Scots.

Hope George / LCD have stormers. Time to move on.

Teo may be a horse for course selection. Never really seen him as a13.

Having long backed Watson I can't complain. Bit of a slap in the face for Brown, 2 games after a MoM being dropped in favour of someone coming back from lengthy injury.

That bench is more game closing than impact. Squeaky bum time if we're not ahead after an hour.

Back row balance still off, but France are likely to present a different challenge to the Scots.

Hope George / LCD have stormers. Time to move on.

Teo may be a horse for course selection. Never really seen him as a13.

Having long backed Watson I can't complain. Bit of a slap in the face for Brown, 2 games after a MoM being dropped in favour of someone coming back from lengthy injury.

That bench is more game closing than impact. Squeaky bum time if we're not ahead after an hour.

I disagree, yes its a mix of impact and solid players, marler, wigs, brown are solid good players, but sinkler simmonds LCD and JJ are impact players. And hask could go either way could make a difference. I do think this will be an impact bench.

I disagree, yes its a mix of impact and solid players, marler, wigs, brown are solid good players, but sinkler simmonds LCD and JJ are impact players. And hask could go either way could make a difference. I do think this will be an impact bench.

In parts. But as a whole I don't think it's one the French will fear. Wigs is the real issue as he sets the tempo. If he has to be involved, I'd prefer him to start.

I think this could be a lot tighter than many are assuming.

I'm not assuming it won't be tight,
France are playing way better than the results suggest,
I can't see there being more than a score in it either way

Latest posts