• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland Squad

So the halftime thing has turned up nothing and it's his approach to the referees at full time that's being investigated moreso. Tbh unless he put his hands on the officials I don't really see it meriting a lengthy ban (depending on what was said obviously). A lot of overseas publications gleefully throwing out some huge numbers like 24 weeks, but I'm highly sceptical. Indo, which I also wouldn't trust is saying 10 or so weeks

1_Screenshot-994-1.png

That's the closest he got, he'd have had to say something absolutely wild to get 24 weeks.

Is mid-end not 12 week entry point? That's what Hartley got (reduced to 11 weeks for wearing a nice tie and combing his hair)
Or does Sexton not being in the matchday 23 put him in a different offence?

But yeah, I reckon low, maybe if they're feeling vindictive mid, level - then halved because everything gets halved, and probably some arbitary reduction on top as well
So like 12 down to 6 (first offence) down to 4 weeks (apologised in the hearing),
Or 6 down to 3 down to 2
Depends on the charge, from what I've heard was said it definitely seems to be the lower of the offences. While calling a ref a disgrace isn't great, it's not the same as calling them a cheat. Even if it's 12 weeks down to 6, Ireland just need to organise an extra warm up game and he's back for the SA game.
Screenshot_20230613_095358.jpg

Yeah he deserves a smack on the wrist, can't really have the precedent set of players confronting officials after a match, but tbh even 10 weeks would seem extreme if this were mid season.

Rumours are from inside IRFU legal office I have seen he will get a fine and maybe miss a warmup game. There is very "grey area" evidence and can't really be found guilty on presumption.
Now I have seen IRFU legal team at their best too and they will advise smartly. Sexton can plead guilty to lesser, say emotions were high and he has no track record etc etc so will be ok.

26 weeks will not be happening.

"We're in a tough pool, but we'll throw all our eggs in one basket and aim up against Ireland," Kefu said

And out

Yep.

"We can't play footy with them; they'll beat us every day of the week.

"So we need to come up with a bit of a plan and I think we've got one ... it's going to be good."
Get the N Pros ready so!

Slightly strange thing for a coach to say before a world cup for me, but fair enough I guess. Comes with the territory.

He doesn't really need a ban, hefty fine, public apology whilst going on record as saying Jonny Wilkinson is the goat!

Latest posts