• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

IRB Ranking at the end of the 6 nations

GarethEWilliams

Academy Player
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Ospreys
When does seeding for the 2015 world cup end? Is it the end of the 6 nations?

I think I am right if we beat France and Ireland beat England we move up to 4th.

How excellent would this be if we were in the top 4 seeds come the world cup?:cool:

I believe it is done in December.
June tours and AI's will have a big influence over the rankings.

With Australia being 5 pts ahead of us and us being the away team we have everything to gain from our June tour then. By similar comparison England SA tour have less points to gain.

I think I am now in the top 5% of people who understand the rankings, and still I have no real idea!

With Australia being 5 pts ahead of us and us being the away team we have everything to gain from our June tour then. By similar comparison England SA tour have less points to gain.

I think I am now in the top 5% of people who understand the rankings, and still I have no real idea!

The graph they use on the IRB website is fairly straightforward. But there's no point in looking more than 3 matches away as there's so many variations depending on how everyone's matches go. For example if Ireland had beaten France then England would have recieved far fewer points for beating them and probably wouldn't have be in 4th now.

Latest posts