• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland Squad

It's South Africa (3.75), France (4.00), New Zealand (5.00), Ireland (6.00) in that order
New Zealand being third is just so the bookies can get people betting realistically, it's all on public perception
South Africa still well deserved favourites IMO, but I'd have Ireland and France on level 2nd atm
Agree with this. I doubted SA 4 years ago but they timed their run perfectly and look to be doing so again. I think their peak performance is slightly below Ireland's and France's but not by much or even to the point whereby a few marginal calls or bounces of the ball won't flip the result in their favour. I also think any advantage Ireland and France have wanes as the tournament progresses.

I reckon Rassie has been eyeing is up for a long time (and Farrell them), so much so that he more or less used our defensive tactics for Scotland last Sunday with the only change being to beat the **** out of Russell for good measure. Winner of that match goes to the final whilst the loser has only got a few weeks to regroup ahead of what will arguably be a bigger challenge.

Well I suppose it tight and can see how SA are ranked high but it a case really of what is best style for games. I think Ireland will be happier games are very late as it kills heat slightly. France are my favourites as they are used to France, used to kick off times there and weather suits their style best. But it is very tight between top 3 and NZ I'd have 4th as they aren't the same NZ as old but still dangerous if they get tails up

Latest posts