• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

michalak in sharks

I don't appreciate Micjalak as player. He is able to do some brilliants pieces of rugby, but his inconstancy and strange tactical choices irritate me. Perhaps he will do progress on SA, but i'm not sure that he will be on the grass.

I realy cant see michalak adapting to SH rugby.Still nothing will stop him from having a good season at the SHARKS we will just all have to wait and see!

I am absolutely loving the look of the Shark's backline for 2008

9 - Pienaar / Kockott
10 - Michalak / Barritt / Steyn
11 - Pietersen
12 - Barritt / Steyn
13 - Murray / Jacobs
14 - Terblanche / Ndungane
15 - Steyn / Pienaar

I think Freddy will be able to slot in well to the Sharks' gameplan. We've never really relied on a kicking Flyhalf as such. I can see it now... a little creativity from Michalak, putting Murray into space, feeding off to JP. However, this is just a short term thing, Michalak will undoubtedly play only the one season, so bringing Peter Grant to the Sharks will be good for us, for Grant and for South African rugby.

Sharks' 2008 Backline

9.Pienaar (Kockott/Mathie)

10.Michalak (Dumont/Steyn - Prefer to see him at 15 though)

11.Pietersen (Mentz)

12.Barritt (Strauss/Bobo - If we can keep him)

13.Murray (Jacobs)

14.Ndungane (Noble)

15.Steyn (Terblanche).

Add Grant to that mix at Numero 10 for 2009 (once he's finished his degree at Stellenbosch) and we're talking long term domination of the Super 14. Go Sharks!

Viva Amabokoboko!

Michalak never played centre. He can play scrum-half (at least, he used to...) but centre would brand new for him.

You also have to have a bit of balls at centre. Michalak would crumble underneath the pressure especially he faced off against Nonu

I'm not too happy about it, It's almost as bad as Tony Brown. I wan to see south africans playing for south african teams. Plus Michalak is just too french for my liking - I really got sick of his and Chabals acting in the World cup. It's not soccer and I'm not too keen for him to be acting like the david beckham of rugby at the sharks. I'd like to see peinaar at 10 and steyn at 12.

I've got mixed feelings about this move. Players like John, Percy and Butch add that stability that the Sharks need. We have always been an inconsistent and full of flair team, and Michalak will just add to that. We need balance, and with the 3 players in mentioned before leaving a big gap will need to be filled.

That said, I wish all the best to Michalak and I'm 100% behind him.

sharks seem to have a nice looking back line with players like steyn, muarray, barrit, piennar and michalak (abit hot and cold for me), wonder how the first choice backline would look like. also why are some of you's putting butch at 10. isnt he going to bath??

Michalak is very much a confidence player. Currently that is something he is lacking, i think Butch James is a better all round played and much more dependable when the pressure is on. Could be an inspired move or a major flop.

I still believe that long-term, Pienaar`s best position has to be 10. Since Butch`s move to Bath, and Pretorius not quite the force he once was, there`s a big, gaping hole at 10 for the Boks- a gap that Pienaar should be able to fill very nicely. So for the greater good of Bok rugby, I`d like to see the following backline for the Sharks:

9- Michalak/Kockott

10- Pienaar/Michalak/Spedding

11- Ndungane/Mentz/Stick

12- Steyn/Barritt

13- Murray/Jacobs

14- JP/Mentz/Stick

15- Terblanche/Steyn( as cover?)

I'm not too happy about it, It's almost as bad as Tony Brown. I wan to see south africans playing for south african teams.[/b]

:lol: funny coming from a kiwi... how many people of kiwi heritage are actually in the allblacks?

Cack forgot Butch moved, the Sharks are looking very strong for the nex super 14 season.

I still believe that long-term, Pienaar`s best position has to be 10. Since Butch`s move to Bath, and Pretorius not quite the force he once was, there`s a big, gaping hole at 10 for the Boks- a gap that Pienaar should be able to fill very nicely. So for the greater good of Bok rugby, I`d like to see the following backline for the Sharks:

9- Michalak/Kockott

10- Pienaar/Michalak/Spedding

11- Ndungane/Mentz/Stick

12- Steyn/Barritt

13- Murray/Jacobs

14- JP/Mentz/Stick

15- Terblanche/Steyn( as cover?)

[/b]

I agree with you on that line up. Freddys' move to the Sharks is a strange one IMO but I trust management. I'm sure they have a plan to use him in the most effective way possible but with Eddie Jones comments about Pienaar being so simular to Larkham you gotta wonder if maybe we should be investing that rather.

As far as I can remember the Sharks have always had some player that is not from SA. Like Mendez (from Argentina), Putt and Brown (from NZ) and Townsend (a Scot) are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

Marketing strategy perhaps?

Not forgetting some previous French flair in the early 90`s with Thierry Lacroix and Laurent Cabannes, as well as French grunt in Olivier Roumat. So there`s a bit of a history of French in the Sharks lineup.

Overall, no real problems having 1 or 2 non-Saffa players, as long as they`re experienced, cool heads. Especially seeing as Percy, Butch, Smittie and Fabio won`t be around next season.

But is Freddie the real answer then? Even though he`s got plenty of flair and a helluva lot of international experience, well he`s not really known for his cool head under pressure hey. So that could be a bit of a problem.

Latest posts